Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

I've only texted a small handful of SFers, and, even then, it was only a couple people with any regularity. Alas, the frequency with which I've texted those guys has diminished considerably, a development that does not make me happy. :(

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Sam, I hope things improve on all fronts, soon.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Union Square Farmer's Market. I just got about 1 pound of arugula for salads later. $26. Mother fuckers. Never again. I could have gotten a ribeye for less.

4. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

As per my usual order when I go to Chick Fil A, I got 2 spicy chicken sandwiches, deluxe, golden wheat bun, no cheese. No fries.

I always ask for mayo.

Today I only got 2 packets of mayo. 3 is my minimum. I can't help but feel I was being judged. :( Ever since I lived in San Francisco, where mayonnaise is a dirty word, asking for mayonnaise publicly, and especially asking for more mayonnaise, is deeply shameful.

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've been hesitant to pull the trigger and text you.... but you could text me and see what happens.... just saying.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh, the roaches are all coming out of the woodwork now! I feel like the head of the cheerleading squad(who also happens to be a slut) today. I'm getting texts and calls from people I haven't heard from in months. Seems I started a mini shit storm over here. Ok, just to clarify things - I'm not sitting around, crying over my phone, desperately waiting for people to text me back, despite what Douglas might have you believe (love you buddy and your consistent ability to cheat at Words With Friends.) I text these people once every few weeks, maybe more frequently for the ones that I actually like, That post was more out of frustration with text conversations like this:

me:hey, what's up sparky?
    them: oh hey man. everything's great. just got a promotion at work. working my ass off. gonna boan later.
    me: that's great man, congratulations!

And then that's it. As I said, its more of a "why do I bother" type of thing. I know people have actual friends and lives and shit, but can a brother at least get an "atta boy"? I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a forum full of socially degenerate, alpha male wannabe's who can't even dress themselves, much less interact with other human beings on a basic level, without without the advice from a group of other socially degenerate, alpha male wannabe's.

I think I might just wholesale delete all the SF'ers in my phone, and whoever texts or calls within the next few weeks, gets put back in. Might be an interesting experiment.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012

7. patrickBOOTH

Well not anymore...

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

mix in a honey mustard sauce with one mayo... its delish...

theres actually a chick fil a in a NYU student cafeteria, thats easily accessible (even if you're not faculty/student/staff) near washington square park. Its only a kiosk and its only really open during student dining hours but it has legit chick fil a sandwiches - the jealous stares you get as you lug a chick fil a bag in the subway are priceless.

its the only one in all of NYC including all the boroughs.

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I doubt most of these people give that much of a shit to even bother.

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So I went to Ash Wednesday Mass and I get to the church and the parking deck was full. as in they blocked it off. On the one hand it should be good that all those souls are still seeking salvation but like, wtf mang. I'm here every weekend I'm in town unless I go to one of the other churches nearer me. Shouldn't I get like a dedicate spot or something? Like season tickets for a sports team, keep showing up you get a better seat?

Anyway, I had to park about a 10 minute walk away and so i got to Mass late and few things I hate more than being late to Mass.

I get there it was a great service and our priest gave a good homily so really (including Thomas Merton's famous prayer which is one of my favorites), I shouldn't complain. It would be nice, however, if every Sunday we had to have an overflow service but what are you going to do...

11. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm not judging you for using mayo, as I happen to be a fan of said condiment. I am, however, judging you for putting mayo on a warm sandwich. MrsG does this, too, and it just grosses me out.

I'm not sure I have your number. I know it's not in my phone, though I suppose it's possible it's in my SF or FB inbox after being exchanged before some meetup you never attended.

If you do have my number, and I'm still assuming you don't, you're welcome to text me, but don't start that "I'm gonna text you 1,000,000 times in a row shit." That shit would drive me nuts, and I'm just close enough to you to drive to your house and break your phone.

I would have texted you, but I ain't got yo' numbah.

PM it if you like to add another SFer to your phone book.

12. Douglas

LOL u mad bro? I'd say I've kicked your ass in every WWF game we've played except you're too much of a pussy to actually finish one without resigning (true story).

whew I'm glad I don't have any drama queens like this in my phone!

:nest:

13. Douglas

btw, wtf you guys all sext each other all day long?

only 1 SFer has my phone number. And fuck, I chose poorly on that front too.

14. patrickBOOTH

Do you have a live journal?

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

???
    :hide: