1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

I get to home depot to pick up my air conditioner...and they have an LG one sitting there but the one I bought was a GE. They were both "6000 BTU" models but the GE was actually 6400 BTU and had some better timer controls so while they were the same price, the GE was probably better. Also it was the model the website claimed was in stock and the one I ordered.

Turns out they don't even scan the items or anything and I was about to walk out with an AC that I hadn't technically purchased (and thus wouldn't be able to return or have repaired if something went wrong.). So we went around and looked for a GE in the store and couldn't find it. Then I had to "return" the non-existant AC and buy the other model...

at least I got her to give me a 10% discount :)

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

why does that piss you off? sounds like a good deal to me. :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Im supposed to meet up with an SF'er tonight and the fool is still in a meeting. In the meantime, I'm chilling at the bar eating all sorts of shit, drinking err thang, waiting for the guy

Edit- $49.67 HH for just me :crazy:

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

girls with crooked teeth

5. in stitches

eat up bro, who you meetin?

6. otc

otc Senior member

I got 10% off but ended up with a unit that is like 7% less powerful and has less options. Also, if I hadn't said anything and there was something wrong with the AC, it would have looked like I was trying to rob them when I bring in an LG air conditioner and try to return it with a receipt that says I bought a GE branded unit.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

it is not possible for any cleaner on earth to do their job without 1 out if every four shirts losing their collar stays along the way. to their credit, my current cleaner does a good job, is reliable and timely, and doesn't mash any buttons. but I suppose it's too much to ask to also avoid the collar stay homicide.

8. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

Have you considered taking out the collar stays before giving them the shirts?

I have metal collar stays but I am considering buying a few made of horn or MOP, thoughts?

9. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

well i've already confronted my buddies about it... and i've already told them that i've already worked out logistics.
    then it's "chill bro it'll be ok... you have a credit card right?"

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

^damn sorry about that.

I took the subway today and noticed this chinese family that does a super "sneaky azn" thing:

there's two stops on the L train right before beford ave that are only two blocks away from each other. the family (around 5 all in all) has the mother and father ride the train then get off and then hands their kids (who have walked the two blocks to the next stop) their unlimited ride metrocards through the gates so they can reswipe and get in for free.

normally this is hard to catch (because its so insignificant a "crime" in the realm of things) but I guess the cops were there and snagged the mother and father. I was tempted to jump out the train and try to help (maybe just shame the cops into finding real criminals - i can assume hipsters/young NYC'ers would gladly jump aboard).... but I was in a hurry to meet up with my wife (she was driving around the UES waiting for me and a friend for dinner).

I could see the super shamed faces of the parents looking at their kids through the gates with cops accosting them... as the train pulled away :eek:

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Why would you feel like helping, they failed and shamed your race by their lack of sneak virtuosity.

12. in stitches

i hear dat. but after all your searching on CL, you got a new model, and TEN PACENT OFF!! :)

+1, i always remove the stays before cleaning. i never liked the metal stays. even though they stay in shape, they are to hard for the thin under fabric of the collar, and eventually tear through.

not sure if MOP is the same, but i wouldnt risk it personally.

13. in stitches

thanks doc. :)

how old were the kids that were left on the train?

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

in motherland, if family get caught local committee strip them off their possession, children will be sent to correction camp, mother will make work in community fields and father will be paraded and shamed around town.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

what do you use?

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

well the kids were all on the outside of the gates... probably the oldest was early teens and the other two were young like under 10. The parents would then just hand off the metrocards to the kids at the gate to re-swipe (and get in for free).

I guess there was another fight at the Macarren Pool today. That makes three incidents (including a poop in the pool - that officials are trying to deny).

for all the money thats in the williamsburg area these days... it still can't escape the fact that its bordered by 3 huge project complexes (and the east river). basically the area is encapsulated by huge projects... teens/vagrants/pool-shitters are just a fact of life if you make it totally free to get in. (i'm actually all for making it totally free to get in - you just can't sensationalize these stories when its so fucking obvious that's what will happen).

17. in stitches

i keep all the plastic collar stays that come with the shirts. i take them out after before cleaning them, and put them in a designated spot an a dresser drawer. when i use the shirt again, i try and use the stays it came with that i put away. in case i lose one, or they break, i try to use a comparable size and shape stay from another shirt.

so far, the system works well for me.

18. in stitches

so the 10 year olds with the early teens were just left alone? did anyone attempt to help them, or is that a normal age for kids to ride alone?

19. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

i have no clue. i've seen this family do the, hand off metrocard to the kids a the next stop and reswipe before (usually when I take the subway to Central Park early on Sat/Sun mornings for NYRR running races). But the kids and parents were right next to each other across the gate so I can only assume they were put all together eventually after dealing with the cops.

20. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I can't sleep and I have to wake up 3.5 hours. :(