Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Thank you.:)

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

it is part of the pleasure of being in a foreign country...

You are always on the receiving hand of savoury comments at one point..

It is difficult not to react but you did the right thing..

3. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

that sux. The place I usually play at will try to fit you in if you call and say that you'll be late. Lots of people drive a fair distance to play there and traffic can be bad so I think they are used to it. I catch a train and taxi when I play golf it allows for more adult refreshments on course.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012

4. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

From my experience this kind of shit is very rare here so it was a shock.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Thanks Lasbar. Now fuck off you furrner!

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Yeah, well, don't get between your girl and one of her many men and this wouldn't have happened.

Several things...

1) lying in bed on Saturday... I have the blinds open and I see this giant possum walk along the fence... a few minutes later see it walk back... to its nest behind our house.
    2) I go for a walk and there is a dead cat on the sidewalk.
    3) Its too fucking cold.
    4) Again today it is cold and on top of that, someone left their window open over the weekend so its taking forever to heat up the office.
    5) I really like one of my coworkers. :(
    6) Went to Mass on Saturday and some bombshell Southern belle sat right in front of me and and did not talk to me afterwards. Of course I also spent the time afterwards chit-chatting with the POTUS' lawyer so that may have had something to do with it.
    7) something else...but I forget... I think just how much I dislike my roommate is enough.

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Was the guy wearing a bike helmet to boot?
    Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hopefully the whole event will fade into a distant memory where you are a badass who stood up to racial injustice.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

The Mrs. is still struggling with her cold or infection or whatever it is. I'm still fighting off something, not sure what it is but I didn't want to get up this morning.

Yesterday, though. Baby woke me up at 3:30 yesterday and I was about to head to sleep when I thought - hell, get your long run done this morning. 3 hours, no interruptions, just do it. I start gearing myself up mentally, and I'm out the door at 4:30. There's a truck that stops beside the house (I live on a corner) and I guess we watch each other for a few seconds before he drives off again. HMMM. I start out off the street but return to the house with an eerie feeling. Back inside, everything's kosher, but the truck returns, this time outside the front door. wtf. We watch each other again and he drives off again. I stayed in the rest of the morning, and around 6 I decided maybe I could catch some sleep before the rest of the house wakes up. I'm climbing into bed when baby wakes up again. *sigh*. I hold her, get her a bottle, she drifts off to sleep...and when I put her back in her crib, she kicks her feet and cries. This pattern repeats itself from 6 until 7:30, when I decided that it was time to start breakfast. And that's how my Sunday began.

I did eventually get in a decent run that afternoon, took the son to a nearby park - he rode his bike and I ran. We went too fast and the path was too short to make for a decent long run, but we made do for about 90 minutes and returned home.

9. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Cheers. I have not thought about it all day, posting here must have been cathartic. p.s. No one wears a helmet in Japan, even the racists aren't that uncool. :D

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I really wish Mondays did not exist.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

fucking cell phone bill :fu:

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

[Sheldon Cooper]Then tuesdays would be monday, which just moves the problem to tuesday.:teach: [/Sheldon Cooper]

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Sheldon is the cutest. :embar:

14. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

This old guy sitting across from me.

He's either trying to strike up conversations with the lounge as a whole, or is talking to his pet invisible purple kangaroo, because he's having half a conversation about the headlines in a week old newspaper... at the top of his lungs.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Lasagna for lunch at the restaurant downstairs today. Missed out on a corner piece by two customers :fu: