1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

meh if the american dream is doing the least amount of work to get the most money than sure yes he has a better hand than me, but call me a romantic id like to think that the american dream was more than that and the ones who put in the time and work will be rewarded at some point. Not just handed a great job with no experience like he was. I just want to make the median average for what my major makes 2 years out of school which is slightly over 50k not the 33 that I make now. I went to a good school and did well had an internship with a top financial company so what gives?

As an aside I like getting home at 7 and being able to go for a nice run rather than sloth on the couch or bed on my ipad and play trivial games like oregon settler.

2. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Night before last I didn't get much sleep because little Genevieve kept waking me up. Last night my body overcompensated and I slept too much. Now I have a slight headache, which always happens when I sleep too much.

Also, I dreamed that part of my teaching duties involved making my students Subway sandwiches half way through the class. One student insisted that I add creamed corn to her sandwich, even though I explained that we didn't have that. Another student said "I don't want to order a sandwich, I just want to talk about music."

3. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i hate rain. i know its needed, but it really messes with my mojo.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Uh-oh, I'm on a roll now. My dream story reminded me of this. I am the worst dreamer of anyone I know. I have friends who tell me all about their dreams, which feature complex, multi-layered plots with many characters and lots of exciting action. They often involve fantasy worlds with their own histories and sets of norms, which apparently my friends just dream up on the spot. Then, after describing these dreams, my friends say "So, what did you dream?" And I'm like "Uh, I was playing baseball." And they say "Oh, what happened in the game?" And I say "Umm, I grounded out to short. Then I went to the dugout and sat down."

1 person likes this.
  5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You can have some of ours, it has basically been rain since may here. :(

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm not a fan either, but it's too dry in these parts. I was returning home on a plane yesterday and saw how dreadfully brown everything is.

7. in stitches

no, no, ill pass thanks.

yeah, that is a sucky feeling.

it should rain every other night from 2-5AM. that would be cool by me.

8. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

My cheap trousers are sticking to my cheap socks. Agh. Polyester seems to stick to polyester. :(

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You sure?

18C and rain, it's great summer weather.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thanks liam... jeesh think you have it a tad worse... I'd turn hulk if the wife texts me like that.

thanks guys.

its also the azn passive-aggressive schtick. I hate that. (btw, glad to know your dog's okay)

11. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Man I is the lucky. If I say to my wife, I'm going to the pub to get drunk with my mates/playing poker/etc her response is either OK have fun or can I come?

12. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Make sure you call her at least, hmmmm, let's see here . . . 10 minutes . . . before you come home. :nodding:

13. in stitches

why is that pissing you off :puzzled:

14. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

he's pissed off that we're not as lucky?

15. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

tisn't, was response to others pissoffedness, 'swhy I am the lucky.

16. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

This three day long headache is killing me. My very well meaning but utterly incompetent trainee turning a ten pm close into 1145 did not help.

Re: the missus I made it sound horrible, having reread that post. She only does that when we were meant to be at the same place. If I go out stag I'll tell her midnight, in Princeton, and I'll get back from NYC at nine in the morning, which is totally fine as long as I get Dan Gao or those beer almonds from the street vendors.

I know the system but I don't get the rules.

17. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Text. Reply is usually, do you want me to make something to eat?

18. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Fang, one of the hugely important things that make her a keeper is she knows exactly how I like all my food prepared. Like, perfectly cooked and seasoned to my bizarre tastes, and she even knows which chillies I like in which food, like how my illegally smuggled Nagaland chilies are only for the goat vindaloo and chili :)

19. in stitches

you must have had a hell of an evening.

20. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

:fonz:

My wife only has one flaw, she makes me eat vegetables.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.