1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

thanks, A... don't really care for my wife's uncle... I do feel sad for my friend whose brother died... he also lost a brother last year, and we've been friends since high school, and we've been in and out of touch through the years but I still love that guy. with regards to my wife's uncle- that guy's an asshole who only values his money and doesn't care about people who aren't rich enough for him. most of his kids are of the same stock... my wife used to buy stuff from them for her work... when my mother in law passed away, my wife had to stop working for a while, and a few days after my mother in law's cremation and while my wife was depressed as hell because of this, one of those kids was textbombing my wife about overdue payables and subtly demanding payment from her... and the freaking payable was less than $300. so yeah, boo fucking hoo.

so yeah, bitch away brotha!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

holy cow acid. Condolences mang.

wife's sick, baby doesn't want to sleep. went to bed at 10:30, up at 12:30. couldn't get baby back to sleep so around 2 I finally gave up and started studying for this Saturday's exam, for which I'm badly under-prepared. Not sure I'll get to run this morning, either. At least I finished off the prep book this week and have a few more days to get it all crammed in.

Also: wife's got a school board trip in a couple of weeks. Wants to make a vacay of it, but New Mexico? really? I fucking hate NM and I fucking hate traveling with family. Would rather stay home with the kids.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

really need a :vomit: smiley.

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I work with a brazilian furniture manufacture, who promised me a 2012 price list in february, after having asked for i 100 times, I had a meeting with the designer in Milan in April, where he was like, WTF you haven't received it yet.

Start May I get an email from the export manager that I will get it tomorrow, a month later nothing happens except they ad my company Facebook as favorite to theirs and I still haven't received the 2012 price list.

I'm so over dealing with these people and they owe me a 5k$ chair. :censored:

Edit: I forgot the best part a couple design has won some award and suddenly they remember they have sold the rights to another company 2 years ago and the company have claimed the right after two year, as they now have won awards.

So the award winning design, that are featured in the brochure I spend $$$$ designing, is not in the line up any longer, so that was money out the window.

:cloud:

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

1. that would really blow, id probably have to kill someone if that happened.

2. MOST DEFINITELY NOT! IT WAS FROM MCDONALDS. NOT KOSHER!!

that is a really really shitty night. sorry acidbro :(

inorite. a cute one like this, [​IMG]

7. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Dude, Acid, i feel for you.

My missus has some pretty serious social anxiety issues, I love her to death and I'd never leave her, yet even though I'm pretty damn anti social (these days its weird for me to go out more than once a quarter) it drives me nuts. Every once in a while I get an invite somewhere that is really only appropriate for couples, and I know exactly how its going to work out. She'll say she'll go, she'll say its fine when I ask if she's sure, I get excited because its going to be awesome etc... The day before she'll freak out and claim she's getting sick, or has too much work to do, either I call and cancel and feel miserable, or like an idiot I try to talk her into going and either I go stag and she's pissed off at me, or we go together and she refuses to interact with anyone, including me, until we're on our way home, and every five minutes is her TEXTING me if we can go yet, because she just plays with her phone as a defense mechanism. Literally will not look at people or shake their hand on nights like that. If I go out without her its texts all night asking when I'll be home and if I say 1130 and get home at 12 she's in a massive funk because she "had plans" which usually consist of watching a movie. Oh no. Definitely can't put that on late.

TL;DR I think we've been in the same boat, also, sorry for your losses.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry Acid, yeah, keeping your wife happy can be a strange mission.

9. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Didn't know Liam was married.

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Acid, all the best...

11. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the paradoxical part of those type of situations? when you ask you wife the honest question in a calm and tender tone: "just tell me honestly.... do you not want to go?" proceeded by wife biting your head off for being a "dick".

my dog just threw up a shard of glass... there's no blood or anything (I was told). off to the vet.

my dog is weird because he's only 17weeks old and 13lbs but the fucker likes to fight big dogs.... often to the amazement of the big dogs themselves and their owners. Its the playful wrasslin type of play where they'll just tumble around and nip at each other....

but my dog takes it to another level and makes the other dog(s) chase him around then pulls this move where he'll be running full out with the other huge pit bull/mastiff/rottweiler /ect chasing him he'll jump mid air and snap/latch on to the other dog and tackle the big dog into a rolling heap. after that he'll keep on wrestling.... he has no quit.

I was at the dog run yesterday and everyone was amazed at seeing this little 13lbs puppy going at it and pinning down huge scary dogs and doing the full-run tackle thing... seriously there were people outside the fence watching laughing and cheering in semi horror.

I'm just afraid that he's not learning not to fuck with bigger dangerous dogs... its the total opposite he gets empowered/blazoned at the opportunity to go at it.

12. in stitches

+1. i thought GF

sidebar - as my wife is also not really a social butterfly, i have long learned to go stag, and love it. once you are comfortable with it, it can be great sometimes.

13. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

As long it's just play don't worry, if the grown up dog gets annoyed it will put him in his place.

My dog loves to play fight like a bear, it often looks real violent especially when the counter part is a french bulldog twice his weight.

14. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Sorry, jokingly refer to her as "missus" because we've been living together for five years and she's entirely financially dependent on me.

15. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

it's raining. :plain:

now I have to buy an umbrella

16. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sounds like a marriage to me

17. in stitches

sucks, its fucking beautiful here for the first time in weeks.

lol

@ doc lawrence - your dog is boss!

18. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:nodding:

:plain:

19. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like he plays his cards better than you. He's living the American Dream.

20. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

It's been beautiful here for weeks, and that's not a good thing because we need rain, badly. A mandatory watering ban goes into effect tomorrow. How am I supposed to keep my lawn green now?