1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Geoffrey, that sucks and I wish you well in dealing with this.

Normally I am the anti-Neo re: Mondays but today I have manage to sprain both middle fingers by mid-morning, such is the frequency and intensity with which I have been expressing my anger and butt-hurt-ness. Now I am waiting for the liquor stores to open.

Yeah.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I do direct bank transfers with my landlord. It's a pain to set up but you never have to worry about when they choose to cash your check.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    You can also get a money order at your bank. Shouldn't cost more then $5 and you don't have to worry about having a check for a large amount floating out there. That's what I do.

4. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

what is the diference if the check floats out there? deduct if from your balance, and treat it like its gone as far as spending is concerned.

5. Jr Mouse

Sure, but mistakes happen. Doing it this way gives me an added peace of mind.

6. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

AMEN! :)

7. in stitches

whatever floatz yer boatz. i never complain about people letting me hold onto my moniez. :D

8. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

rent is for small timers

2 people like this.
  9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

have you seen the awesome rims on my car? they cause the new tires I had to buy, because of the larger rims, to scrape on the tire wells, and I got a couple flats this week because of the lower profile tires that I still drive through the pot hole riddled streets.

but I had some extra cash in mai chekin account!

seriously though extra liquid cash gets easily spent because its there. its human nature.

10. Jr Mouse

This. I find that VISA checkcards have made it all the easier to loose track of your balance as you go.

Depending on where you live, a check not clearing can cost you. I know where I live, if rent is not paid on time they default you to the non prorated "market rent rate" for the month and charge you an additional $15 per day.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  11. in stitches

FTFM

lol, its certainly my nature

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I've had a headache for 3 days now due to my allergies.

13. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

3rd world country still using checks, what is this the 1970s or something? Also who is arguing with zee Joo about money? Fools.

14. in stitches

you take allergy meds? they are a must for me.

15. otc

otc Senior member

Set up your bank to mail the check for you in the bill pay feature. Its worked with every bank I have ever tried. Only annoyance is that I have to set it to pay a little early since I want the checks to arrive in a timely manner but you have to account for the differance between 28 days in february and 31 in other months...unfortunately the banks will all let you send checks 3 days after the start of a month but not three days before. I think I actually have the date set to the 27th so it probably shows up late every march but the landlord has never once said anything about it.

IIRC, both banks I have recently used for this deduct the money as soon as they cut the check. If something weird happens and it doesn't get deposited, then it will probably come back into your account at some point.

Who uses their checking accounts for anything besides ATMs, rent checks, autopay/direct debit on bills that won't accept CC, and paying their credit card bill each month?
    Check cards are just asking for trouble (and debit mode is a great way to become a fraud victim without Visa/MC being in the middle to step up and cover the losses).

16. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

17. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Or better still ask your bank to catch up with the middle of the 20th century.

18. gort

gort Senior member

mint.com is a life saver. So nice to be able to track every penny you spend, it really helps with budgeting and making sure I'm regularly contributing to my new house fund.

1 person likes this.
  19. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Nope, I normally get a shot in the beginning of the season, but haven't had any issues this year until a week or two ago.

Benadryl doesn't work.

20. in stitches

i pay all my bills online. i use debit card so my CC bills dont get crazy, better for cash flow.

im no baller, i worry about cash flow. :(