Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

strong stoic type is see. :)

also, 19k, not too shabby. :)

2. MrG

MrG Senior member

I brought the booze to the last funeral I attended. I intended to share a nip with the boys immediately following the service, as I think my dead friend would have liked that. However, my mom came, and I couldn't bear to drink whiskey at church in front of her. It was greatly appreciated at the wake, though, as it was held at the only Irish pub in the whole world that only serves beer and wine. The brother of the deceased was especially grateful for a bit of brown liquor with which to toast his brother.

I don't cry, either. My mom used to think I don't deal with the emotions surrounding death, but she came to the last funeral I attended and didn't mention it. I think she's realizing that I'm not like everyone else. In fact, I don't generally cry about death at all. Even with the friend I just lost, I have yet to break down, though I've gotten closer than usual. Sometimes I worry that my (non)reaction to death makes me a sociopath.

I think it's OK for those closest to the deceased, mostly because they're probably in unspeakable emotional pain and thus have license to do whatever the fuck they need to do, but it's wholly inappropriate for the vast majority of guests.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

"No More Tears" - Ozzy Osborne

4. in stitches

judging by your posts in this and other matters i wouldnt say at all that you are "non-reactionary" (and certainly not a sociopath, lawlz). you just have a different/very internal way of reacting/processing. nothing wrong with that since you arent running from dealing with whatever the issue is. i dont know you personally, but thats just what i gather from your posts here.

yes, i never meant to pass judgement on the family and closest friends, they can do as the please.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

:facepalm:

6. patrickBOOTH

I can't find a comfortable position for my back or neck. I think my boobs are getting too big.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

A couple reasons for this:

1) he is a pretty big boy (6'2'' 195), used to work out heavily and was on roids so who knows what he's capable of, even though I'm a proven fighter.
    2) I've learned young that you never fight a junkie because they are simply capable of anything; they do not have any reservations, and if they're all fucked up they pretty much don't even feel what you're doing to them
    3) If anything serious came out of it, and somehow police were involved, my parents would lose out on that bail money which would be unfair to put them in a predicament like that
    4) I'm trying to be responsible in this stage of my life. I used to be that kid who would scrap at any moment's notice, but I realized that doesn't really get you anywhere and I've relegated that to only when severely provoked or I've exhausted all other measures.

it's a little more difficult than that. The car is not in my name, per-se, because I'm young and the insurance would rape me. Also the condo is, from what I hear, a pretty big mess (if you can imagine this kid living alone, unsupervised then you'd get a pretty accurate picture). Furthermore, where I live now is significantly closer to my school so I'm pretty much tied down.

no I can't because I'm in school and did not pay for it myself. And yes I left my keys because I'm considerate and realize that my car is at the end of the driveway, blocking other peoples' cars, and they leave much earlier than I do. The keys are there so they can move my car and be able to leave. Simple. Thanks for putting on your dickhead hat when you wrote that post buddy.

no, not my roomate. He's my stepbrother who has been forced to live with us. Haven't seen or heard from him in a good 7-10 years prior to this (which is pretty long considering I would have only been 12).

For context: I'm a 27 in Dior raws, which essentially equates to a 30 waist. I am small though, but not 27 inch waist small.

and yes Ed, I can fight.

I'm trying to figure something out. I'm hoping, that with the most recent events, that his stay here will be cut short. Otherwise, I'm just going to have to wait it out and transfer to my school's other campus and live with my grandparents. They live within 10 minutes walking distance to my school's other campus so it would be great, the only thing is I wouldn't have the amenities that I have here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012

8. gort

gort Senior member

How about you park in front of the house on the street and keep your car keys hidden. :D

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I'm totally talking out of my ass on this one, but I thought you only lose your bail money if you fail to make certain court appearances. If the po-po had to take your step-bro back into custody, I think your parents would still get their bail back.

That said, I'll defer to Harvey on this one.

10. oneeightyseven

tickets. they love their tickets.

also, it was common procedure to do what I did before he moved in, so this scenario didn't even enter my mind. It was also done out of habit. Every night that I'm blocking someone I just leave the keys. I just thought that everyone here had a basic understanding of what you can and cannot do.

11. in stitches

+1
    --
    good luck one87

12. patrickBOOTH

I say 187 should shoot him and then defer to Harvey.

13. oneeightyseven

I don't quite know if that's true or not, but I always thought that if you had gotten into trouble while on bail, that your bail would be lost. Either way, being uninformed, I wouldn't have even wanted to risk that.

Still, even taking that into consideration, any trouble he gets into would add unnecessary headaches and further monetary loss for my parents in that they would have to spend more money on his lawyer (obviously he isn't paying for it).

Oh, and another thing I forgot to point out. His father got him a union construction job, and obviously the kid can't cut it and is not working anymore. So he's downstairs, in that little dungeon of his, not working and just being downright scummy.

14. oneeightyseven

I just want to say thank you to you guys who are being supportive and are being genuinely considerate. I appreciate it, I really do.

I'm not usually one to bitch about things like this, but this has really gotten out of hand as of recently and the extended period to which I've been dealing with this is really getting to me. I do not feel comfortable in my own home and this punishment is brought down on me for someone else not being able to control themselves or their own life decisions.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

/brohug