• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

people who attend funerals in jeans, sneakers, and wear their sunglasses the entire time (in the funeral home, church and throughout the service). There were many. Have some ******* respect

I have a redneck aunt who owns her own tanning bed and wore big see-thru heels to my grandfather's funeral. :brick:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

people who attend funerals in jeans, sneakers, and wear their sunglasses the entire time (in the funeral home, church and throughout the service). There were many. Have some ******* respect

I've (unfortunately) been to a couple of funerals in the last six months or so, and I've noticed the same thing. The sunglasses are the worst. It screams "look at me, I'm a tough guy in mourning, so I can't take off my shades to reveal my tough-guy eyes. No one can see such a badass show weakness."

One weird thing I noticed at the last funeral I attended: A lot of the friends of the deceased were musicians and the sort of "counter culture" type. One might have expected that group to show up the least properly dressed, but, by and large, they made the most effort to put on their Sunday best. There were more suits and ties, per capita, among that group than among the clean-cut parents' friends who came to show support.

Good advice. Except I walked out the door this morning and completely forgot the yoghurt. Oops.
Yeah, I do the squeeze bottle instead of the neti pot, but it definitely is good. Before the surgery, the neti pot was useless - I couldn't get any flow at all. I had been doing it religiously for a while after the surgery, but I thought I was supposed to stop after a few weeks. I thought I had read somewhere that it was bad for normal mucus development or something, so I quit it. The other day at my ENT appt, he asked if I had been doing the rinses and I said I had stopped. He was all, "WTF? You need to put that thing next to your toothbrush. Twice a day, every day, rest of your life."
So anyways, yeah, I'm back on it. :)

I've read the same thing about long-term use. I wonder if it's just a cost-benefit thing for you.

Either way, I'm glad you're using it. I don't use mine all the time, but I was shocked at how much I liked it when I started using it during colds and the like. I hope you get to feeling better.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am often surprised at how many people do, in fact, dress nicely and make an effort at funerals. I hate attending funerals with my mother because she gets pissed off at me for not crying and being stiff and awkward. :rolleyes: am I supposed to ball my eyes out and do ******* cartwheels?

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

People's stinky ******* lunches in the office.

It might be time to let the girlfriend jump your bones Patrick. You're sounding rather pentup today.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It might be time to let the girlfriend jump your bones Patrick. You're sounding rather pentup today.

I'm actually pretty ok. I do feel the slightest tinge of horniness though. She might get lucky tonight. But, probably not.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am often surprised at how many people do, in fact, dress nicely and make an effort at funerals. I hate attending funerals with my mother because she gets pissed off at me for not crying and being stiff and awkward. :rolleyes: am I supposed to ball my eyes out and do ******* cartwheels?

i always wear the same attire to funerals. dark suit, muted plain tie and NO SUNGLASSES.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i always wear the same attire to funerals. dark suit, muted plain tie and NO SUNGLASSES.

How about a funky hat to show people how you're so unique and a free spirit that celebrates the soul moving on? I'm thinking about it.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm actually pretty ok. I do feel the slightest tinge of horniness though. She might get lucky tonight. But, probably not.

the seed has been planted

what's wrong with sunglasses? people use them to hide their tears.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love funerals, they are great social events and everybody is drinking so I fit right in.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How about a funky hat to show people how you're so unique and a free spirit that celebrates the soul moving on? I'm thinking about it.

i usually wear my yarmulke or sometimes also my j00 hat, but then again everyone else is wearing the same so it doesnt make me very unique at all really.

what's wrong with sunglasses? people use them to hide their tears.

its a funeral, someone just died, often someone people in attendance loved dearly. why hide your tears? ive cried at funerals and im not embarrassed in the least to be seen doing such.

it seems the glasses just make it more annoying. everyone can tell the person is crying and they have to keep adjusting their glasses to wipe their eyes. doesnt seem to accomplish much. different strokes i guess.

I love funerals, they are great social events and everybody is drinking so I fit right in.

i have never seen booze at a funeral in my life. j00s are so boring.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^No booze at the funerals I've attended either. And no tears, I tend to be rather stoic.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm getting hot flashes.

As a follow-up I just googled this and apparently men who are castrated get hot flashes. Now we know what my problem is...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads