Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

A shitton. WRT this... no idea. I wish I had a reason, tbh. I might just go to Al-Anon so I can get a chip :slayer:

2. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

She is Czech and might be looking for a green card...

You're in ..

3. edinatlanta

ethnically Czech.

4. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Shit...

You have not other option to get her really drunk to fuck her.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

I've always preferred Axl Rose's version, which was released far more than five years ago:

"Vicarious existence is a fuckin' waste of time."

1) Does not compute.
    2) Two words: Kept Man
    3) With any luck, she'll say the same thing after being under you at the end of the evening.
    4) See if FLMM will bombard you with texts while you're on your date. The inverse worked out pretty well for him.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Don't worry. With your frame of mind, I can assure you this is not even going to be a remote possibility.

I say this with full love for you - you sad sack motherfuckers need to snap the hell out of it. You are who you are. Even though some of you think your lives suck, believe me, they don't. Many of you have traveled. You don't have to go so far as down the street to see people who are really fucked. I went down to Hampden (classic working-class white neighborhood in Baltimore that is somewhat famous thanks to John Waters for it's "Hon" culture, think "Hairspray," now popular with hipsters) yesterday on an errand. There were two tatted-up dudes walking with an obviously drunk, overweight woman, all in their 20s, with two little girls about 5 years old trailing behind them, making a bunch of noise and swearing about some "fucking yuppies" who needed to "get the fuck out of our neighborhood."

Those 2 little girls? They've got problems.

You've never been in an era where you were freer to be yourself, or had more opportunities to find people like you to socialize with.

Seriously, snap out of it. This poor old me bullshit isn't helping anyone, least of all yourselves. Get some goddamned counseling.

7. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

What is this bullshit with "there's something wrong with me, I don't know why I don't want to drink?" You don't want to drink for some reason? What is it? Man up to it. Identify it. It's ok not to drink. Say it, be it, it doesn't matter. People can respect that. People who can't aren't your friends anyways.

I mean crap, is it so hard to go out and choke down a single glass of wine? God dammit Ed, and Rambo, and a few others.... you guys can be so infuriating. Shit.

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

People who don't drink are generally real wet blankets. There is a huge difference between having a drink or two and getting wasted.

9. edinatlanta

while i do agree with you i really don't have a reason not to drink. I was detoxing this month and then decided yesterday i was going to go booze-less through to April just for something to do.

Also, I've got pretty bad social anxiety and i'm a real life Larry David which does not help things :)

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

OJFC, I was about to type out these exact same responses, even down to "Did you need me to text you every two minutes? That seems to work out well." :evolve:

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am probably the biggest Larry David in the world in terms of not buying into many social etiquettes and being a hypochondriac. People and social situations don't give me anxiety, however. I just think a lot of norms are stupid.

Did you you say you were saving up some money by not drinking?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012

12. edinatlanta

that is a desirable by-effect, yes.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

There are very effective treatments for this, Ed. No need to just live with it. Hell, some studies show exercise alone is as good as talk/med therapy for anxiety and depression.

:laugh: :fu:

Incidentally, that's the best use of the evolve smiley I've ever seen.

14. edinatlanta

You aren't helping anything, MrG

Yeah I'm working on it on my own, I've actually had like four seachanges from when I started college. It was really bad then.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The other times people puked in my bed all happened the last semester of college when we were raging (and i was interviewing). My shitty college house didnt have locks on my door so even though i shut it before leaving, drunken fucks would just stumble in and do their bidness.

Its been awhile since people have disrespected my shit but im moving pretty soon and work has been sucking my soul lately so im too indifferent to care about shit like this anymore.

Being an adult is overrated. I wish i was a kid again :(