Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Dear Senator, while I appreciate the faith and confidence in me, you cannot give me absolute authority to kick anyone in the state out of the ____ program and deny any one I choose the right to provide ____. It's an arcane concept we lawyers like to call due process, you may have heard of it since your full-time profession is, in fact, listed as "attorney". Furthermore, while this may be surprising and counterintuitive, reducing the penalty for ____ fraud from a felony to a misdemeanor will, in effect, hamper my efforts to stop _____ fraud, not help them. Thank you. Feel free to use this response every time one of your staffers sends me proposed legislative language, as they've sent it to me four times in two weeks. Thank you and God bless this great state.

FLMM

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[​IMG]

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

isn't hampering efforts and hurting efforts the same thing...? :confused:

4. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

FLIGHT DELAYS I WANT TO GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

:fu: I fixed it.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

great letter FLMM.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

+1... it's rainin like a mofo here! Great letter FLMM... you watchin the debate now?

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

im still at work. fml. i hate 13 hour days.

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Rick Santorum... watching the debate now... this guy is an idiot.

10. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

quarter of a bottle of johnny walker black, couple of glasses of johnny walker double black, finishing up at 1am, getting in bed at 2am and having to wake up before 6.

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

If it means maintaining your health, you should look at getting out of the USA and finding something to do with yourself elsewhere- had I taken things more seriously and not been a kid when things started to go wrong, I might still be okay today. I was living overseas at the time and I had cheap medical care at my disposal, I just didn't come to realize that til much later on once I dealt with the reality that is American health care.

The health care system itself is not going to get better any quicker than you are health-wise, so there's no use in waiting for it to come around - as always, the very people who need it are voting against it in America out of sheer ignorance. They're fucked - they will die. I am probably gonna be okay for the rest of my life, whether I live in Japan, or Korea, or some other place - it just won't be the USA, where I can't get health insurance or competent medical treatment :fu: But really, no use in waiting around as if the US will magically sprout adequate social welfare systems - getting out the tools and carving your own gravestone would be more fruitful.

12. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

^ Sorry to hear about all the shit you had to go through.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I'm fine... I have my life, and it is going well - I try to keep some amount of sense when thinking about the world and other people's problems, but I am a masochist and I log onto my facebook or read things on the internet, and I do lose faith in human beings often :fu:

I think the biggest :fu: so far though, has been when I've met wacko Christians who regard my own personal problems by saying things like 'this is just God's plan for you'

14. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Senior member

It's weird when I look back on how I grew up. My family *never* had health insurance (first-generation immigrants, etc.). When shit went wrong, we relied on a Korean-American doctor and, even more frequently, unprescribed meds from a shady pharmacist. Guess we just hoped that nothing catastrophic would happen and it kinda worked out.

By which I mean, it was all God's plan for my family.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

^ I never had health insurance, either. I can see, now looking back, at the rough choices my family had to make when I was a kid.