Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

here is your chance to do some sumo moves!

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I dont know what kind of dentist you see but my root canal was utterly painless.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Ain't that the truth! One thing you never hear is criticism of feminism. I mean not even a single critical word. Anywhere on the whole terraqueous globe.

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

I want my tax return moneyz. :( Ahh hope its enough to pay for my gender studies degree and fibromyalgia related medical expenses.

5. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

:nodding: Pretty symptomatic of our society as a whole. No one wants to do the actual research, so he'll just recite what the media told him happened at the debates. Like the college kids who will argue that Hemingway's works show that he was a latent homosexual, yet have never actually read any of his books. (FWIW, I've actually met a couple of people like this). We all just parrot talking points.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

What FLMM said!

7. L'Incandescent

I've got some very strong opinions on this issue myself, and goddammit I'm gonna speak my mind, even though the forces of "PC" are doing their damnedest to stop me: What FLMM said!

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

yes exactly... and not only is it pissing me off, it's totally fucking aggravating and completely asinine. how do people operate like this? (for the record my father is pretty intelligent (in finance), but turns into a complete fool when it comes to anything political or legal.) after the debates, even Fox was ripping into Romney about the disingenuous nature of some of his answers w/ respect to Bain, his taxes, inheritance and job creation. too bad the 80% of idiots who determine the outcome (to whom he is speaking) eat this shit up like pixie dust sprinkled popcorn.

9. L'Incandescent

I'm always amazed at people whose professional success depends on their ability to think rigorously, taking into account all the relevant information and resisting the temptation to arrive at judgments too hastily. When these very same people think about things outside their professions, like politics, they completely abandon those virtues. They'd never allow themselves to think in such sloppy ways when real money or professional success was on the line. What's more, they are much more certain of their judgments outside their area of expertise than they are within it. Very strange.

10. Kid Nickels

that's it EXACTLY! Yes x 10,000. Strange indeed.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

The human mind loves to compartmentalize.

12. Kid Nickels

so it's a psychological condition? should I have him (my dad) checked out??!! :lol:

13. L'Incandescent

Yup. I also think it's easy to think sloppily about politics when you'd never do that in your professional life because the consequences of your bad decisions are so remote. If I advocate for some political party or figure, and then bad things happen, I can always blame a hundred other factors. My ideas were right, but the people in charge of implementing them messed up. Or maybe the people I advocated for did their level best, but they were thwarted by their opponents, who don't have the country's best interest at heart (as I do, of course).

14. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I love feminists ...

They're dirty in bed.

15. otc

otc Senior member

Just make sure you go to a good endontist and not any random schmoe dentist who says "oh yeah, I can do that for your right quick".

Mine was better than having a cavity filled...she was damn good. I didn't even realize it was done--I thought they were just getting to the point where they were going to attack my tooth when they were like "alright, we've got the temporary filling in there, we're all good".

I only needed advil because it was a trauma injury that made the root canal necessary...and so their pushing on it made the surrounding area hurt again since it had not set in place yet. If you think about it, they are killing the nerve...so there is nothing in there to feel pain :)