• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

What does his dressing sense have anything to do with him complaining at your inability to make it to work on time?

What does his gender have anything to do with him complaining at your inability to make it to work on time?

What does the fact that he's your boss have anything to do with him complaining at your inability to make it to work on time?

What does the fact that he spends every moment of his work time on some stupid internet site have anything to do with him complaining at your inability to make it to work on time?

What does the fact that he bitches about you being late have anything to do with him complaining at your inability to make it to work on time?

<3 ya Harv.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

3 root canals! I'm going to need 3 ******* root canals. [/quote
Sorry dude, root canals suck major monkey balls. Make sure they give you enough pain meds (oxycodone or the like with refills) since it tends to be really ******* painful for a few days after.

I'm honestly not trying to pile on you, but I've had six root canals and have never taken pain meds. That's ridiculous. Take some Tylenol and STFU.

Last edited:

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm honestly not trying to pile on you, but I've had six root canals and have never taken pain meds. That's ridiculous. Take some Tylenol and STFU.

Better be safe than sorry. To each his own, but I rather throw out pain meds, than be in pain and not have them.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Better be safe than sorry. To each his own, but I rather throw out pain meds, than be in pain than not have them.

That's a really good point.

I guess my status as a Southern white man from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background has made me risk-averse to painkiller addiction, but lots of folks manage it fine.

Last edited:

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a really good point.
I guess my status as a Southern white man from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background has made me risk-averse to painkiller addiction, but lots of folks manage it fine.

You recall that I lived in SoFLA, yes? I know many Southern white men / women from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background that are druggies. I think it's a personal mental issue which makes one a drug addict or not... it all depends how prone you are to get addicted and how strong you are to resist it.

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

You recall that I lived in SoFLA, yes? I know many Southern white men / women from a socioeconomically disadvantaged background that are druggies. I think it's a personal mental issue which makes one a drug addict or not... it all depends how prone you are to get addicted and how strong you are to resist it.

I'd argue poor white trash are the majority of painkiller addicts. That was my point.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd argue poor white trash are the majority of painkiller addicts. That was my point.

Gotcha.

You should see the **** the poor do in Argentina (and its neighboring countries)... stuff like pasta base, which is cocaine based but even worse than crack. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It really depends on how you process pain. "Toughing through the pain" is actually harmful to your body and slows down the healing process. If you're just not in pain, don't take the meds, but trying to be a badass and grit through real pain is not particularly smart.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the actual enduring of pain creates a special "high" in some people (like marathon runners and Iron Man participants). There's always the weird, but very common occurrence in orthopedic cases where people that suffer massive fractures and have to wear a cast/be in traction for months end up missing the pain to the point where its almost like withdrawal.

also think of all those S&M people getting whipped until orgasm... :smarmy:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It really depends on how you process pain. "Toughing through the pain" is actually harmful to your body and slows down the healing process. If you're just not in pain, don't take the meds, but trying to be a badass and grit through real pain is not particularly smart.

I'm a wimp when it comes to pain. I don't suffer well.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Gotcha.
You should see the **** the poor do in Argentina (and its neighboring countries)... stuff like pasta base, which is cocaine based but even worse than crack. :uhoh:

Pasta base? Wow. Just researched that. That's sad.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pasta base? Wow. Just researched that. That's sad.

^ ughh me too.... sad and f'd up. Pasta base... I thought it was gonna be tomato sauce! now...pissing me off..... my father just called and somehow asked me about the Republican debate last night which I already know he didn't watch. Regardless, he still is a fountain of opinion and dogmatic beliefs based entirely upon nothing. Furthermore, he tried to tell me how his "critical thinking" is supported by his assumption that Romney is the prohibitive favorite etc, etc. Maybe he is the favorite, but he hasn't won yet and oh... did I forget to mention... he didn't even watch the debate?! Now he want's to debate about the debate?!!! WTF?

Last edited:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
teger, I just had root canal a couple of weeks ago, the last time I had one was 20 years ago, in Israel. the technology has really improved and it was basically painless, I flew that night on a business trip

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads