Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Stitch, you and your wife have tried to make amends and keep peace, but now it's time for your brother and his wife to do the same. No way can you allow someone to disrespect your wife, not even a member of your own family, especially when your wife has extended an olive branch. It's just not done. I hope your brother realizes this, and does what he needs to do to make amends with you. But if not, so be it. I speak from personal experience, unfortunately.

2. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Family can be awesome, but it can be a source of tremendous pain too. It's awful when the latter happens.

I understand the thing with having to side with your wife. You chose your wife, you don't get to pick your brothers (and especially their wives). You gotta support your wife, especially if you really believe that she's not causing the problem. Who knows what's wrong with your sister in law, but hopefully your brother snaps out of it at least enough to start rebuilding the relationship.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

stitch,

sorry to hear that. just stay out of the way, man. let the sil talk shit about your wife and maybe yourself. people aren't that stupid.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

used to be a regular there, the barbershop that is, but I had to stop after seeing family members and friends of my dad's coming there, too, to NOT get a haircut.

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks JJ, sorry you had the same experience. it sucks monkey balls. i too hope he chooses to make amends.

thank you G. and thanks for the understanding. i am 100% sure my wife is not the cause here. i know all the goings on, and while she may have said some things that i wouldnt have simply because she is less diplomatic than me, there is nothing she did to warrant what followed. that issue is the sil. i am almost sure that sil is jealous of my closeness with her husband, and have a strong feeling, manipulator that she is, that she was hoping to cause this friction. i hope my brother see her for what she is.

thanks acid. that is the plan my wife and i decided on a week or so ago. there is no way to know who she is talking to or what she is saying, and its not worth worrying about at this point. any quality person who knows us will know she is a slut cunt. and anyone who is going to buy into her mud slinging isnt worth shit anyways.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

6. APK

APK Senior member

One of my best friends is getting married this spring. The bachelor party is going to be fused with the bachelorette party and everyone is strongly encouraged to bring their significant others along. Oh, and it's going to cost $45 per person. Is this actually something people do now? I'm not even the typical bachelor party type of guy, but doesn't having girlfriends and the bride-to-be there sort of defeat the purpose?

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

It's a good thing I never knew of such a place before getting married. Otherwise, people would be constantly commenting on how immaculate my hair was.

8. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Lot of people are moving away from debauchery but even then, having the SOs there seems weird. It's just another pre-wedding party.

9. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

as a rule, I refuse to attend "bachelor parties" that includes bringing of s/o's. everything about it boggles the mind, and nothing spectacular comes out of it.

I also had to stop when I decided to shave my head, and I never got to use the 'other' facilities. just to let lawrence know (if this is the same place we're talking about) the establishment's closed and is being demolished.

10. APK

APK Senior member

Right. And most of the people on the guess list have a SO, so I just envision one of those semi-awkward couples gatherings where you're one of the strays, except in this instance, I'm paying $45 to partake.

If he weren't one of my best friends, I'd without a doubt cut out. I'm actually curious who proposed the idea since they're both pretty great people and don't seem the type to be fearful of the other doing something deceitful during their individual party. The best man, who is another one of my closest friends, apparently isn't crazy about this idea, either. This was sort of planned without his consent, which again, goes against the conventions of the best man / maid of honor duties.

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Stitch, very sorry to hear that. Have an uncle in a similar boat. Genuinely good person but booze really took a toll on him and after several DUIs/drug arrests he wound up in jail. Finally has a steady job and kids he loves (now in his 40s) but his crazy white trash wife is a horrible influence. We are all really, really proud of his transformation...the guy has been clean for a few years now and is just such a nice guy now that the booze and drugs are gone. But the woman is slowly poisoning his life and everyone knows it.

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

thanks conne, best of luck to your uncle.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

This may be the worst idea in the history of mankind.

14. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

At my friends bachelor party the playboy playmate of the year from the previous year gave my 60 year old uncle a nude lap dance. She was supposed to strip and then give the lap dance to the groom but he was too shy and not drunk enough yet, quick as a flash my uncle walked up to her and said "I"m the groom" and sat down. We all just started cheering so she went with it.

15. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

That^

Someones a little insecure .

(the grom/bride)