• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go to a crusty old italian guy in Queens. He's very good and cheap ($10), I kinda think that this shop is a front for racketeering, but as long as I get the haircut I want I won't complain.

The best haircut I used to get was from this chinese woman in a supercuts in San Francisco. It was in the financial district. I guess she was good because dudes in suits would line up at that supercuts just for her everyday.

good haircuts and barbers are a crapshoot like finding good mechanics and plumbers...

my favorite barber place was this high class joint in the philippines where my dad and older brother used to take me when on vacation there. (the kind where they do the straight razor shave with a massage, and it takes like an hour to finish the whole haircut or shave).... only later when I was in my later teens - I was brought "down stairs".

downstairs there was a large one way mirror where you press a button and women in numbered robes come out for you to "choose".

I'm not going to lie... there's a couple joints just that like in SOHO/Chinatown. :uhoh:

I'm pissed off that its sunny out right now but I stepped in a huge urban decay NYC puddle and got my right foot soaked at 6am in the morning.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I go to a crusty old italian guy in Queens. He's very good and cheap ($10), I kinda think that this shop is a front for racketeering, but as long as I get the haircut I want I won't complain.
The best haircut I used to get was from this chinese woman in a supercuts in San Francisco. It was in the financial district. I guess she was good because dudes in suits would line up at that supercuts just for her everyday.
good haircuts and barbers are a crapshoot like finding good mechanics and plumbers...
my favorite barber place was this high class joint in the philippines where my dad and older brother used to take me when on vacation there. (the kind where they do the straight razor shave with a massage, and it takes like an hour to finish the whole haircut or shave).... only later when I was in my later teens - I was brought "down stairs".
downstairs there was a large one way mirror where you press a button and women in numbered robes come out for you to "choose".
I'm not going to lie... there's a couple joints just that like in SOHO/Chinatown. :uhoh:
I'm pissed off that its sunny out right now but I stepped in a huge urban decay NYC puddle and got my right foot soaked at 6am in the morning.

I go to a guy I have been using for a years. He has bopped around to different places, but I always follow him. Right now it is actually pretty inconvenient; he is in Fort Greene. He spends a long time on my hair and only uses scissors, no buzzer. Trained at Vidal Sassoon. I get free trims in the back and sides in between proper hair cuts. I would say his rate is typical for New York stylists with his skills.

"My hair is my head suit." - Jack Donaghy

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW, Kirby's will do straight razor shaves, and I saw Kirby shave someone's head with the straight. They all shave necks with the lather/razor and have this massage-type thing they pummel your back and shoulders with. I enjoy going there, it feels leisurely but they don't waste much time.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'll never get a straight razor shave. That's just way too much ******* trust to put in another individual.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, guys.
Sincerest thanks again to all who've passed along their condolences. For a crew comprised of e-friends of varying familiarity, most of whom I've never met, y'all are some pretty solid dudes. :D

:cheers: right back atcha.

FWIW, Kirby's will do straight razor shaves, and I saw Kirby shave someone's head with the straight. They all shave necks with the lather/razor and have this massage-type thing they pummel your back and shoulders with. I enjoy going there, it feels leisurely but they don't waste much time.

i have had the back of my neck done with the lather and razor. loved it. current place wont do it tho. something about AIDS.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

:cheers: right back atcha.
i have had the back of my neck done with the lather and razor. loved it. current place wont do it tho. something about AIDS.

Health codes probably vary between states. Texas allows them to use razors with disposable blades, or I had one barber offer to use my razor, if I wanted to bring it in (haha I have a herd of those as well). He offered to hone and strop it as well, which is a hard offer to pass up. One of these days I will take him up on it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How difficult is it to flush a toilet after using it? I feel like I'm surrounded by cave-people.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

How difficult is it to flush a toilet after using it? I feel like I'm surrounded by cave-people.

Ask my son. He still struggles with flushing his deuces.

Actually, now that I think of it, this week has been really, truly, profoundly ****** where my son is concerned.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Patients are there at YOUR hospital. smdh. They need to learn to respect you.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ask my son. He still struggles with flushing his deuces.
Actually, now that I think of it, this week has been really, truly, profoundly ****** where my son is concerned.

I flush like 400 times while sitting on the pot. I wipe like 8000 times so not to clog, I frequently flush.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I flush like 400 times while sitting on the pot. I wipe like 8000 times so not to clog, I frequently flush.

+1. but i flush 400 times so i can breathe and i wipe 8000 times to be sure im clean.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Sorry to hear this. Hope all is OK.

Pissing me off: The "Downfall" (aka Hitler movie with parody subtitles) meme. The first couple were inspired and funny. Now they're just tired. Tired, tired, tired.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads