• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
falafels are awesome

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On a lighter note, I hate commercial banks. I don't understand them. I always get anxiety every time I walk into mine for something simple like a deposit because I am attacked with people trying to get me to open more accounts, open new credit cards, and get this BS handed to me about all of these wonderful services that I can have. I tell them I don't use the account often I use an online bank and they try to woo me more. Leave me the **** alone. There is nothing they can do to make me put more money in my account with them besides giving it to me for free. They are such a scam trying to make fees and it sucks.

Not to get all nitpicky on you, but what you have described is not a commercial bank. A commercial bank is a bank that deals nearly exclusively in making loans and providing banking services to commercial entities (i.e. businesses).

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

actually, i love me a nice falafel or schwarma in pita bread. :)

I attended a camel race one time when one of the camels broke free and ran through the crowd, scattering turbans and trampling falafel.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I attended a camel race one time when one of the camels broke free and ran through the crowd, scattering turbans and trampling falafel.

i only hope none of their toes were injured.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't anybody say a ******* word.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear, MrG.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@MrG - sorry man, thats really rough news. best wishes to his family and to you. i dont really know what else to say. :(

Mr.G I am sorry to hear that. Two years ago I had a very close cousin of mine OD.

Sorry, G-Man. Sad, awful story and I hope you can find some peace. It can't be easy. Good luck.

Jeez, I am so sorry to hear this. Good luck and peace to you and your friend's family.

Sorry to hear this. Condolences.

My condolences M.

Really sorry to hear, MrG.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

It's weird, I don't really grieve like normal people. Even when my grandmother, with whom I was close, died last summer, I don't recall ever breaking down. I just view death as a part of life, reminisce a little, and move on, but this was like a kick to the gut. I think the fact that we were so close at a formative time in my life, and because so much of my growing up was tied to being friends with this guy, it's a really different experience. The thing that's really killing me is that I went back to Tampa Bay (where he and most of my friends live) twice in the last year, but seeing him never worked out. This has probably been the longest I've gone without seeing the guy since I was 15. During my first trip down, he was supposed to be at a birthday party I attended, but he didn't show. The second trip, time just got away from me and I couldn't work out seeing him. I promised myself I'd get in touch on my next trip back down. So much for that.

As much as I hate it, it's far, far worse for another friend, we'll call him K. K was a mutual friend, and a close friend of both mine and the dead friend. K is the one who found the body after going to check on the friend. The guy had been dead for three days, but K was in such shock that he tried CPR anyway while waiting for the cops. Now K's wife says he has completely shut down. After dealing with our dead friend, K went to McDonald's for dinner, and went back to work late. Then he went home and took a two hour shower, got out, told his wife the whole story, went to bed, and got up for work this morning as if nothing had happened. I'm really worried about him.

It's all so horrible.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Agree it's like losing part of your youth. Had it happen to me a few years ago. It takes a long time to get over. I'll still catch myself thinking something like, "Damn that's funny. I'll have to tell D. next time I talk to him." And then remember he's dead.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

.....went to bed, and got up for work this morning as if nothing had happened. I'm really worried about him....

thats pretty scary. he really should talk to someone so he doesnt have a break down.

sounds like you are handling this is a healthy way. there are lots of ways to grieve, but unlike your buddy K, the issue needs to accepted/processed. ignoring it is not a healthy route imo. i hope your buddy gets the support he needs and gets through this ok.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, that is bad. Sounds a bit like he's fallen into his conditioned responses/habits, but, still. wow.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
G, that is pretty terrible. My condolences to you.

Hearing you say that his death has affected you more than others in your life got me to thinking. Last year when a kid I went to undergrad with died, I was hit surprisingly hard. I'm wondering if it effects us more because it is easier for us to relate to them. Old people die, very sick people die, young people don't die. We aren't old or sick, but we are young. So it is easier for us to relate, or sympathize with their death.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads