Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

falafels are awesome

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Not to get all nitpicky on you, but what you have described is not a commercial bank. A commercial bank is a bank that deals nearly exclusively in making loans and providing banking services to commercial entities (i.e. businesses).

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I attended a camel race one time when one of the camels broke free and ran through the crowd, scattering turbans and trampling falafel.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i only hope none of their toes were injured.

5. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

your socks are my favorite

6. in stitches

:puzzled:

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Brainfart... nothing creative is coming to mind :fu:

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Don't anybody say a fucking word.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Really sorry to hear, MrG.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks for the kind words, all.

It's weird, I don't really grieve like normal people. Even when my grandmother, with whom I was close, died last summer, I don't recall ever breaking down. I just view death as a part of life, reminisce a little, and move on, but this was like a kick to the gut. I think the fact that we were so close at a formative time in my life, and because so much of my growing up was tied to being friends with this guy, it's a really different experience. The thing that's really killing me is that I went back to Tampa Bay (where he and most of my friends live) twice in the last year, but seeing him never worked out. This has probably been the longest I've gone without seeing the guy since I was 15. During my first trip down, he was supposed to be at a birthday party I attended, but he didn't show. The second trip, time just got away from me and I couldn't work out seeing him. I promised myself I'd get in touch on my next trip back down. So much for that.

As much as I hate it, it's far, far worse for another friend, we'll call him K. K was a mutual friend, and a close friend of both mine and the dead friend. K is the one who found the body after going to check on the friend. The guy had been dead for three days, but K was in such shock that he tried CPR anyway while waiting for the cops. Now K's wife says he has completely shut down. After dealing with our dead friend, K went to McDonald's for dinner, and went back to work late. Then he went home and took a two hour shower, got out, told his wife the whole story, went to bed, and got up for work this morning as if nothing had happened. I'm really worried about him.

It's all so horrible.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Agree it's like losing part of your youth. Had it happen to me a few years ago. It takes a long time to get over. I'll still catch myself thinking something like, "Damn that's funny. I'll have to tell D. next time I talk to him." And then remember he's dead.

12. in stitches

thats pretty scary. he really should talk to someone so he doesnt have a break down.

sounds like you are handling this is a healthy way. there are lots of ways to grieve, but unlike your buddy K, the issue needs to accepted/processed. ignoring it is not a healthy route imo. i hope your buddy gets the support he needs and gets through this ok.

13. VonLehndorff

VonLehndorff Senior member

LOL Really, they should mind there own damn business.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Man, that is bad. Sounds a bit like he's fallen into his conditioned responses/habits, but, still. wow.

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

G, that is pretty terrible. My condolences to you.

Hearing you say that his death has affected you more than others in your life got me to thinking. Last year when a kid I went to undergrad with died, I was hit surprisingly hard. I'm wondering if it effects us more because it is easier for us to relate to them. Old people die, very sick people die, young people don't die. We aren't old or sick, but we are young. So it is easier for us to relate, or sympathize with their death.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012