1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Finally herd back from the instructor...

Quote:

It's been about a month from the time this course started. None of the other instructors had any problems with the system. She never answer my e-mail or phone calls, and this is the generic response we get? In the discussions students are taking this class as a joke... Good reflection on the "Professor", she demands to be called...

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Had mine for at least four years now and love it. At the end of each day, I freshen the trousers I wore, press them the next day, and then let rest for several weeks. I only have to dry clean each of my trousers a few times a year. Works wonders on silk and linen casual shirts, and of course, suit jackets and sport coats.

3. skintight

skintight Senior member

Well then shut up if you aren't going to pay for my Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection.

4. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

my nephews baseball team was invited to play in hawaii and guess where they are headed lol. looks like you will be taking away funds from your sf account :crazy:
    sorry to hear this Kurt, I am going to give you my honest advice (not that you asked or need it). From what I have heard/witnessed about community college classes, do not expect ALL the instructors to be as caring/professional as professors at traditional universities. Expect to teach yourself the material, students showing very little interest in learning, and getting frustrated. I audited a friends human sexuality course at a local community college and the teacher was doing the class a disservice, in my opinion. She told the class, "I do not expect you guys to write a college leve essay" and would spend her time reading power point presentations that consisted of vocabulary definitions and diagrams from the book. The exams were mainly vocab, her method of teaching was mediocre, she spoke like some of the students, and she would make childish sex jokes throughout the class. My friend received an A in the class, I practically structured her essay, and she did not learn anything. I would see this experience as a "independent study". I am sure there are some teachers that actually care and structure their classes in a professional manner, but that is clearly not what you are experiencing. Don't let this depress you, get your A's and transfer to the institution you are planning on attending. Don't just study for the classes you are taking, it does not seem like you're a being challenged, stay active with your reading and if you can learn about a subject that interest you on your own (OpenCourseWare classes) do so.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  5. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Most of the other instructors have been mediocre. This one gives me the impression, she is here to collect an extra pay check through online studies... I am slightly worried about my grades. Her instructions can be badly worded with spelling errors. While I feel my work is good, I am still worried. Thankfully the two quizzes I took, I received an automated score of 90 and 80 (The 80 should be a 90, I have the correct answer according to the book)... My English class I have a 93 so far with finals approaching.

My goal at Valencia is to graduate with an overall GPA of 3.5 and transfer to Rollins.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Caught an early flight to be on a 3- member panel earlier this afternoon. To my horror I was the only panelists able to get there, the other 2 had flight delays. So what was supposed to be a panel discussion turned out to be a JayJay presentation. I wasn't prepared for that. :fu:

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

You use it every day? It doesn't warp your jackets or anything? It looks like it dries the stuff too, I would be worried about shrinkage.

8. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

its too damn hot :fu:

1 person likes this.
  9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I am really in the mood to drink some beer tonight but I also notice that my pants have been getting tight lately. Struggling.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Drink wine in its stead.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Cut down on calories in general.

Works like a charm.

Exercising helps a lot too.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Early breakfast: Oatmeal beer, hold the brown sugar.

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Well obvs. However, part of cutting down on calories in general will mean not drinking the very high calorie beer that I am craving. Not to mention that beer just makes me hungry.

Fuck it, I'm probably going to get one anyway. I can resist everything but temptation.

14. in stitches

binge and purge my friend. binge. and. PURGE!

15. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Moderation in all things, my friend, including moderation.

16. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

:rotflmao:

17. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

nice quote. Oscar WIlde?

18. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I believe so. It sounds like him anyway.

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Munch, you're a 1%'er lawyer, aren't you? Just get bigger pants. Problem solved.

20. in stitches

:uhoh: