Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would start saying that all of the time at work whenever somebody asks you to do something. It could either go really well, or really badly.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. pB, props to you for going to get her, and taking care of her.

3. VonLehndorff

VonLehndorff Senior member

50/50 chance, not bad. Considering the state of frustration, could be a win/win!

4. VonLehndorff

Yes, Kudos! "Many are born a man, few become gentlemen" I am sure her friends are jealous, she is proud. [​IMG]

5. patrickBOOTH

Funny you should mention this. When she went to work on Saturday one of her friends was asking her if I was angry at her and she couldn't believe it when my girlfriend told her I took a day off of work and bought her flowers.

She just texted me that she took her clothes to the dry cleaner and told them that she fell on a pizza. :laugh:

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I like you. You're a great guy.

7. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

lawlz, were their noses not functioning?

+1 to pB luv

8. gort

gort Senior member

PB you really don't own a single other sweatshirt or jacket? Surely you had other less important (and warmer) options than what you picked, even if it meant layering.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

kids who go up and talk to the professor every class, with stupid and mundane bullshit questions and feign some sort of educational epiphany after their simple question has been answered. I mean, its so obvious they are trying to get face time with the prof and furthermore that their face time is based on playing into the professors own ego. so fucking stupid.

10. MrG

MrG Senior member

:laugh:

I love it when Conne does this to people, though it shocks me that there's always a new crop of rubes around to fall for it.

11. in stitches

:embar:

i was confuse cuz he told me a while back where he went to school and that wasnt what he said. i though my database was failing me.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

Precisely. I know I'm not a super genius or anything, but the intelligence I do have has to be worth more than this.

There's a guy in my office like this. Sharp fellow, and I'd call him a friend even, but he's content just doing his thing 8-5 and going home. No real desire to excel or move up, but he's really good at what he does now. Sometimes I wish this were me, but it's just not.

This is my first go-round with this mantra. Failure is not an option.

It's tempting, but I don't. I didn't come from much, so I can still get a little bit of smug sense of accomplishment by measuring how far I've come, rather than being content in starting the game with a huge lead.

Yeah, me too. This was one of those mornings. Fortunately, I get up and shower (where I sulk a little), but, as soon as I'm done, I've got my little man and MrsG to greet me. I don't get to see much of MrsG in the morning, because she's usually leaving as I get out, but I do get to spend a bit of time with the son, even if it's just having made-up gibberish conversations, sliding toys over to him with my foot, and teaching him new signs from his DVD. Not to get all :inlove:, but it's a nice way to be reminded that, despite my discontent from 8-5, there are more important things.

13. VonLehndorff

Stumbling, blindly and in fear for his beloved, and should have taken a moment for sartorial considerations? Permanently ruining any item of clothing would have only polished his badge of honor.

14. patrickBOOTH

Not really. I have a couple of long sleeve t's that I wear around the house, but I was in a hurry and didn't except to be projectiled on. Was like that scene in Daybreakers.

15. in stitches

i would continue to go point by point, but to suffice it to say we are pretty similar in a lot of ways here i think. weird? inorite.

i will just focus on the new point you have addressed, below.

100million pacent. i barely see my kids in the morning. a quick goodbye to the older ones as they head out to school, but i do get a bit of time to see mrs. stitch and to hold the baby and just kiss her and tell her i love her as she makes eyes at me and just melts my heart in general.

then at night when i get home the kids are usually fast asleep, but i go kiss them good night in their beds and just sit with them for a few minutes. once in a while the oldest is still awake and we will talk for a bit about her day, or she asks if she can jump down the steps and ill catch her. of course the answer is yes. and on the rare occasion my son is awake i can talk to him a bit too as he nods off. then i have the rest of the night to spend time with the mrs.

all this reminds me that no matter what shit i have going on at work, what i come to is infinitely more important and fulfilling. if i didnt have that i think id be really bad off emotionally.