1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

Sigh.. I'm scared of growing older. How old are you?

One of my VPs is in his 50s and he has a gigantic belly. Drinks a lot of beer with his meals.

Anyway, he told me he was as skinny as I am when he was my age. Then he got old and his metabolism went down the shitter.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  2. KurtS90

KurtS90 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. deadly7

deadly7 Well-Known Member

Did this work? Metro mode is their on-by-default (IIRC) shitty view that treats your computer like a smartphone, whereas disabling it gets you back to the familiar desktop + start menu.

4. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

More like stopped exercising and eating like shit.

5. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Yes, would read again.

6. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

:slayer:

moving on,

I have a neighbor who always tries to converse with me, he even does this when I am talking on the phone. He did this today again, I nodded and continued talking but he kept TRYING to talk to me.

What I am actually pissed about,

Friend B called me Tuesday and told me that friend A needed to borrow money. Friend A said friend B's bank account was fraudulently charged for 1300 USD and he needs cash. I have known friend A and B since high school. I asked friend B if friend A called his bank and let them know, he said that friend A did but that it was going to take a few weeks and paperwork had to be filled out before they released the funds. Friend B said friend A needed 500 USD in the meantime. I told him I would call him back because I was on my way to dinner.

I called chase and wells fargo today to see what the protocol was for releasing the funds. Chase told me that they would typically release the funds within 4 hours and Wells told me it depends on the case but that they typically release a partial amount of the charge being disputed. Wells also told me that by law they are required to releas the funds after 10 days and that depending on the case they might require paperwork to be filled out.

Friend A banks with Wells but I find it strange that friend B claims that it was going to take 2-3 weeks for everything to clear up. I also find it strange that friend A didn't call me. I feel that friend B is lying to me, and that is the only part that bothers me.

I paid for friend B's medical bills (3000 USD after getting a HUGE discount from the hospital for paying cash and the owner of the ambulance company extending a FD discount), when he decided to go to south padre and ended up in the hospital for alcohol poisoning. I paid because his parents are radical muslims and would have disowned him, I didn't want that to happen. He was obviously drunk so I did not bother asking him about how he was planning on paying me back, I just did not want him to get in trouble.

I feel that he is pulling this bs and I am really bothered, I know if I approach friend A or B they will easily give me some bs excuse. Friend A previously sold one of my friends laptops that he was suppose to fix and when confronted about he replied "your rich man, you dont need the money". Friend A and B are VERY close, it is unlikely that friend B did not know about this. After my friend got pissed and a semester later friend A gave my friend his laptop back which he claimed to have bought back for more than what he sold it for.

Friend B has shown that he cares to an extent in the past, but there have also been small things that I tell not to say anything about but he brought them up when we are around other people.

I am not sure if I am over reacting or I have grounds for being bothered, thoughts guys?

Friend B has paid my back a portion of the money I paid the hospital and ambulance company with money he previously borrowed from friend A. For whatever reason friend B choose to not sell his stock so he had to borrow the money. To be clear, I am not pissed about being asked to borrow money I am bothered because it seems like he is lying to me.

7. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Decreased testosterone production causes lack of energy and muscle loss, both of which contribute to the stereotypical weight gain in your 50s. It's not entirely bad habits, some biology behind it too. Gotta modify your behavior and a lot of guys aren't used to it.

8. Gibonius

Sounds like your friends think you're an ATM. You obviously don't trust them, and probably with good reason, so don't hand over any money that you want back.

9. KurtS90

This is my thought, I personally would not consider Friend A a friend. Friend B, IDK.

10. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

This. Those aren't friends. Drop them, OP, they're using you.

11. KurtS90

Well it sounds like Friend B is trying to pay him back, IDC where he got the money from as long as its legit. But Friend A seems like an ass whole.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Well-Known Member

I bought 3 maple ice glazed krispy kreme donuts yesterday but I went out and got drunk later in the night and forgot about them. Now they're old and stale.

:plain:

13. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

I have fucked off supposedly close friends for the sharing of clearly very private information very readily. It is not something I will tolerate especially when they deny it before I've even confronted them about it and they were the only person I told. :facepalm:

I would have stopped speaking to A and B long ago, they are using you for cash at best.

14. erictheobscure

erictheobscure Well-Known Member

I didn't know "fuck off" could be transitive.

15. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

what do you mean, how does it not matter where he gets the money from?

Thanks for the input guys, I'm just really disappointed. I was on the phone with both bank reps and when they told me that I mumbled "yeah...you told me what I really did not want to hear" lol and both of the girls responded with "im really sorry to hear that but that".

well at least I am become aware of this right now, I assume it could be a lot worse if this happend ten-twenty years down the road.

16. KurtS90

Okay, I will use my previous experiences as an example:
    I had a family friend who needed some money, hes like a brother to me. I did not question it, but it was $1,000. I just reminded him it was a lot of money and I will need it back someday. Well a couple months latter I really needed $350. Well we got together with some friends and I pulled him to the side and let him know the situation. He said,"No problem, meet me for lunch on Sunday. I will get the money somehow. But lets not talk about it anymore tonight." Come Sunday he gave me $500, paid for lunch, and told me he will have the rest when he gets his tax return check. I later found out he borrowed the money from someone else. Honestly I did not care, I was impressed he valued our friendship enough and all honestly the debt was not longer mine. Why should I care where he got the money from? As long as its not stolen or drug money, I don't see why I should care.

Note: I reread your post. I notice Friend B likes to blab his mouth. While that's fucked up... If you still find any value in the friendship may want to keep it, but just don't tell him anything you would not post on Facebook.

17. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

I am friends with both A and B, I have known them for the same amount of time. I was the one that let friend B borrow the 3k when he was in the hospital, I called friend A and let him know what was going on and if he would be able to lend me money if I needed more and he said he would. I told friend B that I was not going to rush him to pay me back, and I was not going to hold it against him. Friend B choose to borrow the 2k from friend A to give it to me. I would have gladly let friend A borrow money if he had just told me, but that was not the case.

It matters how friend B gets the money, because he is lying to me to pay friend A 500 USD. He could have just told me that he needed money and I would have given it to him, now I have to doubt our "friendship" and that sucks.

well I have no one to blame but myself, I'm sure it could be worse.

18. Gibonius

The fact that you felt the need to call up the freaking bank to check on their story is not a good sign. Either you think they're too dumb to find out the truth, or you think they're trying to scam you. Either way...these are supposed to be your friends.

19. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

Fuck him off, as in to tell him to fuck off for good? Quite a common phrase in parts of England.

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Was pulling glasses 2:1 for towards me but still managed to drink Mrs. Piob to sleep. Hope she perks up after a nap.