Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'm pissed at how some driver's cars are so fucked up that it empowers them into becoming aggressive/bullies on the road.

"i'm driving a what was once a "decent/normal" car but due to the 1,000,000 nicks and dents because of my inept driving skill I now don't give a shit if I graze you" while I park.

i like to think of it as the "i'm driving a shit-box, i don't care" license.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Thick wool socks ≠ shearling lined boots.

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I'm not going to judge those boots because they're uggs, but you did mention a lot of walking... those boots look like they're not the best to walk around the city in.

I'm also pissed off on how in NYC actually being prepared for the bitter cold can be a hindrance....

example: you get bundled up with a heavy lined coat, heavy boots, gloves, hat, scarf, and all your work stuff (bag with stuff), cell phone, ect ect...

then you walk a quarter of a mile to the subway get onto the platform of the L train and its like 80ºF on the platform... inside the train its like 72ºF then get out at union square station and the whole underground complex is still like 80"F to hop onto the 4 then get out at your stop and you're a sweaty mess heading into frigid temps again...

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

LOL you wouldn't happen to be coming from a warm and sunny place by any chance? Some people REALLY fear cold weather.

5. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Jon., are you still able to speed walk in those things?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Summers in the subway aren't much better. Sweat profusely on the platform then sweat turns into ice on the train, then back to hot mess... I <3 NY

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I much prefer winter in NYC than summer. Winter you can always dress warmer, but in the summer there is no escape.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

A balmy 19 degrees today! Wooo!

9. otc

otc Senior member

Here in chicago we get that nasty biting cold that just cuts to the core through your layers (I'd easily prefer a Minneapolis day at 10-15 degrees colder than a Chicago day)...but sometimes our office is so damn hot that I feel like I can't be wearing thick socks or a heavier sweater. I'm a firm believer in the indoor temp following the trend of the outdoor temp so that appropriate clothing stays comfortable--when you end up with cranked up heat when it is freezing outdoors, you end up either being cold outside or having to strip off extra layers when you get inside. This just leads to wearing ridiculous stuff like expedition-level coats and full on snow boots so that you only have to take off one layer to get down to a cotton shirt and thin dress socks once you arrive at work.

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

summers in the NYC subway are awesome.... women sweat too... so their sheer tops and sun dresses cling right to the tits and thonged asses... its a feast for the eyes. Winter is UGGs and frumpy sweaters - lame.

11. patrickBOOTH

I wore a coat today. Kind of feeling like a shouldn't have though. It is not that cold. I hate bulk.

12. patrickBOOTH

I hate the summer heat so much that I couldn't give two shits about 100 hot naked virgins on the subway.

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I walk just as fast in the boots as I do in shoes.

14. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

:nodding: + a billion.

15. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I lived in SOFLA for over a decade... it's only my second winter in NYC. I wasn't as cold as I thought I would be, but that was due to the lack of strong wind today. At the end of the day, it's not really the cold that bothers me so much as the cold, constant wind hitting my face. Oh, and I like cold weather, but don't like the wind.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012