Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

I'm back in the office after 12 days of vacation spent with family, friends, wine, golf, beer, whiskey, and football.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This morning hasn't started so well. Got up early to run but my foot hurts terribly, so I bailed on that. Now the foot is causing some anguish here, but that's just the beginning.

Wife texted me last night to say she has a flat tire (working from home). Come home to find that it's down to the steel belts and has to be replaced, but the other three are fine. May just replace them all. Also, the rear wheel bearings are getting louder and I can't DIY that. Then I drove the car to work so I could get the tires replaced, and as I proceeded into my space, I ran it into the barrier, which was just low enough to avoid the bumper but high enough to clip the radiator bracket - the same one I had to deal with over the summer. FACK.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

that sucks. the post vacation blues are killer.
    --
    its fucking freezing cold.

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

so its odd this is kinda sucktastic in a way that's new for me I guess.

There was a house literally right next to mine that is for sale. Really great price, perfect size for me, nice plot of land so I can do a lot of gardening and still take care of plants where I live now. The neighborhood is always popular and the house is right next to a lot that was recently cleared, like in the last few weeks, so I'm guessing the owner wants to put something in. Considering this is an old neighborhood and all the houses are put with maybe 10 feet between them, being next to a 1/2 acre like that is super nice. Oh, and Dakota Rube offered his sagacity in purchasing the place!

Well I call the real estate agent and it went to auction and they found a winning bidder.

Now, I was only interested in it because on Sunday my roommate found out how much it cost so I was certainly late to the game, been for sale for quite a while. I probably wasn't going to get a decent loan and I'm not close to a decent down payment so there were plenty of things that could have prevented me from buying it. also its price in such a hot hood means something was probably wrong with it. But man, it just kinda sucks. I was looking at the math basically every scenario had monthly payments either less than my rent or essentially the same, and only a couple were more, but only like 50-75 bucks a month.

I mean, it was certainly a dream but at the very least, a kind of realistic one.... Ugh.

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

bummer dude, i know the feeling.

dont worry, another house will come up that you'll love. if you are serious about buying you should meet with a lender and get pre-approved for a loan so you have all your shit in order. this way you dont get stuck behind the 8 ball again. my 2 cents anyway.

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

damn, I was looking forward to that housewarming party!

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Have you checked the car theft and accident rates?

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Having one of those "I-hate-my-body" type days.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Acidboy's avatar is creeping me out.

13. otc

otc Senior member

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/business/buy-rent-calculator.html

I think for this to have any real meaning, you need to tweak the advanced options to fit your scenario, but mortgage payments that are the same or a few bucks less than your monthly rent probably translate into something hard to afford (unless you have a lot of wiggle room in your rent budget). Can't forget about taxes/maintenance/additional utilities/etc.

14. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

You could always find out who won the auction and make them an offer.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I get that but the price was so low, it wasn't inconveivable that I could it own it outright in four years. Hell even three if I wanted to live far too spartanly.

This is true. But, I don't want to do that without knowing what's wrong with the house. In fact, you have inspired me. I will find out today who won. Also, if I do get it, you may be invited to the housewarming. Maybe