Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Could be a tumour.

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

+1,000,000,000. I would do anything to be able to enjoy a leisurely brunch and the newspapers on a daily basis.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm happy to be back at work. :confused: I love routine and habitual behavior. Puts my mind at ease.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Fuck, it's cold outside...!

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Get your shit together mang!

(you're probably dehydrated. Get some gatorade and get moving)

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

How is this different from life at the political office? ;)

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Track Tuesday and I really ought not be upset, but here we go. For the first time in six months there's another runner at the track - 5:00 a.m. it's 34 degrees outside - and the fucker is faster than I am, but not unattainably fast (this is important). I am used to people being faster than me, but not used to running in close proximity with faster runners, and so I start my intervals much quicker than I should. I ought to be turning 1:48 but instead I blast through the first in 1:34, with predictable consequences.

See, when I'm faced with a greyhound, I know to leave well enough alone and not try and match him/her. But someone who's just a little faster...I always kick it up a notch, just to find out. Do I have that next gear? And I suffer for it. The other part, is that I've neglected my diet and haven't dropped weight like I should have. This guy (his name is Brian and he lives across the freeway) is lean. Racing-shape lean. By comparison, I look like kwilk. For that, I'm upset with myself. And the marathon is two weeks out, which is not enough time to lean out and not fall to pieces in race day. I've just got to carry around this damn blubber that I had 6 months to shed and didn't. fuck. I hate seeing an opportunity squandered. And, this is the last year that a 3:20 would qualify me for Boston. Next year I'll have to run 3:10. I have 3:20 speed, but not 3:10. fuck.

8. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

Good point, it's not. :laugh:

Just realized that MLK Day is the 16th, which means a 3 day weekend is a-comin'!

9. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Wow.

10. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Keep at it hard the new few days, rest the week of. Your adrenaline and willpower during the actual marathon is going to kick in big time. Friend of mine ran his actual marathon about 15 minutes faster than his projected/practice ones because he was too fucking hopped up to go "slow" in the last leg.

11. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a question for the lawyers here. Can you get into big trouble with the law for cursing at somebody and calling them names without actually threatening them?

12. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I certainly hope that's the case but based on my previous marathon and last 6-or-so halves...it doesn't work that way for me. I can't explain it but race-day magic bypasses me. I get the taper wrong, it's too humid, etc. etc. I can't remember ever coming in faster than my projected time, and my HM PR came on a day when I had a bad cold (and I've had three runs at that PR since then, all fails). weird. Now that I type this out, I'm really curious why I fucking bother with racing at all, ever.

14. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Probably not "big trouble" but you could be cited for disorderly conduct which carries a fine, and if you have significant prior criminal history, the possibility of jail time or probation. Whether such a conviction could survive an appeal is unclear. PA appellate courts have held that simple use of profanities is not disorderly conduct.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

That is frigid ass weather dude. Sorry. Anything colder is basically God's way of telling you: GTFO.

Yeah, heard the report on NPR last night. Truly incredible reporting.