Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

my local Nordy Rack is truckin in all this great Canali shit, ridiculous markdowns.... but of course nothing in my size. :brick:

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

lol. about a quarter of a second. wasnt interested in going to jail

:laugh: conversation was somewhere between the 2 of those

tough call, but for me its a toss up between countdown to ecstasy and royal scam. slight edge maybe to royal scam. but i love all their albums, its really splitting hairs to pick just one.

3. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

oh shit we're talkin Steely Dan??!! I do love Aja....

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

So tomorrow I have to go to my sister-in-law's house for a belated Christmas celebration. This will suck on a number of levels.

First, the past couple of years we've had this celebration at our house. As such we've purchased stockings and stocking hangers that we place on the mantle above the fireplace. So tomorrow we have to pack this stuff up, bring it to their house, and set it up somewhere. Oh yeah, my wife and I will be the sole contributors to the contents of the stockings as well.

Second, in a good news/bad news thing, no actual meal will be served. It's good news, as they cannot cook for shit but bad news in that now I won't have their shitty food to distract me from their boring and inane banter.

Third, I was informed that if things do run long, we'll just order in some food. No doubt it will be from some half assed take out joint that specializing in maximizing the calorie-to-dollar ratio. I'm sure Ill have to contribute to the kitty to cover the check of whatever calorie abortion we decide to consume.

I would've been much happier to just have everybody over to my house. I would've shopped, cleaned, and cooked.

Note to self: eat large meal before departing tomorrow.

5. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

If they're offering no food, no decorations, and no gifts, why the bloody hell are you at their place for a holiday party? They must have some posh 9,000 square foot manor with gamekeepers, loaders, valets, footmen and a pheasant hunt or something?

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

That's just a good question right there. I'll have to take solace in the fact that we spent X-mas day with my family having a great time with good food. My younger cousin suggested that we play the game "Catchphrase". It was a blast.

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Aluminium siding.

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

My upstairs neighbour who I think has a romantic relationship with his hammer drill, the idiot drilled for 4 hours straight the other day and has been using his drill at least twice at week since they moved in 2 years ago. :fu:

9. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Uh, uh, it's a common exterior material for homes and it's made from the same material as pop cans.

10. in stitches

i am at work today, which is a piss off enough as it is. now, i knew from last year that we would be open today so i got up in time anyway, but my boss sends a group text at 8:40 saying that all stores must be open. WTF?

if there was a possibility that you thought the stores would be closed and wanted to make sure your managers opened up, dont you think you should have texted at least the night before? i mean, if i had assumed we were closed and partied all night and put my phone on silent like i do every night and then passed out, there was no way i would have heard that text. and then what? it would be my fault for not opening when YOU didnt think to text or call with more than an hours notice???

this is the bullshit i deal with all the time. so, in honor of 2012 i would like to say to my bosses, i hope i find another job before this year is out. that is my resolution. oh, and also...

FUCK YOU IN THE FACE WITH A GIANT SPIKY DILDO, HAVE A LOVELY YEAR ASSHOLES.

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

My sister in law gave me a gift certificate to Urban Outfitters. Now there was a time when I shopped there. That time was probably a decade ago, but it's the thought that counts and I was gracious.

Finally went into the store yesterday. Aside from the ugliness of most of the clothes (which I expected) I was shocked at how low the quality was. I don't know if the quality has gone down or my expectations have gone up, but some of the stuff I tried on was already falling apart there on the racks. I occasionally buy clothes on impulse at Target and they are invariably higher quality than what UO is selling. Thankfully they had Levis Corduroys or I wouldn't have been able to find anything I wanted.

My daughter did find some of those Frank Kozik designed toys and figurines that she likes, so there's that.

12. gort

gort Senior member

Can you buy something small and get the rest of it back in cash?

13. in stitches

best part of the post. great way to take use the gift card, to take care of your kid. based on what you posted before i am not surprised at all.

unlikely. most stores force into store credit i think. bed bath and beyond gives cash back tho on gift returns, at least with bridal registry stuff.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

my "designer mansion" in the nice part of Tokyo got pwnt by an earthquake, and I've got a year and 9 months left on the lease :fu:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

^^^Sorry to hear this.