• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How expensive everything in NYC is. How do people save money?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ain't nothing pissing me off tonight. Life is grand.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

per usuall, yes i was. :hide:
however the cop was standing outside of his car giving someone else a ticket as i came around the bend. he didn't have a radar gun on him. he just motioned me over. im not gonna lie, i wanted to just blow past him, there was no way he could have gotten in his car which was parked around the corner and caught up to me. but that would just be dumb.
being that there is no way he can confirm my actual speed he couldnt really give me a ticket that would stand up if i challenged it in court. i knew that and so did he. but because he is a dickbag he made me wait forever to issue his warning, even though i told him i was speeding because i was running late for work.
INORITE

jeezus..that's ******* ridiculous... how long did you toy w/ the idea of just blowing him the **** off (driving fast away in the car that is :smarmy:) before you decided to pull over? I hate that kinda bullshit cop attitude... uhhh.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really pissing me off per se but I received two orders today. One from Bergdorf in which neither item contains any tag at all (really weird) and one from Park and Bond, in which the shirt does not match the online photo in any way and was supposedly final sale. We'll see how they handle it tomorrow morning...

Last edited:

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

jeezus..that's ******* ridiculous... how long did you toy w/ the idea of just blowing him the **** off (driving fast away in the car that is :smarmy:) before you decided to pull over? I hate that kinda bullshit cop attitude... uhhh.

"Do you know how fast you were going?

...Fast?

Real fast...

***** YEAH*"

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

How expensive everything in NYC is. How do people save money?

Things in New York are only expensive to the extent that you purchase them in places where tourists would typically shop, because you'll be paying for the convenience. You can also get things on the cheap if you are relatively resourceful or patient. Rent is obviously expensive, but there's no reason you should be paying more for all the other things one might buy in comparison to the cost of those items in Utah,Texas, Georgia, etc. It does take more planning though.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Low-flow toilets. Got em in the new house and fuckall they suck. I flush like 4 times over the course of a poo and still it clogs.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Low-flow toilets. Got em in the new house and fuckall they suck. I flush like 4 times over the course of a poo and still it clogs.

They are one of the worst inventions in history, IMO. We have them at work; you can imagine how disgusting it can get.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

They are one of the worst inventions in history, IMO. We have them at work; you can imagine how disgusting it can get.

Conversely, there is nothing more satisfying than those toilets in commercial bathrooms that suck down **** as if they're powered by jet engines and nitrous oxide boosters.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol at douglas' big poops and wimpy toilets.

I LOVE those jet engine toilets

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There can be crappy high-flow toilets too. Some are poorly designed and cause turbulence/spray, which I ******* hate more than low flow.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Did this during the recent Steely Dan tour. But when you find a gem, it's a real gem.

steely dan. :inlove:

:cheers:

Favorite album?

Used to be Countdown to Ecstasy, and now it's Aja

Pretzel Logic. There can be no debate about this.

"Do you know how fast you were going?

...Fast?

Real fast...

***** YEAH*"

Correct answer "define fast?"

Ain't nothing pissing me off tonight. Life is grand.

X2. I'm stupid good right now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads