• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm definitely going to give them grief tomorrow about the troubles I went through to get my phone finally working. Hopefully they'll give me this month for free.

verizon? dont bet on it. bunch of money grubbing cockfaces. good call signal quality tho.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol i just found out a 'hack' to get unlimited data for free. gonna see if this really works. :devil:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh good, insomnia.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn airport security line is literally out to the parking garage...
the reason I liked flying out of this small (not even a McDonalds) secondary terminal its that there is never a real wait, especially at 6 am.

Don't know how MDW can be so much more busy but have smoothed out the security process so much.

I'm definitely going to give them grief tomorrow about the troubles I went through to get my phone finally working. Hopefully they'll give me this month for free.

Remember what I said about buying a phone from a Verizon store being a dumbass move?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been mostly happy with AT&T for the past several years. They haven't blatantly tried to rip me off yet and I have not had an issue I had to call customer service about. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This worked well.

:slayer:
----
if traffic is moving at a steady clip, and you still dont plan on driving any faster than the posted speed limit, GET THE **** OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the experience across phone carriers is about equally mediocre...you just hate whichever one fucked you last. There is some marginal difference in service area so one may be better in certain areas (so you take the one with service in your home) but most other stuff is pretty equal.

The retail stores however are all equally awful. They exist mostly to service stupid customers and have very little incentive too actually help you. You will get better service and accurate results by just using their website since you don't have to deal with the morons who work there (our pay for the overhead of the moron's wages).

Otherwise the best deals are through outside retailers..Amazon, target, even best buy. they need to somehow compete with just buying from the carrier website and they usually do it by providing better service, waiving extra fees, or using extra rebates that they submit for you (no stupid waiting for your 6th bill rebate game). Sometimes this turns into a higher cancellation fee...but how often does someone really need to break the contract?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the whole contract thing is such a scam. It puts a lot of strain on competition, which in turn helps the companies be mediocre. I just think for what I get through any cell phone service and what I pay doesn't make sense at all, especially with such a wide customer base. They should be spending more on Capital and less money in pockets. I would love to see where the money is really going to. I wish I had the power to haggle. For example I have an AT&T iphone in NYC and it sucks balls. I want to go to Verizon next, but I have to wait for my contract to end. I should be able to say to AT&T I will put up with your ****** service if you beat the cost of Verizon. Can't do it, its all or nothing. Plus, they decide that they are going to give customers the choice of structured data plans. 250MB, 2Gig, or Unlimited. This is bullshit, they know damn well 250MB is too low to do anything and 2Gig is too much for most people. Thanks for nothing.

Don't get me started on ISP's again... METER ******* INTERNET USAGE. $50 a month for internet, with no cable TV? Really????

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the experience across phone carriers is about equally mediocre...you just hate whichever one fucked you last. There is some marginal difference in service area so one may be better in certain areas (so you take the one with service in your home) but most other stuff is pretty equal.
The retail stores however are all equally awful. They exist mostly to service stupid customers and have very little incentive too actually help you. You will get better service and accurate results by just using their website since you don't have to deal with the morons who work there (our pay for the overhead of the moron's wages).
Otherwise the best deals are through outside retailers..Amazon, target, even best buy. they need to somehow compete with just buying from the carrier website and they usually do it by providing better service, waiving extra fees, or using extra rebates that they submit for you (no stupid waiting for your 6th bill rebate game). Sometimes this turns into a higher cancellation fee...but how often does someone really need to break the contract?

this is a very good summation of the situation.

i have found the people at best buy near me to be the most knowledgeable and friendly so far. although there is actually a verizon store not to far from me that has a few decent employees that have helped me out once or twice. all the others i have been to were absolute disasters.

lately though, i have been doing all my upgrades or changes online or over the phone direct with verizon.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am in a foul mood. not exactly sure why, but just really pissed off right now. it sucks.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
verizon ******* sucks. their 4g network is down today. second time in a WEEK. not to mention, it won't let me change my plan online, forcing me to call them and be placed on hold for 15 minutes. back at ATT, I could easily change my plan online with a few simple clicks.

starting to miss att :(

edit: at least i got my unlimited data 'hack' to work. screw you verizon! :devil:

double edit: wow... no wonder my bill is so ******* high. THEY'RE CHARING ME FOR TWO PHONE LINES: my number and the wrong number they put in while porting my ATT number! what a bunch of **** ups seriously jesus christ

Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am hurt and can't run. Running is a big outlet for me. Compulsive behaviors (eg spending/gambling) have skyrocketed. Appetite is gone until 5 pm. I am grumpy despite having a lot of other **** going my way.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

verizon ******* sucks. their 4g network is down today. second time in a WEEK. not to mention, it won't let me change my plan online, forcing me to call them and be placed on hold for 15 minutes. back at ATT, I could easily change my plan online with a few simple clicks.
edit: at least i got my unlimited data 'hack' to work. screw you verizon! :devil:
double edit: wow... no wonder my bill is so ******* high. THEY'RE CHARING ME FOR TWO PHONE LINES: my number and the wrong number they put in while porting my ATT number! what a bunch of **** ups seriously jesus christ

Your travails with Verizon are bringing me some measure of happiness. Not because I wish you ill, but because my ex-girlfriend used to hound me constantly about changing from Sprint to Verizon. She insisted that Verizon was a beacon of goodness and virtue in the otherwise sordid world of phone companies. I now feel vindicated.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Link to unlimited data hack por favor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads