• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Prediction: this won't end well.

For effa aake, stitches, I always send personal info via PM. Get with the program.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Prediction: this won't end well.
For effa aake, stitches, I always send personal info via PM. Get with the program.

for serious, what was overly personal in that post, that can also be verified as truth?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you all very much for the well wishes. We were there til dawn but she is going to be alright.

If you don't mind me asking what happened?

areyounoob

Reaction score
I have no problem spending Christmas with relatives. I also have no problem with doing things like secret santa, gift exchanges, etc.

So this year we had Secret Santa. I got my relative who was the same one to set up the gift exchange. About a week before the gift exchange I ended up getting her some cookie cutters and some chocolate cause she likes to bake and ****. It was also this day that she told everyone to post their wishlist online so the person that has them knows what to get them.
Skip to a three days before Christmas Day.. She reminds everyone to post a list but doesn't even post a list up herself.
And then comes Christmas Day, when we hand out our Christmas presents. We gather 'round into a circle and begin at one person. They give their gift to their receiver, then that person sends his/her gift on its way, and continue.. and then comes my turn to give my present. I pass the present to its recipient and she opens the box to find cookie cutters, baking supplies and chocolate.

Not even a yay. Just a ******* "Oh. Thanks."

What the ****. How the ****.
You know what, I'm totally sorry that I went to the mall a week early to buy you **** that you didn't even want. I apologize for the fact that I didn't just drop my gift altogether and instead I had to think of your ***** ass and how I actually think of my presents instead of look it up from a ******* list. God ******* dammit. If you wanted something then you could've put up a list and even though it goes against everything that I feel gift-exchanges are all about, I'd get it cause it's what you want. But you didn't and you don't even show appreciation for it.

And that's not even scratching the top of my Christmas.
Really, the only thing I enjoyed was watching my parents have fun and loosen up. And helping my little cousin out with his new helicopter.

There goes my diary.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
xmas is over and i'm back in my apartment, hundreds of kilometers away from family.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some people just aren't good about accepting gifts in a suitably dramatic fashion.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

xmas is over and i'm back in my apartment, hundreds of kilometers away from family.

hey, at least you survived the train trip, so you have that going for you.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I'm trying to find internet audio and talk radio content that doesn't make me either more stupid or more irritated, which is proving to be difficult. I just want to listen to people that aren't marsupialed talk about topics engagingly that don't include television recaps, man caves, titty-*******, or the Arab Spring.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm trying to find internet audio and talk radio content that doesn't make me either more stupid or more irritated, which is proving to be difficult. I just want to listen to people that aren't marsupialed talk about topics engagingly that don't include television recaps, man caves, titty-*******, or the Arab Spring.

i don't know much about this domain, but I've listened to a few segments from npr, which I'm sure you've listened to. i thought they were pretty good.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
My waning tolerance for NPR has caused this. Their content has become much less interesting over the last six months. At one point they could be relied on for eclectic human interest stories and other potpourri, but now everything is half-baked commentary on the same headlines that get rehashed every day.

Last edited:

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My waning tolerance for NPR has caused this. Their content has become must less interesting over the last six months. At one point they could be relied on for eclectic human interest stories and other potpourri, but now everything is half-baked commentary on the same headlines that get rehashed every day.

NPR, compared to BBC or CBC radio is just horrific. It's so dry.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There goes my diary.

Meh. I never show much emotion, excitement or otherwise. Unless this person is typically very animated there's no reason to interprete her reaction as not being appreciative. I mean, you got her cookie cutters, what the **** were you expecting, tears of joy?

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dad had a stroke on Xmas eve. Worst Christmas ever. It was a mild stroke but he still needs rehab. Had to set up a PT and OT for rehab. I'm happy it was only minor motor function loss. All memory, mental and sensory still intact and has very very strong drive to rehab- He was working with the PT for over an hour and a half for the past 3 days. He's projected to be able to walk alone in 2 weeks.

I'm still broken up about it though. A month ago we were driving around doing these fun road trips.

Really really puts things into perspective.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads