• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

13D? I bid $131.00.
Lolz. See what I did there?

Getting lowballed is really annoying, but I've been surprised at how low some of my accepted bids on ebay have been, so I don't feel too bad offering a % of their asking price that would normally warrant the term, because about 80% of my bids have been accepted. Some people use ridiculous markups for the purpose of making people feel obligated to offer more than they otherwise would, so they should expect it. It's much worse on SF when you get lowball offers for things you're not even taking offers for, even when the price is fair, which is a whole new level of annoying.

Yeah it's marked up a bit since I have them at buy it now, and low ball offers are to be expected. But having three in a row waking up Christmas morning is a bit of a let down. It never hurts to offer a lower price to start, but after someone counters with something relatively reasonable and you add $10-$20 to your lowball offer price, it's a joke. (Especially when you are asking for 90% off the original retail price and 75%+ off my listed price on items that don't go on sale much). Where in the world do you ge brand new Alden Indys for $80 shipped with no tax? If you can't afford it you can't afford it. Do these people think since it's Christmas I'll just give them $200 for free?

And 10D.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody work for Verizon? I need to backtrace a number to figure out who is texting me.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a CT 2.5 hours ago and it still hasn't been done. It's the only thing keeping me in the hospital. That's pretty much pissing me off right now.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like everyone to leave my house.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Everyone has left so I'm gettin drunker.

I was the only one who donned a jacket for dinner.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another horrible Jewish christmas has passed. I need to drink myself into a coma now.

Did you see a movie? Did you get your Chinese food? If so that should be a pretty successful Jewish christmas?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Another horrible Jewish christmas has passed. I need to drink myself into a coma now.

dont be so sad my j00eeesh brother.

Did you see a movie? Did you get your Chinese food? If so that should be a pretty successful Jewish christmas?

i saw a movie :) no chinese food tho, but it was kosher take out.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seriously, why in the **** do people bring babies into the movie theater?? WTF!? if you cant find a sitter stay the **** home. dont ruin the movie for everyone else cuz no one wants to watch your miserable child. asshole.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I got paired with my Mom for trivia at the big family gathering tonight, and I think the only questions she answered right were about cartoon characters and 50's television shows. :plain:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

seriously, why in the **** do people bring babies into the movie theater?? WTF!? if you cant find a sitter stay the **** home. dont ruin the movie for everyone else cuz no one wants to watch your miserable child. asshole.

Yeah that is some bs. I also hate it when people shake their legs throughout the whole movie and they are right behind you. Was watching mission impossible so it was nonstop action but if I was watching a more thinking movie, I probably would have told the lady to sit still or gtfo.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The movie sucked. The people in the movie were terrible. The Chinese dinner was a disaster. And I spent 8 hours with the person I used to take care of. All in all, that's a pretty good recipe for a miserable evening.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah that is some bs. I also hate it when people shake their legs throughout the whole movie and they are right behind you. Was watching mission impossible so it was nonstop action but if I was watching a more thinking movie, I probably would have told the lady to sit still or gtfo.

+ 1

i am very fidgety by nature and for that reason i choose a seat with no one in front of me, and if i cant find one i control myself.

did you like mission impossible, was it good?

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

omg I know...

The social graces required for old family friends are exhausting and our annual conversations are tedious at best. The festivities need some fresh faces to liven things up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads