Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. otc

otc Senior member

We usually get sent home early before every holiday like that...but still get paid out through 5:00

of course I usually take those days off and still have to use a full day of paid-time-off...although it saves me the risk of getting stuck with some last minute emergency (which becomes more likely when 2 thirds of the staff are out of the office and you are the only one left with certain skills).

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Holidays mean travel for me and I try to put it off for as long as I can to minimize the amount of time I have to be away from home. This said, I don't mind working the day before holidays. I hate, hate, hate sitting on trains for a long time.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I have to ride a bus this afternoon.

Pray for me.

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

beats driving through brutal traffic for an hour

i do that nightly

---

working retail right before the holidays sucks ass, at least i leave early today.

5. in stitches

so, because my customers are such fuckers and i am in a shitty mood, i have been a dick most of the day. here is one story that just transpired;

a lady called cuz her stuff was delivered yesterday, but they only 2 of the 3 items. item #3 was back ordered, and is being delivered today. BEFORE CHRISTMAS. but, for her "inconvenience" she wants me to refund some of her money. i told her no refunds is our policy, and it says so in big bold letters on the invoice right where you signed. so she says, well you delivered late so the contract is invalidated. i said, (and i love when customers pull that shit), well im not a lawyer so im not an expert in contract law, but please continue. she keeps blabbing and then a few minutes later she says the invalidated contract line again. i say, please turn over you receipt and see part 2, line a. and i read aloud;

"_____ outsources all deliveries to independant subcontractors and cannot guarantee delivery dates and times. in rare instances delivery date/or time may be subject to change without notice; in these instances neither _____ nor its contracted delivery service will provide refunds or compensation of any kind."

she was all but but but...and i was like, yeah, so call a lawyer if you want to, but i cant give you any money back.

i kinda like being a dick.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

:slayer:

Embrace the dick inside you (no homo).

7. patrickBOOTH

Around this time of year you have to expect shipping issues. She should have ordered sooner. Plus, like you said today is not Christmas. Christmas Eve isn't Christmas either.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You should have told her that your organization doesn't deserve her business and take the items back.

9. i10casual

i10casual Senior member

Sitting in traffic for over an hour in a town where 20 minutes takes you anywhere you want to go. Stupid desert town can't drive in snow!!!!!!!!!!

10. in stitches

lol

INORITE!

but then we would have to give her her money back. we dont like doing that. :)

11. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

That's not what would have happened. Then she would suddenly be begging you to let her keep the items.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

You know, come to think of it, I seldom use bleach. We have a gallon jug that's probably a few years old and half full. With new chemicals and cleaners, it really does have very few uses anymore.

:(

That might be the saddest thing I've read all week.

Sorry to hear this, Conne. I hope you find something better soon.

My condolences. Good luck looking after the little one.

13. in stitches

youd be surprised. or maybe you wouldnt. but i can say with almost absolute certainty she would have sent the stuff back and taken a refund in an instant. my customers are petty like that. they are also poor and prolly want the money back for drugs and alcohol. or to bail someone out of jail. you never really know what their motivation is for asking for a refund, but in my experience it is rarely for the reason they state it is.

14. patrickBOOTH

Writing out cards. I always write out cards for birthdays and christmas and such, especially to my parents. I never just sign my name, I always write something thoughtful about the past year and such. I feel like it is a nice thing to do, but I hate doing it. It takes so much effort and motivation. Tricking people into thinking I am a decent human being is a lot of work.

15. gort

gort Senior member

It's ok. It's not like it affects me other than being a little self conscious of my toes being crooked. :)