• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My family has the most absurd plans for Christmas that will involve nonstop driving all over the place to visit various places and ping-pong the same group of people to multiple people's houses for all sorts of bullshit spanning 2 states and 4 counties in the DC/MD/VA area. Why can't we just pick one place to spend the holiday weekend and stay there? Basically my older brother and his wife live out in the boonies and have manipulated the plans to revolve around their neck of the woods and make it extremely inconvenient for everyone else. :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My family has the most absurd plans for Christmas that will involve nonstop driving all over the place to visit various places and ping-pong the same group of people to multiple people's houses for all sorts of bullshit spanning 2 states and 4 counties in the DC/MD/VA area. Why can't we just pick one place to spend the holiday weekend and stay there? Basically my older brother and his wife live out in the boonies and have manipulated the plans to revolve around their neck of the woods and make it extremely inconvenient for everyone else. :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Travelling to one place is annoying enough.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that sucks. if you need an escape just stop by the stitch home for some potato latkes. :)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also, those people that try and get money out of you for a cause on the street. They piss me off.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugh, sounds like a nightmare. Travelling to one place is annoying enough.

I think something that is making it worse is that my father died 3 years ago and I tend to cling to our old family tradition of how we did Christmas. Things are changing each year now and it's just really upsetting as Christmas was my Dad's favorite holiday and it was such a special time every year. :(

It's naive to think things will never evolve but it's really tough.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So some old hag here decided to reply-all to about 300 people in response to some inane IT issue instead of only to the one initial sender.

To teach her a lesson, I replied-all to her reply-all with my own response (basically whether or not our pc's had been upgraded). Seems like one guy got the joke and replied-all to my reply-all. And Like a slim, young, funny twat, I gave a final reply-all.

Now, all manner of fat, old, humorless twats here are replying to me (how nice of them) about how I should watch my reply-all's, including for good measure, the 10th most senior guy at my agency.

Lesson Learned: Should've stopped with my first reply-all and chuckled at the tip-of-the-hat from the guy that responded to my reply-all.

:foo:

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sounds very familiar.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So some old hag here decided to reply-all to about 300 people in response to some inane IT issue instead of only to the one initial sender.
To teach her a lesson, I replied-all to her reply-all with my own response (basically whether or not our pc's had been upgraded). Seems like one guy got the joke and replied-all to my reply-all. And Like a slim, young, funny twat, I gave a final reply-all.
Now, all manner of fat, old, humorless twats here are replying to me (how nice of them) about how I should watch my reply-all's, including for good measure, the 10th most senior guy at my agency.
Lesson Learned: Should've stopped with my first reply-all and chuckled at the tip-of-the-hat from the guy that responded to my reply-all.

Hahaha, I love the idiots who reply all to company or office wide emails. At my old company, we had a business unit wide email that went out to thousands of employees. There was a resultant string of about 15 reply-all emails which prompted the unit to BCC the email group for all future large scale memos. Haha.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found out our dog needs 6K in surgery. Crushing blow this time of year. Our bonus's if we get them will be delayed until march now.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

****, brother, rough morning.
I had a sinus infection a couple of months ago, and the antibiotics cleared it up really well. Hopefully, you'll experience he same results. Worst part of antibiotics is no drinking.
BTW, I got through the first 1/3 or your post and I was thinking to myself, "Wow, FLMM has a son!? I've never heard him make mention of him before. How strange. And then I realized that you, Mr G. have switched avatars, robbing me of my visuals cues as to who is who.

It was a tough one. It was literally like someone had scheduled a new PITA for me to endure for each hour of the morning.

It's funny you mention that - the antibiotics had just started really working. They took longer than I expected to start really clearing things up (and longer than they have with prior sinus issues), but I've felt better in the last few days than I have in weeks. I suppose I should be grateful that I'm feeling better in that regard, but it's just so :fu: that I have to switch when I was almost done. I'm just glad the new one is a Z-Pak that's a shorter course.

:laugh: It has confused me a couple of times, too. There's something very disconcerting about reading a post you think is FLMM only to realize it's your words. It's like my joke has betrayed me.

For all my whining, I feel like I should say something positive. I found out over the weekend I have free tickets to see Georgia in the Outback bowl. I'm going to be in the Tampa area around that time anyway, but, given the way my vacation was planned, I wasn't going to be in town on the day of the game. However, my boss was cool enough to let me take an extra vacation day so I could make it happen. That's pretty :slayer:, and a nice break in an otherwise awful day.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I think something that is making it worse is that my father died 3 years ago and I tend to cling to our old family tradition of how we did Christmas. Things are changing each year now and it's just really upsetting as Christmas was my Dad's favorite holiday and it was such a special time every year. :(
It's naive to think things will never evolve but it's really tough.

That's hard. :( I am sorry to hear. It will all behind over soon.

Funny you should bring this up. I have been wanting to request a "reply all" on SF.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has been dead slow all day. and the minute i try to close up shop and go home literally 17 people walk in the store.

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

wait you ask, 17 people, why are you posting????? because they are all JUST LOOKING

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads