• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ pB and the skipper :fu: sorry guys that sucks.
----
i am about ready to explode right now. so, our company pays everyone **** wages, like total bullshit. top to bottom, and especially the laborers. so i have a guy that works at my store and he is kind of a utility guy. does sales, but mostly manual labor type stuff. anyhow, he gets paid the most bullshit wage. so he leaves early and comes late, that was his arrangement from before. now, i need him to work a full day as he is my only employee right now and we are too busy for me to have no help at any point during the day. understandably he wants an increase in pay if he is working more.

as an aside, i know that the owners think very little of him and would gladly fire him, but i like him and think he does a good job. so i asked the owners to give him a raise because i need him to work more. they agreed, and actually gave him a decentish raise.

now here is the pisser, so this morning i give him the good news, and he turns into a greedy moron. saying that his raise is not enough and he wants more. i tell him, thats what i was able to do, i explain why its a decent raise and so on. he still says no, i want more. and then he says he will call the owners himself. i tried to dissuade him, but i cant actually cant stop him. and i know if he calls them saying his raise is not enough they will just say, ok you are fired. and then i will have to start new, hiring and training someone. he is being so stupid i want to just punch him in the face. grrrr.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@ pB and the skipper :fu: sorry guys that sucks.
----
i am about ready to explode right now. so, our company pays everyone **** wages, like total bullshit. top to bottom, and especially the laborers. so i have a guy that works at my store and he is kind of a utility guy. does sales, but mostly manual labor type stuff. anyhow, he gets paid the most bullshit wage. so he leaves early and comes late, that was his arrangement from before. now, i need him to work a full day as he is my only employee right now and we are too busy for me to have no help at any point during the day. understandably he wants an increase in pay if he is working more.
as an aside, i know that the owners think very little of him and would gladly fire him, but i like him and think he does a good job. so i asked the owners to give him a raise because i need him to work more. they agreed, and actually gave him a decentish raise.
now here is the pisser, so this morning i give him the good news, and he turns into a greedy moron. saying that his raise is not enough and he wants more. i tell him, thats what i was able to do, i explain why its a decent raise and so on. he still says no, i want more. and then he says he will call the owners himself. i tried to dissuade him, but i cant actually cant stop him. and i know if he calls them saying his raise is not enough they will just say, ok you are fired. and then i will have to start new, hiring and training someone. he is being so stupid i want to just punch him in the face. grrrr.

Sounds like a really good OWS pic is on its way.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They were testing the very loud fire alarms in my condo building this morning, over and over and over. No one bothered to tell me that this would be happening, so I naturally concluded that there was a fire. That's not how I like to begin my days. Also, the alarms traumatized my cat.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got rejected from Bristol for accounting. Not really upset about it, just kind of offended I didn't get into a program with an ABB offer when I have A*AA. Doesn't matter got into Kings for pure maths, which is a better program and in a nicer place. Bristol looks the same as Cambridge basically. Only worry is that its gonna be harder to get laid at Kings then Bristol because Kings is gonna be full of chinese girls from china who don't speak english and who are also studying maths where as Bristol probably has lots of fit art girls who are basically dumb as **** just like the ones in Cambridge.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IS, this is why you never give in to an employee using gunboat diplomacy. Never.

Stay strong.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score

Got rejected from Bristol for accounting. Not really upset about it, just kind of offended I didn't get into a program with an ABB offer when I have A*AA. Doesn't matter got into Kings for pure maths, which is a better program and in a nicer place. Bristol looks the same as Cambridge basically. Only worry is that its gonna be harder to get laid at Kings then Bristol because Kings is gonna be full of chinese girls from china who don't speak english and who are also studying maths where as Bristol probably has lots of fit art girls who are basically dumb as **** just like the ones in Cambridge.

As a medic at UCL, there are insecure hoes with inferiority complexes galore (lassie didn't get into Oxbridge) - it's probably the same at Strand Polytechnic

Last edited:

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a medic at UCL, there are insecure hoes with inferiority complexes galore (lassie didn't get into Oxbridge) - it's probably the same at Strand Polytechnic

Come at me bro

Hopefully ill get into LSE or UCL again this year, haven't heard from either of them. Applying with pretty strong grades. Is kings looked down upon that much?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why are you being such a dickweed today?

Hm, the only other time i was a dickweed (at least intentionally/to you) was on this photo a chick posted to her FB....so clearly I'm not communicating well on SF to my homeboys.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads