Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

This week's "word of the day" are each words borrowed from Yiddish. Today is "nosh", which I already knew. http://wordsmith.org/words/today.html

But I did learn that there are subtle differences between a schlemiel and a schlimazel, which I had always previously assumed were synonyms. Pretty sure Ed would be a schlimazel. Who is our resident schlemiel?

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tagut

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ok, update. So, my girlfriend lets them into the place while I am at work and they replace the part. In the meantime they screwed up the track, and the cabinetry so they had to bring a different guy this morning. The girlfriend texts me just now and says two guys came are are looking at it scratching their heads and said they have to bring another guy later to figure it out.

I think I might be better off hiring a drunkard off the street to fix this fucking thing. Oh yeah, they left a mess yesterday again. What is wrong with these savages?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

4. patrickBOOTH

X-post.

5. otc

otc Senior member

I had forgotten how much salt we throw on our damn streets.

Got half an inch of snow or something last week and yet this morning I am crunching and crackling through piles of salt despite the fact that it is supposed to rain tomorrow and then be like 45 on thursday.

I think this year I am going to keep a water-vinegar mix and cloth in the office so I can clean salt stains off my shoes twice a day.

6. patrickBOOTH

Yeah, it is bad for a lot of things. Pollutes water, and corrodes all sorts of things.

7. otc

otc Senior member

To be fair...the city hasn't started doing it yet--just all of the landlords who are scared of being held liable for the fact that ice is slippery.

At least I got my motorcycle off the street this weekend...time to put the fenders on my bicycle to keep the nasty shit from spraying all over me.

8. MrG

MrG Senior member

Aside from a brief respite a couple of weekends ago, I've pretty much been sick nonstop for a couple of weeks. First it was a cold, then it was some weird high fever/body aches/congestion illness, then it was a coldlike thing I thought might be (becoming) a sinus infection. Turns out I was right, I do have a sinus infection. Now it's antibiotics for 10 days. Still, I suppose I should be grateful that it looks like I'm finally on the road to feeling better.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

the kindle fire. my wife bought one and we though it would be legitimately useful, turns out to be just like the iPad - pretty fucking awesome - but frivolous when you already have a current iPhone/smartphone and a laptop.

i'm pissed at how within a week I can feel like "damn this thing is AWESOME and totally useful!" to "meh, well, its collecting dust... I don't really use or need it... ".

the Fire is going to be returned.

10. patrickBOOTH

Ah, the novelties of the first world.

11. patrickBOOTH

My girlfriend wants to have way more sex than I do. I mean I am ok with it on the weekends, but I have to get up in the mornign and I have a lot to do in the evenings before bed. Dammit.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

^^ :violin:

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

returning stuff and reselling things is awesome in the 1st world too...

think about the heartache some middle class guy in Guatemala has right now looking at his dusty unused Kindle Fire thinking "holy shit... i don't really use this...returning this to the Amazon is going to be a bitch... eBay Guatemala suuucks... craigslist Guatemala City is Ok, but who wants to do a meet up in this heat.... fuuuuck..."

14. Spats

Spats Senior member

Does the movie version of this story involve a guy wearing black socks?:satisfied:

15. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Adults who get obsessive about maintaining the "magic" of Santa with their kids as they get older. Fuck you, stop lying to your kids and pretending that believing in Santa is an essential component to living a happy life.