• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian

That sounds pretty bad man. Hopefully your networking contacts pan out and you can get out of that ****** cycle

+1, uncertainty and being condescended to are the pits. hope it straightens out for ya.

Thanks guys. Obviously I am venting. On the upside I have been exposed to litigation at a few very large companies and "BIGLAW" firms I would never have been a part of had I gone on the trajectory I was expecting after law school. While I am doubtful as to what that does for my resume, I think it gives me a better idea of what is going on in terms of the changing landscape of the legal profession.

That said, today was among the lows of the last year. It's hustle or die out there-- and I've been doing a lot of hustling-- hopefully it pays off soon.

Last edited:

Zachgranstrom

Reaction score
Just found out that someone stole my identity. :fu:

Well, at least it was near the end of this quarter so I didn't have much in my account anyways. However, it still pisses me off.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thas right ya'll. our system is full of random numbers and ****, not based on any normal equation. suck it.

Actually it is the Imperial system and it was based off of benchmarks.

My gym is full of slutty Long Island college girls.

That pisses you off? Awesome. Then again, what do they say? That you only coat hangers sluts if they will sleep with everyone but you?

That the one that uses base 12 to match the number of digits on your hands? Also you didn't answer the why part, is it some kind of solidarity with Burma and Liberia or just typical American pigheadedness?

It is a holdover from when Britain ruled. The country which, you know, Aussies are still under the rule of? Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted.

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$150 spent on groceries... just for myself.
My car of 2 years finally broke down, so I borrowed my bro's truck. Tried parking it in a tight ass garage, broke the right mirror, $300 repair.

Dude, what happened to flight school?

Still going, need to get rid of plantar warts first, taking forfucking ever.

And Stitchy, idk man. Hoping 2 weeks minimum.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The country which, you know, Aussies are still under the rule of? Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted. [/quote]

The countries still producing something nowadays are using metric because it is easier..

100 centimetres is a metre and so on..

It is an Anglo-Saxon thing ...

The rest of the world is using it and people will have to learn...

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh the Edinaphail.

Nope it is the U.S. Customary system, Imperial is different.

Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted.

Nope Australia metricated between 1970 and 1988, although it was almost completely finished by 1974 and imperial units were withdrawn from all legal use in 1988. The Imperial system is not widely used at all although some older people still use it idiomatically or when measuring peoples height and weight (stones not pounds).

p.s. I'm not a royalist at all but I'd rather have an old biddy like the queen as head of state than some of the cockheads the U.S. has had in recent decades.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I have customers using imperial measurements I told them to polish their metric system illico presto because their Continental customers will not have a clue about what they're going on about...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The country which, you know, Aussies are still under the rule of? Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted.

The countries still producing something nowadays are using metric because it is easier..
100 centimetres is a metre and so on..
It is an Anglo-Saxon thing ...

Lulz. OECD says otherwise.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lol, this is America. We will not have to learn.

In about 10 years when we're all wearing computer monitors in our contact lenses and a speaker surgically implanted into our ears and our google-phones are linked directly into our brains we won't have to consciously convert anything anyway. You'll mumble something in that metric system of yours and the computer will automatically translate it into something we can understand.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

In about 10 years when we're all wearing computer monitors in our contact lenses and a speaker surgically implanted into our ears and our google-phones are linked directly into our brains we won't have to consciously convert anything anyway. You'll mumble something in that metric system of yours and the computer will automatically translate it into something we can understand.

So you're saying we should elect Rick Perry, then.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This morning my umbrella broke, insufficient fare, credit card wouldn't work, dropped my coffee on the subway platform, work cafeteria charged me $0.18 for a cup so I could brew my own coffee. **** me.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So you're saying we should elect Rick Perry, then.

Actually the candidate we elect wouldn't matter either. The actual elected person will never be seen live in public, partly for security purposes, but also because those same contact lens computer monitors would automatically filter the image of the elected official to something more pleasing to the viewer's personal worldview. So, for example, if you would prefer a mush-mouthed, middle-aged hetero white guy from Texas as your President, then that's what you'll see. If your preference is for a distinguished black man with Cole Haan shoes and questionable trouser length then that's what you'll see. If you would really like your leader to be a Little Person in a wheelchair with a mohawk and green skin then that's what you'll see.

The future is wide open on this front. The candidate who can truly be everything to everybody is soon to be a technological reality.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

fail. obviously that it what i meant by "suck it."

And Stitchy, idk man. Hoping 2 weeks minimum.

i hope so man, cuz that would feed my family for a week easy.

good luck with the warts and flight school.

:lol:

This morning my umbrella broke, insufficient fare, credit card wouldn't work, dropped my coffee on the subway platform, work cafeteria charged me $0.18 for a cup so I could brew my own coffee. **** me.

worst morning EVAR :cloud:

----

overcast, gray and raining here, almost always a ****** sales day when its gloomy out. people not in the mood to shop. i hope today is different somehow.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Working as a contract attorney. I have been doing it for about a year now.
First I had a long term contract for six months. At least I had a paycheck, but by the end of the contract I was tired of know nothing managers who literally got out of law school a few months ago lecturing litigators with 8-10 years experience at respectable firms how things should be done. All work is frustrating, but I found this to be particularly ridiculous.
For the last few months I have been bouncing around firms in the greater Boston area. The pay is decent, but the uncertainty kills me. From getting a call on a Saturday morning telling me "Not to do any more work" to getting a call literally while I was on the commuter rail on the way to the first day to tell me not to go in, this type of stuff is really starting to wear on me.
I am probably in the minority that doesn't mind the work, but the majority of law firms treat you as subhuman. From lying about when projects are going to end in what seems like an effort to avoid some kind of conflict or confrontation (which of course is ridiculous-- half the time I am back in the same room within a few days) to making contract attorneys sit in what are clearly chairs about to be thrown away and making a fuss when anyone switches one or complains.
I am being petty to an extent. I live a nice life and I am happy to be getting work. I have been networking and making some moves work wise that will bring an end to this stuff or allow me to do it less, but for at least the next couple months I am going to be living this life. I am really tired of it.

that sucks. good luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads