Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

Thanks guys. Obviously I am venting. On the upside I have been exposed to litigation at a few very large companies and "BIGLAW" firms I would never have been a part of had I gone on the trajectory I was expecting after law school. While I am doubtful as to what that does for my resume, I think it gives me a better idea of what is going on in terms of the changing landscape of the legal profession.

That said, today was among the lows of the last year. It's hustle or die out there-- and I've been doing a lot of hustling-- hopefully it pays off soon.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

2. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

Just found out that someone stole my identity. :fu:

Well, at least it was near the end of this quarter so I didn't have much in my account anyways. However, it still pisses me off.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Actually it is the Imperial system and it was based off of benchmarks.

That pisses you off? Awesome. Then again, what do they say? That you only call girls sluts if they will sleep with everyone but you?

It is a holdover from when Britain ruled. The country which, you know, Aussies are still under the rule of? Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011

4. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Still going, need to get rid of plantar warts first, taking forfucking ever.

And Stitchy, idk man. Hoping 2 weeks minimum.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The country which, you know, Aussies are still under the rule of? Also, still widely used in Oz, although dying out. IIRC from my schoolboy days... Imperial is still the official measurement system or something like that. There's something about the metric system not being fully accepted. [/quote]

The countries still producing something nowadays are using metric because it is easier..

100 centimetres is a metre and so on..

It is an Anglo-Saxon thing ...

The rest of the world is using it and people will have to learn...

6. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Ahhh the Edinaphail.

Nope it is the U.S. Customary system, Imperial is different.

Nope Australia metricated between 1970 and 1988, although it was almost completely finished by 1974 and imperial units were withdrawn from all legal use in 1988. The Imperial system is not widely used at all although some older people still use it idiomatically or when measuring peoples height and weight (stones not pounds).

p.s. I'm not a royalist at all but I'd rather have an old biddy like the queen as head of state than some of the cockheads the U.S. has had in recent decades.

7. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

8. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

When I have customers using imperial measurements I told them to polish their metric system illico presto because their Continental customers will not have a clue about what they're going on about...

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Lulz. OECD says otherwise.

10. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Lol, this is America. We will not have to learn.

In about 10 years when we're all wearing computer monitors in our contact lenses and a speaker surgically implanted into our ears and our google-phones are linked directly into our brains we won't have to consciously convert anything anyway. You'll mumble something in that metric system of yours and the computer will automatically translate it into something we can understand.

[​IMG]

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

So you're saying we should elect Rick Perry, then.

12. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

This morning my umbrella broke, insufficient fare, credit card wouldn't work, dropped my coffee on the subway platform, work cafeteria charged me $0.18 for a cup so I could brew my own coffee. Fuck me.

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Actually the candidate we elect wouldn't matter either. The actual elected person will never be seen live in public, partly for security purposes, but also because those same contact lens computer monitors would automatically filter the image of the elected official to something more pleasing to the viewer's personal worldview. So, for example, if you would prefer a mush-mouthed, middle-aged hetero white guy from Texas as your President, then that's what you'll see. If your preference is for a distinguished black man with Cole Haan shoes and questionable trouser length then that's what you'll see. If you would really like your leader to be a Little Person in a wheelchair with a mohawk and green skin then that's what you'll see.

The future is wide open on this front. The candidate who can truly be everything to everybody is soon to be a technological reality.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

fail. obviously that it what i meant by "suck it."

i hope so man, cuz that would feed my family for a week easy.

good luck with the warts and flight school.

:lol:

worst morning EVAR :cloud:

----

overcast, gray and raining here, almost always a shitty sales day when its gloomy out. people not in the mood to shop. i hope today is different somehow.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

that sucks. good luck