Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MrG

MrG Senior member

I concur. I've seen people try to add sugar to unsweet tea, and it always involved lots of stirring and leftover grit.

Also, I misread your post. I thought you were asking how there's a difference between hot and cold tea WRT getting sugar in there. Now I see that you were referring to putting the sugar in hot tea. In that regard, there's probably not a huge difference, aside from the sheer volume of sugar sweet-tea drinkers put in our tea.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds caloric.

3. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

what i don't understand is why you wouldn't just drink lipton powder iced tea. that shit is b o m b d i g g i t y

4. MrG

MrG Senior member

Judging by the rankings of states by prevalence of obesity (and personal observations of my fellow Southern folk), it is.

:fu:

:laugh:

:fu:

5. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Girls are fucking insane. :nodding:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  6. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Fed-Ex is great at fucking shit up.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I've tried y'all's sweet tea, and I have to say that it is remarkably sugary, and your people seem to serve it in bucket-sized glasses. My teeth and kidneys ache when I see that much tea-flavored sugar syrup in one container. I don't know how you people sleep or avoid diabetes. And, given my ferocious sweet tooth, that is really saying something.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL(weeep)LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL(faceplam)LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Stomach is acting up a bit and I have to go to a fete tonight.

I will soldier valiantly on.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I don't think there's anything the least bit unusual when I see people engaged in bitter disputes in MC about button stances or the precise degree of matchiness that's allowable between tie and PS. And yet I'm surprised at the level of animosity that can develop over disagreements about tea and the terminology that's appropriate to describe the various forms it can take! :happy:
    (FWIW, I have no horse in the race. I've spent the vast majority of my life in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, and I'm not sure I even knew there was a beverage called sweet tea until I got to STL.)

10. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I am my own worst enemy. On Monday I was at the courthouse and I met this elderly woman and overheard her talking about her granddaughter's genuinely sad story about losing custody of her daughter due to a missed hearing and bla bla bla. I don't do family law, but I gave the woman my card and told her that I might be able to find someone to help her. After talking to the girl and reading the court files, it became pretty apparent that some really unfair shit had happened and that this little girl was going to suffer for it if something didn't get done quick. She has no money and Legal Aid didn't have any attorneys (which they never do for family cases. Their program there is constantly overwhelmed.

I guess you can figure out where this is going. This is literally the first family law case I have ever done and I have no guidance on it. I probably spent 25 hours this week teaching myself to handle a custody dispute and then learning through trial and error how the family courts work. I literally spent 8-5 today going from place to place trying to get a new hearing set.

11. L'Incandescent

First of all, I think it's great that you're doing that. I mean, I know it's taking a lot of your valuable time, and that you wouldn't need to do it if there weren't some basic injustice that you wanted to correct. But still. People should keep stories like that in mind when they attack the legal profession as a whole. Second, maybe it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for you to get familiar with the world of family law?

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah I'm just tired. I don't regret it and, tbh, I'm proud of myself for doing it. I don't do a lot of stuff like that and it does feel good. The girl cried when I told her I would help her.

Plus, you're right, it's a good thing for me to learn.

13. fuji

fuji Senior member

Angry at KCL. They're like the 30th best in the UK for Maths, gave me an A*AA offer. UCL and LSE gave me AAA last year, Kings is significantly shitter. In there prospectus they're asking for AAA, but because im predicted A*AA they want to ask me for that.

14. L'Incandescent

That's awesome! I can only imagine what it's like to have other people make a decision that affects your life so profoundly, and to have that decision made within the context of procedures and norms that are utterly foreign to you. She must have felt so helpless. And I imagine that's fairly common.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Nice work Munchy. Good luck on the case. Maybe you could get some of the other Mo's here to help you out.