• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh, just drink a bunch before bedtime. Sweet dreams every time. It's worked for me for 11 years.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ZMA (available at any health food store) will give you a really deep sleep and vivid dreams.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Uh, just drink a bunch before bedtime. Sweet dreams every time. It's worked for me for 11 years.

I just lay there buzzed and awake. I have tried this.

ZMA (available at any health food store) will give you a really deep sleep and vivid dreams.

Really? A woman I work with swears by valarian root and melatonin pills. She's a vitamin junkie though. It is like a phramacy at her desk.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really? A woman I work with swears by valarian root and melatonin pills. She's a vitamin junkie though. It is like a phramacy at her desk.

my kids had a really hard time falling asleep, and we asked the pediatrician about melatonin, he said it was ok. my daughter takes 1/2 a pill each night and it works like a charm. i tried one once on a night i was having trouble sleeping, it was helpful.

it is not a sleeping pill though, it wont make you pass out, and you dont need to sleep for a certain amount of hours to use it. i dont know all the particulars, but it somehow facilitates in making you tired. something about the body naturally makes a hormone/enzyme?? at night to slow itself down, and some peoples bodies dont produce enough of it at night, so malatonin substitutes for it. something like that.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my kids had a really hard time falling asleep, and we asked the pediatrician about melatonin, he said it was ok. my daughter takes 1/2 a pill each night and it works like a charm. i tried one once on a night i was having trouble sleeping, it was helpful.
it is not a sleeping pill though, it wont make you pass out, and you dont need to sleep for a certain amount of hours to use it. i dont know all the particulars, but it somehow facilitates in making you tired. something about the body naturally makes a hormone/enzyme?? at night to slow itself down, and some peoples bodies dont produce enough of it at night, so malatonin substitutes for it. something like that.

Is it harmful to her?

She is only 9 months old ..

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is it harmful to her?
She is only 9 months old ..

oh, haha, the baby is a fine sleeper, i wouldnt give a baby like that melatonin. i was talking about my 8 year old. she takes it, and occasionally my son, he is 5.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yeah, your body produces in naturally in the dark. That is why they say TV and such isn't good before bed because it limits melatonin production in the brain.

When my father was young he had a friend across the street and one night his friend couldn't sleep and he needed to be up really early for a wedding. He called my father and asked him to knock him out so he would sleep. Naturally my father (who is a very big guy) went over there and punched him square in the face, but didn't want to hurt him really bad so he didn't hit him too hard. Well, it didn't work and he was crying in bed, so my dad said ok, now I am really going to hit you. He cracked him hard and he hit his pillow and stayed asleep all night. The downside was he woke up with a black eye and an egg over his eye. He told everybody at the wedding that he fell and his his head on his dresser.

Last edited:

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oh, haha, the baby is a fine sleeper, i wouldnt give a baby like that melatonin. i was talking about my 8 year old. she takes it, and occasionally my son, he is 5.

Get em off the Xbox and running around. Jesus balls I never had sleep issues THAT young. ~15 is where it started for me.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Get em off the Xbox and running around. Jesus balls I never had sleep issues THAT young. ~15 is where it started for me.

True...

Let's run around until they drop from exhaustion.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

haha, we dont have a single gaming system in the house. my kids run around all the time, more than the vast majority of american kids i have no doubt. its a hormone thing, not an attention/mind zap thing.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

haha, we dont have a single gaming system in the house. my kids run around all the time, more than the vast majority of american kids i have no doubt. its a hormone thing, not an attention/mind zap thing.

Anxiety maybe???

A lot of kids are very anxious at bedtime..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads