Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Bigskip beat me to it, but to echo his post, WTF MANG? How is that even possible?

I'm going to go on a limb here and say you're taking your troubles to bed with you: i.e., not clearing your mind.

That is, at least, part of why I run. Find your mental hosedown (running, meditation, slam-dancing, whatever) and go with it. And good luck!

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Douglas--have you checked where you left your wallet? How about the last place you would look, have you looked there? I've found my wallet is usually in one of those two places.

3. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

I am 25 now, and recently noticed I cant sleep into the afternoons anymore, even on off days. I still sleep well, and the pee thing is a rare occurrence.

One thing I do when I lay in bed, which seems to help with falling quickly asleep is to mentally recount my day from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed. Its a great way to exercise your memory and the "mental" work out seems to relax me and I fall asleep like a baby. I rarely even make it past 1pm-2pm (in replaying my day)

4. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I probably sleep on and off about 80% of the time I have allotted for sleeping. In other words, if I have 10 hours of time, I can sleep maybe 8 of those hours. When I have 8 hours, I can sleep around 6 or so. I just wake up fucking constantly and can't sleep deeply at all, the last weekend I had I couldn't do anything- was a zombie all during the day, slept at 10pm on friday, 12 on saturday, 11 on sunday, still feel tired. It's like even though I sleep I never get rejuvenated at all.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

5. gort

gort Senior member

I always end up sleeping on my stomach no matter what. If I have any more than 1 pillow under me, I'll wake up on my stomach with my back all bent upward because of too many pillows under my face and then my back is sore all day. :fu:

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

You might have fatal familial insomnia, which is incurable and inevitably results in death. You should go get checked out.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Sleep pattern are very very important ...

As a shift worker doing nights on and off , the effects of disturbed sleep pattern are just mond blowing...

I feel like a zombie for days and get very depressed especially in the winter.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

What's your waking heart rate? (no alarm)

I ask because I think you've been hustling too long and haven't given yourself any downtime, and have pushed yourself into overtraining/under-recovery zone. If your heart rate is elevated upon waking, then I think you ought to dial it back for a few days and see if that helps.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. I won't lend, but I will give money to family members when asked. I learned the hard way that lending usually doesn't end well.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

wait, if it's incurable and inevitably results in death, why bother? In fact, why bother sleeping at all?

11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Money and family is always a dangerous mix...

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

It takes me a solid hour to fall asleep if I'm lucky regardless of what I've done during the day. I then wake up frequently throughout the night and often struggle for half an hour to get back to sleep. I feel your pains bro.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

peeing and sleeping. i cant go to bed without taking a piss first, and i pretty much always fall asleep quick and sleep through the night, but that is only about 4 or 5 maybe 6 hours these days.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Same here, I dread going to bed because of how long it takes me to fall asleep. It is amazing if you let me I could fall asleep at my desk at work in a second, but if I go home I'll never be able to sleep. I remember one weekend I was out and about and I was sooo tired and I was close to my office. I came in and went to my desk to see if I could catch a snooze and nothing. Couldn't fall asleep for shit.

One thing that does help is (laugh all you want) but having my girlfriend rub my face, head, and jaw. I have TMJ badly and my jaw and head are constantly hurting and if she massages it all I tend to relax. And yes, I do wear a nightgaurd. I go through about 2 per year because I literally grind through them.

Edit: oh, and peeing before bed does nothing. I have still been getting up once or twice. Also, I cannot look at my alarm clock, even if I have three hours before getting up I lay there with anxiety about it going off.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

part of the problem is you've just got to wake up and go to sleep at the same time every day. Which kinda sucks on weekends but I rarely go out anymore so no biggie.

I've found, and this has worked basically without fail since I was 12, that the easiest way for me to fall asleep is to think like I have dreams--if that makes sense. I've found I trick my brain into thinking its asleep. Or something.