Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. Basque Whaler

Basque Whaler New Member

I hate lending money to family members. Lent one $1500 in August, said he would pay me in September, and have only received $500.

Not to mention that I am just a university student with a part-time job! [​IMG]

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Basque, I feel for you but you made a rookie mistake. I remember my sister borrowing $70 from me (without telling me at first) and it took her forever to pay me back. I was like 15 she was 19. I swore from that experience I'd never lend an amount of money I'd miss if I never got it back (or got it back late). I lent my older brother ~$300 six or so months ago, he promised to pay me back within a month or so but he hasn't mentioned it since. I'm not short of cash but it's fucking annoying.

Let that be a lesson to you. Never lend large amounts of money to anyone (unless they're in a life or death situation). Particularly if you'd miss it. In my case I kinda miss the $300 but he needed it and I'm in good shape financially. A student has no business lending $1500 to anyone (a family member should feel especially wrong about even asking).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i have been in a horrible pissy mood the past few hours and i have no idea why, which only makes it worse.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

she gets great sex. you don't.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Can I join the club of people that can't sleep for shit?

7. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I guess I can sleep technically but extremely lightly, I wake up 3-5 times, from either using the bathroom, light coming through the shades, or the loud fucking birds outside.

8. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

9. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

My students, my friends, my "girl"friends, it's all fucked.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I definitely have seen a difference in the past year (26 years of age). I used to always have trouble falling asleep but once I was out I was out. Now not only can I not fall asleep I keep waking up through the night. Also, I never understood people's need to get up and pee in the middle of the night. I used to say just pee in the morning. Well, fuck a duck. I have to get up like twice to piss every night. I try not to drink much before bed, but it still happens. Don't even get me started on alcohol consumption. A heavy night of drinking renders me useless for days now.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I've noticed the peeing phenomenon start to happen to me occasionally. Simple solution is just to pee before going to bed.

Also, I fall asleep much earlier now, and pretty much always wake up at the same time. I can't even sleep in now. Shit sucks.

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

This happened to me in my mid 20s. Now even if I roll over and try to go back to sleep I can stay asleep until 8 at the latest. 9 maybe in the dead of winter. Other than times when I've had the flu, I don't think I've slept in until 10:30 in 5 or 6 years. On the other hand, I still can't take naps. I'm basically useless at any time after 10 PM.

[​IMG]

13. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

The peeing thing can come and go, I think.

I went through a phase a few years ago where I did get up to pee at least once a night, and I thought, "damn, I'm getting old."

Now I don't have to even pee before going to bed and can sleep the whole night through... even after a night of drinking.

Anyways, that's been my experience. As for sleep - I sleep just fine, even as I get older.

Pissing me off: I lost my wallet. I'm sure I didn't LOSE lose it - it has to be somewhere at my house, but it's gone. And I have to leave the country next week, which means I've got to go and replace all my cards, etc. before I go. I know my daughter plucked it off the kitchen table to play with it and it's at the bottom of her toy box or one of the dogs dragged it behind a sofa or something. We're moving soon, so I know that's when the damned thing is going to turn up, but at this point it really could be anywhere and there's not the time or the inclination to search. Crap.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

You will find your wallet the next time you're looking for something else. It is the way of the universe.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Guiz, we have a great DT thread going about getting old, old man bladder (OMB), etc. While I can relate to much of this I am over 40 now. All you young punks are fucked if all these symptoms are coming on at your ages!