Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

good luck with that, z.... also hope your daughter get well soon.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

My hot water takes fucking forever. I'm gonna have to turn the shower on tomorrow to get cleaned up for New Year's Eve.

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Ugh. My grade school crush is getting engaged to some guy in a Carhartt jacket.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

4. TimH

TimH Senior member

BANKERS!

5. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Hey grow up, we all do it. Whaa... Oh Bankers, sorry carry on.

6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, anything over $10k gets reported to the IRS as well. If I come across cash, I only deposit $5k at a time over many weeks. :hide:

7. patrickBOOTH

But does he like work outside in the conditions, or is he a hipster that works as a graphic designer?

8. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Damn.

Can you name 4 occupations not filled with 90%+ assholes?

Why would anyone need run flat tires? Carry a spare and learn to change your tire. You shouldn't be driving around with a tire with a hole in it regardless of whether it's describes as "run flat" or not.

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I was actually ready for them to hold it, but my banker told me it would be available right away and when I checked my account online there it was. So I spent some of the money and then Monday afternoon they snatched it back. I got it taken care of yesterday, though, so all's well that ends well.

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I have nothing really to complain about. I will be working in the office on a Friday which is fine except the cute coworker I like talking to won't be in. :(

11. patrickBOOTH

I kinda have a long-ish story that is pissing me off, but I will preface it with saying that yes, I am partly to blame for it all.

I have a heavy guitar amplifier at my parent's house that I had for years back when I lived there. It has been sitting in their basement for years and I decided it is not doing any good there so I am going to sell it on ebay. I told this to my father. I told him I will sell it on ebay and he can ship it out for me. He has done similar things in the past, but nothing of this weight ~100lbs. He nodded his head and shrugged his shoulders at this option. My parents live in Jersey, I am in the city so not exactly convenient for travelling back and forth easily. So, I sell the amp on ebay and call my father and tell him it has to be shipped, he says he will see what he can do because he is busy at work and yada yada yada, he tells me to send him the guy's mailing address and such. I told him that if it is too much I will do it when I come home for the Thanksgiving weekend. I don't hear anything from him for like two days. I call and ask him if he got to it, he tells me he can't find the cord and will look for it. Another day goes by and now my mother is involved, which I was trying to avoid because everything is a big deal and stressful to her. She is moving boxes looking for this cord in the basement and all of this jazz. During them moving things and looking for the cord, the guy obviously emails me and asks if it shipped. I tell him the situation and he is ok with it. My mother is still looking for the cord and such. This morning I get this essay of an email from my mother about how tired and sore she is from going through boxes and how my father almost had a heart attack from lifting the amp up the stairs and how disrespectful I am for making them do all of the work and blah, blah, blah. I did tell my father that I would do it when I came home, but their searching for the cord and asking for the information of the person suggested to me that they were going to ship it. But now my mother is all pissed off for me for "pressuring" them and giving them no notice and sitting back while they do all of the work (they knew about this for a week). I was letting them do all of the work because they never outright told me to do it myself and their looking for the cord and sending me emails about it all inquiring led me to believe they were doing it all..

In retrospect I should have saw this coming and just done it all my fucking self.

12. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Re: Run-flats. Meh. I have them now, and I'm not so sure I love them. For one, they're fucking expensive. For another, they always ride like shit. When I hit a bump or a pothole in my car it feels like I've just run over a hand grenade. It wasn't nearly so bad in my higher-performance, tighter-suspension former vehicle.

And you still have more or less the same issues. You still have to change the tire or take it in to the dealer to have the issue addressed when you get a flat. And if you have a slow leaker, an issue you used to be able to patch, most shops don't want to touch run-flats for patches because of the liability; e.g. how deflated was it, how long were you driving on it like that, etc. Generally, a slow leak = new $300 tire.

Field-changing a tire was/is a pain in the ass, but do it and you're on your way, and can get to the shop for a new tire anytime. With run-flats, you've pretty much got to make it in that day, maybe the next.

As for the big checks, the IRS reporting on big checks is, to me, one of the most obnoxious invasions of our privacy out there. People scream about privacy w/r/t wiretapping and stuff, but this provision never seems to get any press. I can tell you for sure, between wiretapping and depositing 5-figure checks, one of these has and will continue to be an issue for me, and the other never will be. But I guess as it's a provision that only affects the "rich," nobody needs to talk about it.

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

As a depositor of 5 figure checks, I can definitely tell you that I am not rich.

14. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Yes, I know, which is why I put "rich" in scare quotes.

Anyone who has a company credit card in their own name could easily have $10K of expenses in a month, none of which were personally enriching (airfares and hotels for a 2-week trip to Europe, for example), and need to deposit just such a check.

Or any one of 100 different alternative scenarios.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks - I apprectiate your sharing. I mean this sincerly - if it turns out that my daughter has that level of issues, then we will do what we can to help her deal with them, with all possible efforts and resources. but I believe, and hope, that we are dealing with a differnt thing.

I had a misrable school life, I also threw a chair at a teacher, in 3rd grade, and I punched a camp counsler in the stomach once, hard enough to make her roll up in a ball and cry (I was something like 9 at the time). my issue was that we moved around a lot, and I had been pushed up a grade, and was pretty smart, and short for my age, so I was, by far, the shortest, smallest,smartest, youngest kid in my classes, and always the new kid. and it was very hard to be in that position. I when I was in 4rth grade, we moved again, and I asked to be left back a year, and it really helped me out, I also learned to hide how intellegent I was, and didn't really put any effort into actual school work . after that, I didn't really have problems in school.

some of you might remember, I was conserned with my son, now 10, when he was tested a few years ago. he is half a SD smarter than I am, and I was worried it would create social problems for him. he's actually done really well socially, so I am not worried about him any more. this one twin is probably half an SD smarter than him, and I think that that is the biggest problem - I think that she has entered the realm of serious social problems, and that is what is causing her issues.

the thing is, we have only gotten feedback from this one class - my daughters have been in frameworks for 3 years, they also do a half dozen extra-curricular activities, and campls, and we haven't had any simialr feedback before. adn there are two teachers, but I can see that one of them is driving the idea, and the other one looks uncomfortable. so, while I am not dismissing it, I am not wholeheartily embracing it, either.

to top the whole fucking thing off, it turns out that she has pneumonia, and could have had it for 2 months, so all the problems she has been having this year could be a result of her being sick and irritable. so, it pisses me off even more that the first thing the teacher thinks about is that she is crazy.