Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Not always...the bad ones usually are though.

I was recently out with a former classmate who became a teacher. She sounds like she became a wonderful one. She certainly is easy on the eyes :nodding:

2. gort

gort Senior member

Especially during their christmas and summer breaks. :p

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Good heavens, outside of managing my parents I don't think I've had to deal with this at all.

My mother, funny enough (I can chuckle at this, at least) seemed to think it was okay to invite a relative to our house for Thanksgiving - and I'm absolutely good with it - but a week later acted as though she was completely in the dark about Thanksgiving plans. "Are we invited?" says one of her texts. "Are you cooking again this year?" Yes, mother, Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and so on and so forth, dating back to, oh, 2003.

4. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

My roommate (and best friend) deciding he cant afford living on his own and needs to move back home. Now I have to decide weather I will look for a new roommate (which I rather not since I was planning to move at the end of the lease [April]) or find a new place, which again sucks as its very sudden; both options suck, as its now almost Dec and I dont want to bother with this shit in the mid of the holidays.

The past few months thought me one thing; as close as you think you are with you friends, always look out for yourself first.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

thanks - don't worry, I dont agree witht the teachers, but we decided to look for outside help, just to make sure that we cover possibilities.

I think that there is some issue, and we are trying to figure out what it is. my feeling is that if it can save my daughter some rough patches later on in life it's worth it, but it is annoying dealing with the teacher.

6. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I don't know that they are more assholish than the general population. 90% of every occupation is full of assholes. Teachers are no more likely to be so than police officers, chefs, politicians, auto repairmen, etc.

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I am talking more of teachers who teach very small kids. I pretty much thought all of my teachers were horrible and terrifying.

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

and I know that teachers work hard. we've had a lot of teachers over the years for my 3 kids. basically, all but two have been great. but this particular one is a bitch. and I am not doing anything about it, because I know that she has good enough intentions, she isn't evil.

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah but you just named a bunch of asshole professions.

Teachers are less likely to be assholes than tow truck drivers and prison guards.

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

What is the 10% of professions that don't have assholes in them? Does it have something to do with proctology?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

11. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

friars always seem really nice

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I've met some pretty decent tow truck drivers in my day.

13. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I was diagnosed as bipolar II at the age of 19 but to be fair , I did have some behavioral problems during my younger years at school..

That was years ago before the Attention Deficit Disorder tag but I was struggling with discipline , poor concentration and so on...

I went to University even if my school years was erratic after being expelled from 4 different high schools.

I was sent to a Child Psychologist at the age of 11after trowing something at a teacher and the results weren't that helpful...

Don't dismiss the teachers reports especially if they're coming from different teachers or organisations..

It was difficult for my parents to acknowledge the fact I wasn't functioning normally and they never really wanted to see me as a person with mental issues.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Its usually in relation to how horrible and terrifying the children are.

15. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Yeah I was thinking more of the impound people. Those guys are dicks.