Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

That is a lot of cheese to not have sorted out. In all seriousness, is this account business personal. If it is personal, then given the amount of the deposit you should talk to your branch manager about getting a private banker. This would/should give you a higher level of service

It's certainly not the people at my office. What is it with the people at your workplace?

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I don't know. They are creeps. There are also a lot of "cliques". It is like high school.

3. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I don't know why I said six figure. I meant 5. Still a lot of money to me.

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Wishful thinking.

5. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

People.

We are hosting a New Year's party and just sent out the evite today. Within minutes, we got a reply from the wife of a friend - a guy I went to high school with, and who ran in the same crowd as me, but who is not really what I'd call a friend. I've seen him and his wife maybe 3-4 times in the past 5 years, each time at various weddings. I know he's a lot closer to some of our friends in common, but even they lament how G**** and C***** never come out any more. They have two kids and live way out and nobody sees much of them anymore. Anyways, as my wife and I recently got married, they were one of our last cuts, but we figured it wasn't a big deal since they wouldn't make it anyways, and we basically have no real relationship with them, in spite of common friends. Numbers were tight, costs were overrun already, so we did what we had to do... even though we were invited to their wedding some 6-7 years ago.

But we included them on our NYE party list. I guess they must be pissed at the non-invite to the wedding, because we get this e-mail in return:

Not that I'm steaming over this or anything, but jesus christ people can be so petty and shitty. Happy to cross some petty people off our obligations list for the future, but I'm not looking forward to bumping into them at the next big event we have in common.

6. patrickBOOTH

I would say, oh ok thanks for letting me know. I had an awkward experience like this as well when I ran into an old friend. He has held a grudge against me and a bunch of friends for for years for moving to nyc rather than Jersey City with him. We are all posers or something. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

that does suck, douglas.

went to parent teacher conference for my twins. their teachers are fucking cunts. they love one, hate the other. basically, couldn't stop talking about the one that they hate. and they blanketed the whole thing with "concern" for her. this year she's been having tantrums at school, but she doens't have them at home, she didn't really have them last year, she doen'st have them at any of her extra-curriculars. and they are acting like she's nuts. so we have her now going to a therapist, because they put the fear of god into us, but talking to the teachers, I am sure that the issue is that my 5 year old knows that they are idiots, and isn't showing them respenct, due to that fact.

anyway, I am pissed off. but there is nothing to be done, and in 20 years my daughter will have a good job, and that cunt will still be wiping kids asses for a little over minimum wage.

8. patrickBOOTH

Therapy? She is 5, 5 year olds throw tantrums now and again. Do you really think sending her to therapy and not just shrugging off the teacher as a psycho isn't a viable option?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011

9. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

cooking

[​IMG]

cleaning

[​IMG]

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Are Hugh Heffner?

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Hah. Just say, "Actually, I meant to include you. Let us know if you can't make it though." They'd feel quite twatty. These are people you've seen a handful of times over the course of five years and were never close to. Why are you giving it any thought?

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Lay off. Teachers work very hard.

13. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Actually, my wife did respond, I think unknowingly at first because she didn't see the bitch had signed it with her name. She was like, "Oh, I'm sorry! This isn't C***** of G***** and C***** B**********?"

I told her she should have replied "I knew there was a reason we didn't invite you petty motherfuckers to the wedding."

14. patrickBOOTH

They are also usually assholes with superiority complexes.

15. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Accusing a child of 5 of being difficult and having tantrums is one thing ,sending her to therapy is a different matter...

She might have some difficulty adjusting to school , that particular school or some individuals...

Parents tend to dismiss such comments because of theirhighly sensitive personal nature...

Just assess the situation and try to have an in-deep conversation with her to identify the potential issues...

The problem can range from underlying psychological issues to simple communication/adjustement problem...

At the end of the day , you're here to help your daughter and teachets will come and go with their likes and dislikes...
    If she has a problem ,you need to help her ..

My parents never faced the issues I had before I had major depression problems...

I'm not taking sides , just trying to help you to assess in a detached manner the situation to help your daughter..