• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Much as I'm excited to fly home and see my family and go back to my old routine I do not relish the thought of being inside a plane for 15 hours straight. Hey airplane manufacturers, instead of making bigger planes that can fit a gazillion people why not make faster trans-ocean planes that can cut travel time instead?

but they need all of the monies :confuseled:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much as I'm excited to fly home and see my family and go back to my old routine I do not relish the thought of being inside a plane for 15 hours straight. Hey airplane manufacturers, instead of making bigger planes that can fit a gazillion people why not make faster trans-ocean planes that can cut travel time instead?

Great idea. I'd name them Concord jets.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ******* hate the sound the car makes when you're about to get a flat tire - especially when its the rhythmic tapping/scraping of a bolt [embedded into the tire] onto the pavement

luckily the bolt went clean through the tire and still kept the tire sealed enough for me to pull into a safe/flat/concrete/private place to switch out the spare.

swapping out the spare wheel/tire is easy enough and takes less than 20min - but I'm pissed off at how there are huge bolts on the street from construction and ****.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is what saving whole seasons of quality TV programing on a laptop/ipad/video playback device is for.

i've watched: season 2 of The Wire from JFK to HKG. it worked a little too well though - because I stayed up watching for the whole flight and ended up trashed upon arrival.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a terrible sound to hear. almost as bad as the whoop whoop of a cop car behind you.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is what saving whole seasons of quality TV programing on a laptop/ipad/video playback device is for.
i've watched: season 2 of The Wire from JFK to HKG. it worked a little too well though - because I stayed up watching for the whole flight and ended up trashed upon arrival.

I have an enduring fear of flat tires due to an incident from about 5 or 6 years ago. I was leaving a bar in kind of a sketchy neighborhood at around 1 in the morning. Tire went flat so I put on the spare. Already bitching because it's a crappy little donut tire and I've got a long way to go to get home. Spare goes flat in less than a couple of minutes. :fu:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so i have to make a $400 repair on the master cylinder on my car. this comes a few months after a $500 brake and pad replacement. not sure if i can really justify spending $1000 in a few months on a 20 year old car.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lease a new car.

Yeah, don't think I can afford it. Haven't really looked into the economics of anything with cars because... well I've never had to. will likely just get a used car. I am poorz and i know it won't be new. I just need to save up money for the purchase.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^ There are a lot of deals on cheap cars where you can get into a new lease with no money down right now.

I did some quick reading and judging from the math I can't afford to lease.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gold and Silver are dropping, costing me a lot of money.

But I can't be pissed at things I can't control.

Other than that, nothing.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have an enduring fear of flat tires due to an incident from about 5 or 6 years ago. I was leaving a bar in kind of a sketchy neighborhood at around 1 in the morning. Tire went flat so I put on the spare. Already bitching because it's a crappy little donut tire and I've got a long way to go to get home. Spare goes flat in less than a couple of minutes. :fu:

^thats one of the worst case scenarios. yikes.
there's that heightened paranoia after putting on the spare:

you start to think "what if the spare is already/becomes flat?" "DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD, OR EVEN CONTINUE THINKING ABOUT IT - or else it might come true"

while you're driving on the spare: "what the **** was that sound? is the tire wobbling? did I tighten the bolts enough? the steering's off - its supposed to be like that right?"

the puncture happened with my wife and I were at the Delaware and Raritan Trail for a bike ride and it almost turned into a meltdown argument because we started to get paranoid about potentially being stranded [in New Jersey/Philadelphia/Delaware and finding a way back into brooklyn] with work schedules for monday morning. She initially wanted to get in the bike ride in and deal with the flat later ect while we were rolling into a church parking lot (thank you God) with the bolt scraping the asphalt.

The argument (arguments about the potential for disaster during a present disaster are a specialty for women and piss me off greatly) was averted when I just ignored her impending hissy fit and switched out the tire in 15min. She actually said out loud that she was impressed after. Women are still impressed by men who can switch out a flat tire i guess.

TimH

Reaction score

+1. I've abandoned Explorer on all my machines. Chrome and Firefox are so much better.

me too now :D

Thanks - I consider myself properly told to move on up - installed and now using - dinosaur is what I feel I am sometimes!
What about the W7 & Microsoft bit ----- Mac systems?
Best, Tim

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads