• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GF: You really are a terrible poster. If I had to rank the bottom at the moment... you, CalTex, IsteRed, erictheobscure, maybe a couple others would be vying for the bottom.

:plain: well at least someone knows my name lol, at least I have not posted of the most recent chick that was hooking up with some guy while I was being the nice guy taking her out to dinner and all. :plain:

Very close. Losing him is going to be rough.

Damn man I am sorry to hear that, I hope all turns out well. Do you guys know if he is sick?

I saw this on another message board a few days ago (Veterans Day): "A veteran is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Here is the short version of my opinion of this:
It is a crock of ****. Most veterans were never in any danger during their military careers. It is completely unnecessary to dramatize or exaggerate military service, but in this modern PC environment many folks want to do so. Let's not pretend that every veteran is some sort of hero. It is sad that to voice this opinion would result in your being shouted down in so many circles in the US.
Now if this gets your panties in a wad because you think I have no right to have this opinion, then **** you. I am a former Marine Corps officer and a Naval Aviator. Over a six year period of active duty in the Marine Corps I never witnessed an act of heroism. Not one. What I did see was a large number of people doing their assigned jobs in a professional manner. That's the reality of the US military. You are a part of a big team. You do your assigned tasks to the best of your abilities.
So, happy Veterans Day to all you vets out there. Thanks for your service.

i could not agree with you more.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hear hear. Calling everyone who serves a hero dilutes the meaning of the word and makes it less meaningful for the truly heroic.

Agree with that..

All this hero thing is bullshit...

It is a very good occasion for people stopping asking questions about military's deployment.

If you ask any question at all, you're unpatriotic.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How am I supposed to have lunch if I'm on a three hour conference?

Take your mic off and call someone in to your office and give them some money.

Very close. Losing him is going to be rough.

Eesh. Here's to many more years with you and your brother .

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So... all kinds of email problems which aren't really much compared to other stuff but... had to restart outlook and then re-opened it and all my emails are gone. now i can't even log on to my work email server in outlook.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ugh, I need more space for planting flowers and ****. If we didn't have a fully healthy hibiscus and two big camelia plants I'd be happy/have close to enough space. fml.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I still have my ipod nano, but over the weekend I lost my running armband, so now I have to carry the little ******. But, the nano (first gen) is getting really long in the tooth, kind of wanted to keep it until after the marathon but without the armband I'm kind of hosed. :(

Well, apple seems to want the thing back and hasn't indicated any charges for replacement, so this may be happening.

Bought an armband for the iphone and started transferring songs to it, to realize I don't know what all was on there in the first place. So I took the little ipod in the bag armband and it worked out okay. Once I got home, I found the little armband. *sigh*.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am so tired now. Between the household stress, the school, the work, and the training, I am lucky to be upright. Things will be better soon, but for now *YAWWWN*

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am about to buy a third kitchen sink for the same spot in the island of my new kitchen. The first one I never really opened until it was too late to return it but I realized it was just way too big for the space. So I bought a smaller one, which I was very happy with, but when they went to template the countertops yesterday they told me it was too deep (deep meaning horizontally deep); the sink would fit the cabinet but the faucet would have to go in the cabinet behind it, creating some issues in that other cabinet and also making the spout r e a l l y f a r a w a y to turn on and off. So now I am ordering a third sink.

At least I can return the second one.

Anyone want a really nice 27" undermount SS kitchen sink?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am so tired now. Between the household stress, the school, the work, and the training, I am lucky to be upright. Things will be better soon, but for now *YAWWWN*

I feel the same..

Stress at work , night shifts , looking after the twins , selling the house , buying a new place , no time to myself .............AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, you're welcome to take over the green spaces at my house. Plant to your heart's delight.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Take your mic off and call someone in to your office and give them some money.
People on the other end of the call ask me too many questions, which means I have to pay close attention during the whole 3-hour call. I don't even put my phone on mute because I'm constantly responding to questions or making comments. By the way, I'm an introverted sort, and usually don't talk much.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

People on the other end of the call ask me too many questions, which means I have to pay close attention during the whole 3-hour call. I don't even put my phone on mute because I'm constantly responding to questions or making comments. By the way, I'm an introverted sort, and usually don't talk much.

oo.. a double whammy. So you could say, if I could take a two minute break to order some lunch.

Did you keel over?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leaves :fu:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads