1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Even though I'm on top of things at work and I have a pretty good prospect lined up, I have been real tense at work today. I hate it when I should feel good but I feel like I want to break my keyboard in half.

2. West24

West24 Senior member

I hadn't played softball in three weeks before tonight because of being out of town, cancelled games, etc. But, in those three weeks I picked up golf and played probably 12 rounds - not including the hours logged at the driving range. I even hit a hole in one on a 167 par three last Friday. I'm hooked in a real bad way.

no updates on your game?[​IMG]

3. Brennan Huff

Brennan Huff Senior member

-people who baby talk animals annoy the hell out of me

4. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

-people who baby talk animals annoy the hell out of me

People who take their whiny, noisy children to the library while they look at books.
    Some of us are trying to get meaningful work done, please kindly shut your child the f*ckup. Thank you.

JB

5. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Airlines that are suddenly charging for all the stuff that used to be free. I understand oil price are high, but it hardly seems fair that they tack on huge "fuel surcharges" and then on top of that fire half their service people, and on top of that charge you for all the other stuff on flights that should be free (like food and checking in your second bag)

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

Ate dinner on a restaurant's patio last night, and two dick cops were working the street in front, ticketing people for jaywalking. They even detained a 30-something couple for a while because they were out walking their dog and didn't have their wallets on them.

7. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Ate dinner on a restaurant's patio last night, and two dick cops were working the street in front, ticketing people for jaywalking. They even detained a 30-something couple for a while because they were out walking their dog and didn't have their wallets on them.

What country do you live in? Detained because you didn't have ID to give a cop for a jaywalking ticket? That's the sort of thing they take you at your word for.

That said, we could use more people getting tickets for jaywalking here in DC.

b

8. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

That said, we could use more people getting tickets for jaywalking here in DC.

[​IMG]

9. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

[​IMG]

Oh just try to drive through Dupont Circle on a weekend afternoon. Or a weekday at rush hour. Or...wait, any time. People just don't seem to care if the BIG RED HAND is telling them not to walk.

I'm a walker, Metro-er, and Metrobus-er; very seldom a driver. I've seen more people walk in front of buses than I can fathom.

b

10. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Too many things to enumerate. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Brad

Brad Senior member

I think I just dislocated my left middle finger diving for a fly ball.

12. West24

West24 Senior member

I think I just dislocated my left middle finger diving for a fly ball.

update?

13. Brad

Brad Senior member

update?

Dude, from here on out I'm just going to PM you about my Monday night softball escapades.

I've been playing entirely too much golf. This has ruined my softball swing - not keeping my hands high enough, so I'm chopping up on the ball. No HRs this week or last.

My defense was pretty solid tonight. Missed two diving/sliding catches. I think I dislocated my left middle finger on the first attempt. After that, I played left-center pretty well.

Anything else?

14. West24

West24 Senior member

Dude, from here on out I'm just going to PM you about my Monday night softball escapades.

I've been playing entirely too much golf. This has ruined my softball swing - not keeping my hands high enough, so I'm chopping up on the ball. No HRs this week or last.

My defense was pretty solid tonight. Missed two diving/sliding catches. I think I dislocated my left middle finger on the first attempt. After that, I played left-center pretty well.

Anything else?

nice, sounds like a good game. you seem like youre having the same problems the guys who go to the home run derby do the second half of the season. but dont worry champ, kee your head up and the homeruns will come!

15. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

My mother finally called Social Services on account of my uncle and aunt. The former is an alcoholic/crackhead/neglectful bastard and the latter is a conniving bitch who has managed to decimate my grandparents' retirement funds (with plenty of help from her husband). They pay no attention to their two small children. Uncle called the house this morning and told my dad that "He'd be sorry for this," etc. My dad laughed because he knows my uncle is a coward. Threats against teh Connefam are not welcome. [​IMG]

16. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Apparently illiterate eBay buyers.

I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster. I didn't offer a BIN price, nor do I want to eff with international shipping.

At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me — no belittle me — for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item. As much as I'd like to take the money and run, it pisses me off.

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Apparently illiterate eBay buyers. I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster. I didn't offer a BIN price, nor do I want to eff with international shipping. At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me "” no belittle me "” for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item. As much as I'd like to take the money and run, it pisses me off.
    Rube...$450. Take the money!!!!

18. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Rube...$450. Take the money!!!!

Nah.
    In spite of the b.s. that eBay pulls, I think most of the people on there are straight-shooters and expect the same from me. Ending the auction early and selling to this db just isn't right.

I'll let the auction run its course and take what I get.

I was going to throw the whole damn box away, so anything's better than nothing.

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Nah.
    In spite of the b.s. that eBay pulls, I think most of the people on there are straight-shooters and expect the same from me. Ending the auction early and selling to this db just isn't right.

I'll let the auction run its course and take what I get.

I was going to throw the whole damn box away, so anything's better than nothing.

Also, this sounds like a pretty transparent attempt to get you do to exactly what he's accusing you of doing -- leave money on the table. If he's willing to give you $450 now for one of the items, that's a pretty good indication that he or someone else may be willing to pay more than $450 by the end of the auction.

20. whacked

whacked Senior member

I've listed a bunch of old newspapers and athletic even programs rather than just toss the stuff in the dumpster.

At least four times a day I get questions from buyers asking for international shipping rates and a BIN price. I had one dude berate me "” no belittle me "” for leaving a bunch of money on the table. He told me he'd PayPal me $450 immediately for one item..

If he's willing to give you $450 now for one of the items, that's a pretty good indication that he or someone else may be willing to pay more than $450 by the end of the auction.

Apparently, I've been selling the wrong things all this time. [​IMG]