1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

It's like they're giant babies.

This is the great secret of dealing with the public: assume they are all children. It actually works, sadly.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It's a fucking Boxster. Who cares?

It has nothing to do with the type of car; it has to do with the parking job (or lack thereof), obviously!

Jon.

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Ahhh, this one happens to me a lot at work. A customer complains about some policy we have, based on an incorrect assumption; when I attempt to gently provide them with the correct information, they simply stop listening - with the slack jaw, the glassy eyes, the whole bit - and then just attempt to barrel over the top of me with the same complaint as before. The especially persistent can do this 5 or 6 times before they actually get angry, because I'm not agreeing with something they just made up.

It's astounding that there's so many of them - they don't want to be reasonable, they just want to make noise. It's like they're giant babies.

I occasionally work at an optical shop that caters to politicians and celebrities (people that should have a modicum of experience with listening to others) and sadly, I have to deal with the same exact thing. It's as if people like to hear themselves talk, but what they're saying contains no substance. And they won't stop to think, "Hey, this person has all the information I need; I should listen to him." It's amazing. Working with people in a business environment has taught me a lot about human nature.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I would slash his tires. Americans can't fucking park! God, it pisses me off!

Jon.

Have you ever tried to slash a tire? They are not as slashable as you might think.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Have you ever tried to slash a tire? They are not as slashable as you might think.

Ok, so you cut their brakes...no one should get away with parking like that.

Jon.

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Jon.

OK, brake lines I can see.

7. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Cut their brakes and someone less deserving of injury could get hurt... I think the answer is clear here:

[​IMG]

8. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

It has nothing to do with the type of car; it has to do with the parking job (or lack thereof), obviously!

Jon.

Do you think that if the guy was driving a 1982 Chevy Caprice he would have bothered to take two spaces? Clearly he doesn't want his doors dinged.

Incidentally, people dinging my doors PISSES ME OFF.

Someone also recently clipped the rear bumper of my car while it was parked (properly) at Logan airport. No note, no nothing. Again, PISSING ME OFF.

9. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Do you think that if the guy was driving a 1982 Chevy Caprice he would have bothered to take two spaces? Clearly he doesn't want his doors dinged.

Someone also recently clipped the rear bumper of my car while it was parked (properly) at Logan airport. No note, no nothing. Again, PISSING ME OFF.

I did that. I had a pen but was out of paper. JK.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

As the driver of a late model luxury German car, I can completely understand, at the same time, I am careful when I open and close my doors, if everyone was that careful, there would be no door dings.

Jon.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

So the fact that someone has something to gain through unduly selfish behavior makes it ok?

Actually, how obnoxious I find that parking job depends on whether he's in the closest spot to whatever building is served by that parking lot or the farthest spot (it looks like there are no more spots to the left). As long as there are enough spaces to go around -- people who park like that during, say, the holiday shopping crunch at the mall are inarguably tools -- then I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they are taking spaces farther out and thus not really inconveniencing anyone else.

12. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

So the fact that someone has something to gain through unduly selfish behavior makes it ok?

No, on the contrary, I don't think it's okay at all. Now, if he were driving a 1965 classic Mercedes sportscar, it might be a different story, subject to what you say below.

vvvvvvvvvv

Actually, how obnoxious I find that parking job depends on whether he's in the closest spot to whatever building is served by that parking lot or the farthest spot (it looks like there are no more spots to the left). As long as there are enough spaces to go around -- people who park like that during, say, the holiday shopping crunch at the mall are inarguably tools -- then I don't see anything wrong with it as long as they are taking spaces farther out and thus not really inconveniencing anyone else.

13. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

On my G4 Powerbook when I hit F4 or F5 to change the volume and it doesn't happen for like 30 seconds while the fucking thing chugs...

14. Eason

Eason Senior member

Yeah, so the woman in the office two doors down from mine has a mouse in her office and she's seriously LOSING HER SHIT. It's a goddamn mouse, grow the fuck up. It's not going to do anything to you. It's a MOUSE. Christ. What the fuck is it going to do to you, exactly, that requires that you forever damage my hearing in order to alert everyone in the motherfucking building to the presence of a 4-inch long creature without any conceivable way to harm you? How goddamn high do you think it's capable of jumping, anyway? Perhaps you're afraid it will sprout wings, fly into your ear, and eat your brains? For the mouse's sake, I hope not, because that poor bastard's gonna starve in there. This pissed me off enough that I actually sent an email to a friend bitching about this.

BWag, for saying things like "I was working on getting the shoegaze guitar tone to end all shoegaze guitar tones" when I'm trying to hate him for hating cats. You're making it more difficult.

I would love to have a mouse at my office, mice are so adorable ^^

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

The onset of summer is pissing me off

16. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sigh. Tomorrow night is the yearly Music Festival across France, and there is apparently some pre-Festival tonight going on not far away. It's far enough away that the guy belting out Little Richard songs sounds like he's had his tongue ripped out and is being horribly raped. It's distracting.

17. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Agreed, I hate summer.

Also, people you have no intention of ever talking to again, who can't stop talking about you.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

19. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Deer keep eating the leaves of my young fruit trees. And gophers, of course.

20. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I would slash his tires. Americans can't fucking park! God, it pisses me off!

Jon.

What would piss me off about that is he thinks he's so much better than everyone, that he gets to park his cheap-ass Porsche in two spots. I'm with Jon. Tool.

As for slashing, those pesky sidewall belts are a pain. But stabbing with the point of a fixed-blade knife is highly effective. Less damaging, but equally entertaining, is the fun that can be had if you carry around a toolbox, and happen to have inside a teensy little valve removal tool.