Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Well, the thing is that I sent it to her because she has content to add to the deck.. and it's not due until December... I was just polishing it up and trying to let her know that we're in a good position.

I never should have told her that it was 95% done. That set the expectation when there never was one to begin with. I should have just sent her the deck and told her about the changes I made.

Fuck.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Sorry dude.

I'm guessing this was pretty bad for you to hear? I would like to point out that the stuff you post in here always seems to work out quite well and your fears were never justified. So I predict that trend continues.

Anyway, I realized today I am incompetent at my job. I guess though, that means I am overpaid. Bright side of everything I guess.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

greenfrog the more posts i read of yours the more i think you are retarded

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Sorry to hear this. I was just posting in some other thread this week that 40-something Piob would like to tell teenage/early 20 Piob not to fuck up his joints by doing a lot of heavy/max weight reps. Getting old is not for the faint of heart. I hope they can help slow/stop the advance for you.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

That is rough to hear: you work to be healthy and get this in return. Sucks.

On the flip side...Mrs. T is looking at a similar condition and is also doing the PT with hopes that she'll get back to 80% normal function, and she's pretty much the polar opposite from you in terms of health and activity. So it might not be wholly attributable to lifting

I had a service do mine up, but I still spent hours on the questionnaire and have edited it from time to time. It is really hard work but worth it if it moves you to something bigger and better.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

after a week full of homework and stress, I just want to chill out and play call of duty all night

girlfriend decides she wants to have a dinner date and sleepover

[​IMG]

7. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

@GreenFrog The ability to make a good deck that is free from formatting errors is something that takes years of practice. You just started your job a few months ago, correct? The reality is, and don't take this the wrong way, but recent grads working in their first jobs don't know anything yet. I used to make mistakes like that all the time when I first started working. Now, when I watch younger people work, I cringe at how slow and inept they can be (not saying that you are this bad).

Sometimes I have to go all Nick Burns (Your Company's Computer Guy) on people and kick them off of their machines so that we can get work done on time and to the levels of professionalism that are required of our work. I always make it a point to go back after the fact and teach the youngins' how to do certain things and ways they can improve their performance going forward.

[​IMG]

8. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

jeez, sorry man. that sucks. hope it somehow gets better not worse

thanks. i finally was able to finish it at almost 2AM. i actually got a TON of help from a fellow forumite, could not have done it without him. in the end i am very pleased and proud with how it came out. i already sent it out to a few people, i hope it does move me to something bigger and better!

___

pissing me off though is that when i am under heavy stress i get really terrible stomach pains that require much time in the bathroom :(

9. Teger

Teger Senior member

in some ways my family are sf personified. 'look at my jlc reverso its vintage!' 'these are shell cordovan!' 'its a barbour!'

10. gort

gort Senior member

At least he didn't try to sneak in how much money he is making in that post.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

No Filson? For shame...

12. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Really sorry to hear this. I'm hoping the best for you.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. He made a rookie mistake.

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

This is really minor and miniscule in the grand scheme of things, but facebook for iphone is totally, irredeemably fucked up. I have a message: oh, no I don't. I have a friend request: oh, no I don't. Comments: no comments.

15. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

you did not have enough :fu:'s in that post to really convey your frustration.