• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
grandfather died of a heart attack tonight. he was talking with my grandmother and my uncle (who is a doctor) and just fell over. uncle tried to revive him but he was gone before he hit the floor.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

grandfather died of a heart attack tonight. he was talking with my grandmother and my uncle (who is a doctor) and just fell over. uncle tried to revive him but he was gone before he hit the floor.

Jesus christ that's awful. My condolences to you and your family. I know you're going through a rough time. If you feel like you need to vent to someone my PM box is always open.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
thanks but i should be ok. i wasn't especially close with him (he was a very stoic new englander), but im worried about my grandmother. taking a train up to DC tomorrow then driving up to buffalo with my dad tomorrow night (7 hours in the car with him will be really fun). just kind of strange to get a phone call from my dad that was like 'my dad died'

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Very sorry to hear that Teger. My sincere condolences. Best wishes to your family and my heart goes out to your grandmother.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your grandfather, teger, but at least he went quickly. Hope your grandmother works through this.

Pissing me off today is a 6a-7p Wednesday. No bueno for old man.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I went to vote yesterday ("No" on Sunday sales of booze) and as I was walking in to my alma mater, the Archbishop of Atlanta just left from voting. I talked to him for a minute or two and was quite literally starstruck. I think he was taken aback by how happy I was to meet him.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stacks are always great on my right leg and always suck on my left leg.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

that is sad. on the one hand its nice to die around family, on the other hand its sad for your grandmother and uncle to have to have seen it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my shoulder is giving me a lot of grief. I have been trying to really improve my bench press dramatically before my birthday in 3 months, and have been lifting 3 times a week, and I think I might have to come to a realization that my body cant' handle it. in a lot of pain, but more than that I think that I will have to stop pressing for a while to rest.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thanks but i should be ok. i wasn't especially close with him (he was a very stoic new englander), but im worried about my grandmother. taking a train up to DC tomorrow then driving up to buffalo with my dad tomorrow night (7 hours in the car with him will be really fun). just kind of strange to get a phone call from my dad that was like 'my dad died'

Go and support your gran because she really needs it ...

It is sad she did witness him going...

In the same time , he didn't suffer too long ...

I know it is a stupid thing to say but it is still better than dying slowly for a long illness and seeing yourself and your loved ones going down slowly sometimes in a great deal of pain.

My thoughts are with your gran, yourself and your family..

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stitches, you need to dump those drinks. Move to water or even Pellegrino. Pellegrino can't be much more than all that Snapple and stuff.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had quite possibly one of the shittest days of my life today

1. went to the bank today to set up an account for my job starting in 6 days, had to walk into town so thats about a 2 mile walk. I called the bank on the phone and they said I need my passport and a letter to my house addressed to me, any letter they said. I get there and I have to wait half an hour until some women asks to see the letter I brought and it turns out it has to be a specific letter, a uni acceptance letter (I brought rejection one) or a tax letter or like heating letter. Im not gonna have either of those until I either get into uni or have my own house so I can't even open a bank account.

2. My form tutor from sixth form emailed me telling me my teachers are no longer willing to predict me the grades they said they were gonna predict me because they do not remember talking to me about them, which they did. ******* marsupialed chemistry and maths teachers do not remember telling me they're predicting me As even though they emailed my form tutor telling me they were predicting me As so now im applying to uni with no predicted grades, which basically means im not gonna get in so I have to have another gap year and apply with my real grades next year.

3. The place where im supposed to start work in 6 days called me up and told me they no longer need me even though I've read all there safety ****, signed all the liability **** signed the ******* contract for the job, spent hours going to some ****** hiring firm and doing some basic english and numeracy **** test to prove that im not some marsupial who can't read and waited the last 3 months to start this job when I could have been looking for a job that would have actually gone through instead of just wasting my time and telling me at the last minute they no longer need me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads