Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Ive been eating and drinking so much i dont think i'm a sexay beast right now :(

2. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

eBay buyer is trying to rip me off.

3. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

If you want calories w/o carbs, then you need meats,dairy, and NUTS. Can't stress nuts enough as they have proteins, vitamins, and good fats. When it comes to meat, seafood is a winner. Also, you don't have to abandon carbs. but you should move away from "refined" carbs. You can eat bread, but it needs to be whole wheat. If you want to eat rice, make sure it's brown rice.

As for Snapple, is it diet or regular? Diet is probably fine, although artificial sweeteners can stimulate a demand for carbs. Regular is a product of the devil. It's loaded with sugar (doesn't matter if it's cane sugar or HFCS) all of those types of beverages are very calorie dense. If you drink four of them a day, that could be an easy way to shed 500-800 calories from your diet.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Waking up two hours before alarm and not be able to fall back asleep :fu:

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

If you're drinking Snapple make it the sugar free type. Personally, I think water or Pelligrino is the way to go.

There are a crap ton of foods (calories) without simple carbs. If you up your veggies you do not need to count calories. Just try and get most of your proteins from lean sources (don't sweat it if you have some foie gras, etc, as we're talking trends here, not particular meals) and eat lots of veggies. You do not have to count calories as the bulk from the veggies and the satiation from normal proteins (not fat free this, etc.) will kick in and you'll find you just want to eat less. I did not go on a caloric restriction diet I just changed my entire way of eating.

Do not eat rice or bread for a few months. You can bring some back in but get strict for a bit. Also, limit quantities. Whole wheat bread and brown rice will not work when you are starting and you still need to keep them as treats vs. normal foods. Do not eat high sugar fruits and do not eat carrots. Lots of cruciferous veggies, cabbage, etc. For salad dressing get low carb ones, like blue cheese. However, get the full fat version as it tastes way better.

Here's a sample menu for me during the week:

Monday: coffee for breakfast with real cream. Lunch a small salad with a chicken breast. Dinner home made coleslaw with a couple of home made grilled sausages.

That's pretty typical all week for me. On weekends, I try to stick to one meal but will eat whatever I feel like, although even then I do not gorge on carbs. So I might have a couple bottles of wine, cheese, charcuterie, and 1/3 of a fresh baguette sliced up. I also take 2-3 hours over that meal, chat with Mrs. Piob, listen to chill music...it's a treat to just exist and nibble good food while visiting with the wife after a busy week.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Do you work out at all during the week?

7. patrickBOOTH

Even worse is being tired enough to fall back asleep but waking to see it is 10 minutes before your alarm. Anticipation ruins that 10 minutes for good sleep you could have had.

8. Piobaire

I do some walking daily and that's about it. I have retained all the muscle mass that a post-40 desk jockey can reasonably expect to retain and the eating change has had no discernable muscle wasting. In fact, I feel generally more energetic, my bad knee has not bugged me since dropping 50#s, and we hike etc. whenever we feel like it now.

9. patrickBOOTH

Pretty much the same for me. I walk a lot, despite all of these people pushing weights on me for better circulation and resting motabolism I could really care less. Not needing muscle is a sign of evolution and alpha 1%ness.

10. Piobaire

I still pack a pretty healthy dose of lean body mass but I'm just not pursuing it as I did 20 years ago. Also, my thighs have always been my most muscular body part so the walking benefits what is naturally my best body part. I do agree that raising one's basal by putting on lean body mass is a very good solution for long term weight loss. I keep thinking about a serious geezer work out 2x weekly but seem unmotivated. Probably a couple years when I buy another house as I plan to set up a home gym.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

@ biggskip 7 piob.

thanks guys, ill take that into account.

i do consume copious amounts of terrible drinks like snapple during the day. likely 1000 calories worth and lots of sugars and carbs. the wife has been badgering me to switch to water since forever. looks like its time to listen to her. whats new right?

12. patrickBOOTH

Do what I do and only consume coffee and apples during the day. You haven't lived until you experience hunger pains, an ulcer, and a caffiene high all at once. :slayer:

13. patrickBOOTH

I think when you walk into the elevator in your office building it is time to turn off your ipod and remove the headphones.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

caffine doesnt do anything for me. it usually kicks in at 1AM when im trying to go to bed. but that sounds like a great combo.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Your poor colon....