• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of cold. I woke up last night and it was cold, so I get up in the dark and, I assume, turn on the heater. I wake up this morning and it's freezing. Like, see your breath freezing. Turns out I not only turned on the AC, but I turned it to "On" instead of "auto".

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's a long story, but she seems to be having some kind of issue lately since she started in a new school. it's not a simple issue. and it's hard on my wife when I am not around and she has to deal with it by herself. none of our other kids have had tantrums like this, and this girl didn't, until she started with this new school. I am not sure if "tantrum" is even the right word - she gets very upset and won't stop crying for a long time. it doesn't happen at home, it didn't happen in last years class, it doesnt' happen in other activities. so it is strange.

Ah. Yeah seems tough if your kid is so distressed. Maybe she's being picked on?

Edit - ah, already addressed above. Good luck.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

speaking of cold. I woke up last night and it was cold, so I get up in the dark and, I assume, turn on the heater. I wake up this morning and it's freezing. Like, see your breath freezing. Turns out I not only turned on the AC, but I turned it to "On" instead of "auto".

:laugh:

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My boss just showed up at the office a half hour ago and he's still drunk from last night. I've got **** to review with him before he leaves for a week and he is in no state to make any decisions. This is the first day this week he arrived in the office before noon.

I actually get along with him very well and he is promoting me within the company and giving me more and more responsibility, all of which is good. However, he is on a self destructive path for a few months now. Career wise he is stable, it is his personal life that is a mess. Another co-worker and I were discussing it (she is close with him) this morning and it's getting to the point where I a need to call him out on his behavior. I am not worried about him being offended he actually expects me to be honest and call him out on his **** but i still don't want to have to go there.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My boss just showed up at the office a half hour ago and he's still drunk from last night. I've got **** to review with him before he leaves for a week and he is in no state to make any decisions. This is the first day this week he arrived in the office before noon.
I actually get along with him very well and he is promoting me within the company and giving me more and more responsibility, all of which is good. However, he is on a self destructive path for a few months now. Career wise he is stable, it is his personal life that is a mess. Another co-worker and I were discussing it (she is close with him) this morning and it's getting to the point where I a need to call him out on his behavior. I am not worried about him being offended he actually expects me to be honest and call him out on his **** but i still don't want to have to go there.

You're lucky to have a good relationship with your boss...

I'm quite lucky too with my managers..

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is he hiring?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone definitely needs to call him on it. The employees are going to take their cues from management and if he is coming in late and acting irresponsibly it's only a matter of time before the whole office starts acting that way and the business goes down the tubes.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ this ^^

I went to the gas station and got 2 prepackaged cream cheese cakes to snack on today. After eating the first one (was awesome) I checked the nutrition facts. 880 mother effing calories. Now I feel too gross to eat the second one.

Last edited:

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ this ^^
I went to the gas station and got 2 prepackaged cream cheese cakes to snack on today. After eating the first one (was awesome) I checked the nutrition facts. 880 mother effing calories. Now I feel too gross to eat the second one.

That is disturbing.

That is also why I rarely eat anything from gas stations other than protein and granola bars...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^ this ^^

I used to have a habit of buying cakes like that when I would go on road trips. I'd get one every time I stopped for gas, but then one day I read the ingredients and calories. Never again will I eat one.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

One of the groups I'm in, and have been for about 5 years now, has been stunningly listless the past 2 years. Just amazingly unfocused, no direction, literally no goals, nothing happening. 3 years ago we had people making stupid and incompetent decision that fucked us up. We should be the leading chapter for our state organization but we aren't at the moment. We went from having 40-50 people at meetings 3 years ago to now having 5/6 of 8 officers and maybe, one n00b who never comes back. Anyway, elections were last night and the incumbent (IP) was thankfully stepping down.

so anyway, one of my friends (FA) was running for prez. He'd do a good job. However, a long-standing feud with a really close of friend of mine (FB) came up because FB hates FA. FA is a past prez of the org, hadn't been to a meeting in months, orchestrated a way to get the IP to run again and win by bringing other dudes who hadn't been to a meeting in, probably all year.

Now, FA got wind of the **** hitting the fan earlier in the day, tried to call FB to say, look, fine whatever, can one of the other officers run. FB wouldn't even take the call. Now, FB is married to another dear friend of mine (FC) who is also really good friends with FA. FC told FB about the deal, he said he'd be cool if FC deleted FA's number and never spoke to him again. Obviously that's a little extreme for the situation so that didn't happen.

2012 is a critical year for the org and we're just going to do nothing like last year and flounder along which is the worst thing. I'm pissed at my friend for being so petty and there's more.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^ this ^^

you have let me down stich. :plain:

lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads