Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

couple of things:

1. my difficult report, the sales manager from egypt, is driving me nuts again. we had a meeting in the US this week, and everything went great, but he was just acting like a huge pain in the ass the whole week, showing off and making a lot of noise and causing issues. he is just a big fucking baby, and it is annoying me. unfortunatly, he is very good at closing business, so it would be expensive to fire him.

2. I was away from home this week, and one of my daughers had a few tantrums at school, and it was very hard on my wife. I feel bad for my daughter, and for my wife, but I am not sure what I can do about it.

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i love that feeling. blood rushing to your face, heart pumping, body slightly shaking, fists clenched, reaction time is split second....hell of a feeling. sorry that you almost got killed though.

i was there once. everyone i met was a dentist, weird place.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Why do you feel bad for your kid who threw a tantrum? Why was your kid's tantrum a big effect on your wife?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Skype. Or Facetime if you're a mac user. Daddy's never more than a computer screen away.

5. globetrotter

It's a long story, but she seems to be having some kind of issue lately since she started in a new school. it's not a simple issue. and it's hard on my wife when I am not around and she has to deal with it by herself. none of our other kids have had tantrums like this, and this girl didn't, until she started with this new school. I am not sure if "tantrum" is even the right word - she gets very upset and won't stop crying for a long time. it doesn't happen at home, it didn't happen in last years class, it doesnt' happen in other activities. so it is strange.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

hmmm.... I hope its not a bullying issue, z.

7. globetrotter

thanks.

I think that I have a pretty good understanding of what it is, and it's complex. she is very bright, and she has trouble with her speach (she's been in speach therapy for almost a year). she has stuff that she wants to say, and the other kids don't understand her well. last year, she was in a class with several kids who knew her well, so if it was difficult for them to understand her, they would take the time to figure out what she was trying to say, and she was happy about that. this year, 2/3rds of the kids are new to her, and they can't be bothered to try to figure out what she is trying to say. on top of that, her twin sister has much better speach, and is much more sociable, so she is seeing that the other kids prefer her sister.

she's going to have to learn to live with frustration, but she is in that learning curve right now, she is very frustrated, and some days are worse than others. I also think that the teachers are a little soft with her - if she tried to have a tantrum at home we'd shut it down, we tell her that's unaaceptable and she calms down. either because they have too many kids, or because they are pussies, her teachers don't shut it down, and allow it to develop into full fledged tantrums, which isn't helpful to anybody.

to put it in perspective, I think that most kids go through periods of this type of frustration, it's part of life. but its not fun to watch it happen to your kid. on top of that, my wife is entering into a period when I will be traveling more, and she knows that, and so she knows that she will be facing a lot of this on her own.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

GT, sorry to hear about your daughter but it sounds as if you have a very good handle on it, and as difficult as it is for you to watch happen, I'm sure you are going to give her the proper support and get her through this.

Pissing me off today is my usual issue: impending old age. Last night I raised several toasts to my best friend, on the anniversary of his death, and am sadly feeling it this morning. 5:30 came extremely early today and I have a mild headache with a major case of dragg-ass.

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm sorry about your pal, Pio. :( Did you ever look into that heart thing you think you have???

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I also have twins and have some speech issues...

My little girl is super bright but only use a restricted vocabulary and the boy is well... a boy.

He is physically super active but slower to understand commands and is more rough and ready...

It is common in twins...

Hope everything will be fine for her.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

Disgusting fucking mumbling bumbling stumbling junkies.

12. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Junkies just bug me.

I can't understand how someone can put himself is such a suicidal path...

I just don't get them..

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The abdominal aneurysm? No, like most people, the symptom went away so now I'm not doing anything. I will mention it to my own PCP next time I visit him.

Whoops. I'm going to have a rountine doc visit. Ataturk will be over here to tell me how he's right $1.00 oxy pills are big business! :laugh:

14. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

It was supposed to be cold this morning...that's not the case.

:plain:

15. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Tell me about it. Lambswool cardigan underneath my jacket got me pretty warm while walking to work when the sun was shining directly on me...