Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

Shipping delays :paranoia: what's with the week long delay from shipping info received to accepted at USPS sort facility? And why is it accepted on Saturday night at 9:52PM?
    Would have expected it to be here by now... looks as though it will be at least another couple of days to get past the border, get sorted in Toronto, and delivered to my home.

Your item was processed through our ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) facility on October 24, 2011 at 1:23 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Detailed Results:

Processed Through Sort Facility, October 24, 2011, 1:23 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Arrived at Sort Facility, October 24, 2011, 1:08 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, October 22, 2011, 9:52 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
    Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility, October 22, 2011, 9:52 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032
    Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2011

2. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

The family cat has been noticeably unwell lately. After a couple of days of scant eating, she went to the vet. Vet said she had lost 3 pounds pretty rapidly and took some bloodwork. Found out today she likely has a tumor in her digestive tract. My parents are putting her down tomorrow.

She was never a friendly cat, though she was comfortable around me. It's a bit sad but she is 12 and had a nice long life.

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Sorry to hear this. Both of our dogs are getting old and I am dreading the day they get put down.

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I put my dog down in April. I was the last one in the room with him as they put him down. Was a terribly sad day.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

My mom called me when I was in college to tell me that the cat that I loved and grew up with had been put down. She was 21. Just to think I was washing my then year old raw denim jeans for the first time and listening to "Say it ain't so" by Weezer when I got that call. Terrible day.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

all of the pets i had as a kid met untimely deaths. i wont have one any more partially for that reason.

7. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Motherfucker :brick: :brick: :brick:

8. chrisjr

chrisjr Senior member

one of the worst days of my life, losing the portuguese water dog i grew up with. thought about getting his paw tatted on my calf but common sense prevailed. still miss that guy a ton.

9. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Oh my God. I'm such a dumbass. I just made a $275 mistake. Advice: Copy your keys and give them to someone before you lock yourself out of the place you just moved into 15 minutes ago.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Losing my German Shepherd five years ago was one of the saddest days of my life. She was 16, and her time had come. My current dog brings me immense joy, daily, but I still miss my GS.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I did that when I moved into my place. I ended up having to ask my neighbor to allow me passage through her apartment, out the window, into the fire escape area and into my window (luckily it was unlocked).

Congrats on your new place.

12. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Thanks. The place next door is under renovations, so they had scaffolding set up about 6 feet from my window on the 3rd floor. I considered climbing it and punching the window screen out because I left it open, but I decided I could have killed myself. I think I also got taken by the locksmith. He said he was going to try to pick it, and that it would cost 1$50, and if that didn't work he would drill it for $250. So he tried to pick it, but I'm guessing he probably failed to pick it on purpose so he could drill it for an extra $100. Drilling it literally took 15 seconds. I should have told him no drills whatsoever, and he probably would have magically found a way to pick it and that would have saved me $100.

Fuck me. New Yorkers are outsmarting me.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

dammit. Another accounting exam, and this time I am genuinely worried about the outcome. I thought I understood the material well enough two weeks ago, but I missed class last week and now, the more I look at it the stupider I feel. So I'm going to stop reading now.

14. jhaneash

jhaneash Member

Locked myself out of my house...so annoying!

15. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I've written two accounting exams in the last two weeks. They're a real bitch. What accounting is it?