Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

What if they hav 5% body fat and are wearing a tourbillion?

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

The last time I got a ticket, I was pretty pissed off about it. I mostly drive like an old lady -- or a very careful old man. There was this road out by my in-laws' house, four lanes, wide as a highway, huge intersections, and no construction on either side. The posted limit was 25 -- totally absurd. I was doing maybe 40 (probably a little less) and the effing county sherrifs had set a speed trap. Just a total con. Set a silly speed limit that you know people are going to break, and then bust them for it and collect the revenue. Nice.

A few years later -- AFTER all the houses, apartment buildings and strip malls had gone up on both sides of the road -- they raised the limit to 45. I want my money back.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Now that Koreans
    are the new Jews, the old Jews
    can move to Boca

You are behind the times; the old Jews are already in Boca, which begs the question Matt: when are you moving to Boca?

Jon.

4. imageWIS

What if they hav 5% body fat and are wearing a tourbillion?

I wish I had a Tourbillon. SoCal, will you buy one for me?

Jon.

5. imageWIS

The last time I got a ticket, I was pretty pissed off about it. I mostly drive like an old lady -- or a very careful old man. There was this road out by my in-laws' house, four lanes, wide as a highway, huge intersections, and no construction on either side. The posted limit was 25 -- totally absurd. I was doing maybe 40 (probably a little less) and the effing county sherrifs had set a speed trap. Just a total con. Set a silly speed limit that you know people are going to break, and then bust them for it and collect the revenue. Nice.

A few years later -- AFTER all the houses, apartment buildings and strip malls had gone up on both sides of the road -- they raised the limit to 45. I want my money back.

Speeding tickets are just another revenue stream for municipalities / counties.

Jon.

6. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Interestingly enough the last 2 days I have seen cops swarming and stopping people all over Boca Raton / Delray. I guess they need to up their "˜revenue stream'.

Jon.

Maybe the homicidal truck driver is actually a city revenue enhancement officer.

7. imageWIS

Maybe the homicidal truck driver is actually a city revenue enhancement officer.

He wasn't homicidal, he was just a bad driver who didn't see me when he turned far too quickly in a massive vehicle, without using his turn signal or apparently looking to see if any other car was in the lane before he turned.

Are you all done then with the supercilious nonsense?

Jon.

8. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

The last time I got a ticket, I was pretty pissed off about it. I mostly drive like an old lady.
    Why am I somehow not surprised?

I wish I had a Tourbillon. SoCal, will you buy one for me?
    Are you prepared to do what it takes and whip up some Hollandaise?

Are you all done then with the supercilious nonsense?

Jon.

When I saw you'd posted in this thread, I assumed you were pissed I hadn't been paying attention to you.

9. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Are you all done then with the supercilious nonsense? Jon.
    Not quite. Can you be truly sure that what may have appeared at the time as the careless vehicular menace of an untutored brute wasn't in actuality the carefully choreographed subterfuge of an honest, underpaid and hardworking civil servant? [​IMG]

10. Violinist

Violinist Distinguished Member

Indeed. And speaking as somebody who doesn't know any of the parties involved, I must say it reflects pretty poorly on your character. Especially when you go to the trouble of digging photos to laugh at and quotations to distort and quote out of context.

His response is indeed too long and over the top, but at least it helped me understand, for example, how you guys were distoting his quotes. It was useful at least for one person.

Yea man, because it was me who found that photo. That's some good reporting.

11. Violinist

Violinist Distinguished Member

12. KJT

KJT Distinguished Member

You know what has been pissing me off lately? People seem to be using the word "had" in places where it shouldn't be used.

Example:

"I had called him earlier, but he wasn't home."

It sounds so dumb to me. It's probably just me noticing it, but I keep hearing people speak that way and it irks me beyond belief. Has anyone else noticed this speech pattern?

13. imageWIS

Not quite.

Can you be truly sure that what may have appeared at the time as the careless vehicular menace of an untutored brute wasn't in actuality the carefully choreographed subterfuge of an honest, underpaid and hardworking civil servant?

Quite sure.

Jon.

14. imageWIS

When I saw you'd posted in this thread, I assumed you were pissed I hadn't been paying attention to you.

I hadn't noticed.

Jon.

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

^KJT-- Can't say I've ever noticed it personally.

Pissing me off right now is that my trucking company has an enclosed carhaul division--- great idea right? You see all those carhaulers that leave the cars in open air and think that there could possibly be damage, so we basically have a van trailer with the appropriate equipment to haul cars in it-- customers love it. No dust, no chips or scratches from road debris, great idea.

OUR DRIVERS ARE TERRIBLE!

Yesterday we moved a 2008 Jaguar XKR 2dr. convertible---$102,000 car. The stupid-assed driver puts a scratch about 3 feet in length starting at the front of the car, across the rim, and into the door panel.

And since we're self-insured, and I'm in the Risk department-- guess who gets to deal with the guy who received the scratched car?
    Awesome. [​IMG]