Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Are you sure it was tear gas? ;)

*edit* dammit rambo!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Bombed a phone interview. :(

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I assure you sir, I am.

[​IMG]

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

As a marketing person, I endorse this pic.

5. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Not to rub salt in the wound, but how so? I have a hard time evaluating phone interviews, not actually having someone to look at for signals makes it tough.

6. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

my older sister may have a problem with her aorta (incidental finding during a routine check up x-ray).

It turns out that my sister told my mother and they had a huge argument about it (my sister is too afraid to get the followup CT scan and cardio referral that was ordered by the general doc). They argued heavily (my mom probably freaked out and demanded to see the x-ray [she's a radiologist]).

I'm pissed that my mother set me up to walk into a buzzsaw and mentioned my sister's x-ray to me in passing (baiting me into calling to ask for more information).

Of course I call my sister 5min later and now my sister is yelling at me to stay out of it and forbids me or my mother to see the x-ray or get in touch with her doctor.

it could be nothing or something but now its a huge clusterfuck. If I force my way in and find out by sneaking a peek at the scan she might find out and never talk to me again (she's done this before over a lot less and we didn't talk for years).

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I don't get people refusing to get treatment for a life-threathning problem..

It is not a life sentence and things can be done about it...

8. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

well the women in my family are granite headed and manipulative.

she's only in her early 40's (with no prior symptoms) so the odds are its just the odd calcification (no big deal) and the doctor who did the company check up was just being safe.

if my mother was just honest with me and told me the whole truth (about my sis freaking out and the huge argument) then I could've just called her doctor and asked to see the x-ray and his assessment (off the record) and then called my sister about it. but since my mom had to do the female thing and trick me into calling my sister beforehand now I'm being barred from even asking now.

I'll end up having to call and ask off the record anyway, but now there's all sorts of ethical/legal shit I have to deal with (my sister is a very very vindictive attorney who basically financially crippled her ex-husband because she wanted to).

9. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry about that.

I can understand an older person not wanting treatment for something lethal, but a younger person needs to really know what is going on with them. but that said, I guess it's her right, and nothing you can do about it

10. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Why not just be her brother, since you're not her doctor?

11. otc

otc Senior member

I had to go a client's office by surprise for the first time ever today....and it had to be the one day EVER where I haven't showered and am dressed shitty.

Since my floors are getting redone, I didn't have access to my shower this morning and most of my clothes are sort of packed away. Yesterday I showered in the office and I planned to do the same but the shitty weather made me get to work with no time to spare...so I fixed my hair and sat down at my desk.
    Not dressed that bad in comparison to the average person...but I don't have on very nice pants or shoes and am wearing a vneck sweater only to cover up the fact that I didn't iron my shirt--I would have done this differently if not for getting 5 minutes notice that I needed to hop a taxi to the client.

Also, I was there for kind of a shitty reason but it turned out well because there was an error in the model and I was present and able to correct it (if not for that error, there was very little reason for me to be there since I was being used as a human-powered voice-activated computer input device).
    In the end though it was a good thing since I was able to fix it and interact with some pretty important people...I just wish I wasn't wearing DBs.

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I'm 2.5 months into my job and I still don't get much client interaction. I get a bit of exposure, but never get to run anything. I just sit in the meetings and shut the fuck up unless someone asks me a question, which has never happened.

:(

13. forex

forex Senior member

Close friend's brother (who I knew well) was murdered by six people,beaten,shot and stabbed to death and mutilated. I don't know how people can be such fucking animals. All you whiners be thankful that you are healthy and alive. What a fucking day.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I posted a troll status on facebook about how occupy wall street is stupid and wrote 'greed is good' - gordon gekko as a status and no one bit.

15. mr.orange

mr.orange Senior member

What a terrible thing to hear forex. I can't even stand people beating dogs, and now this? It's so infuriating. What I wouldn't give to see those types of people suffer their own actions. I know it's tough for your close friend's family, but I hope the best for them.