1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Just tell them you already give to their particular charity. They're happy you give already (not) and you're happy you don't have to feel bad by ignoring them or have to put up with their jibber jabber on donating.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Nope they try and get you for more. They just always come up to me with some "clever" :rolleyes: remark about my clothing. I smile say thank you and keep walking. There was one time this girl kept following me and I turned around and I said, "Fuck those children, how about that?" She looked horrified.

Yes, I did donate to the Ronald McDonald House thank you very much.

1 person likes this.
  3. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

There used to be a particular charity (I don't recall the name) that use to prey on people near Wall St. The recruits were all young men and woman who would give you an unusual big smile and even hug you just to get you to stop and listen to them. I was nauseous from their methods.

4. hobo style

hobo style Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I ignore the fuck out of them, even if it pains me a little bit. I already have my charities and I donate to them through the Interwebz.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

Sincere thanks to everyone. I know I should be grateful that I have a job. Even if I'm not where I want to be, it's better to have something that allows me to pick and choose, rather than being desperate for anything that comes along. Plus, the interview was for a mostly lateral move, albeit for more money and a more attractive type of work, so maybe this is for the best. Still, it stings. I really thought I would at least get to the second interview. I mean, I walked out thinking I completely rocked the interview, and my credentials are perfect for what they want.

I've thought about asking for feedback, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Thanks, guys. I suppose I hadn't really thought of that; it certainly makes me feel better. There could be someone out there who was already on the short list, so to speak.

I also have to keep in mind that I was applying in an area (Atlanta) that has seen double-digit unemployment since pretty much the start of the recession. There's no telling who I'm competing against, and there's not much I can do if someone comes in with similar credentials and considerably more experience. Or someone who would do the job for cheaper.

Thanks, Conne. Good luck hanging on to the new job.

Thanks, Stitch.

So, uh, does that new place you're at have any openings?

I don't think it's fair to blame charities for your boners.

6. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I wrote a haiku about how my day is going

A splash of water
    Turtle playing in a pond?
    no, phone in toilet
    :fu:

7. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Put it in my haiku thread.

8. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

OMG how did I not know there was a haiku thread? :excited:

9. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I know the feeling MrG. There was a job opportunity that I was told I was a shoe in for. Nailed the interviews, nailed the tests, and had several recommendations from experienced people already working there. I didn't get the job. I was crushed because the money was almost 50% more than I was making at the time. Don't let it get you down!

10. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

I saw my fat latino neighbor kid wave down a ice cream truck today....I tried to tell him not to waste 5 bucks on ice cream from a truck when the associated supermarket down the street has haagendaz pints on sale for $2.50

He thanked me, and proceeded to get a soft serve dipped in sprinkles anyway... I saw him 10min later when I was on my way to get something out of my car... he was carrying a plastic Associated grocery bag... that had two Haagendaz pints in it...

:fu:

its only march 5 and there are fucking ice cream trucks trolling children in NYC....

i guess its supposed to hit 70ºF this thursday...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  11. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Don't judge a member by his avatar - I haven't hit 40 yet.

12. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

dont you go calling me an asshole like that. :angry:

im sure i could make an opening for you. wait, that didnt come out right. im sure there is a position i would like you in. shit, i mean im sure there a void you could fill. DAMN IT!

i think there could be a job available for you here. there we go.

lol :(

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

:bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

So...

shitty roommate... goddamnit do I hate this kid. I come home today and there is a colander of black beans in the sink, the can next to it, and I wonder if that was the can of beans I had bought... yep, sure enough. My can is gone. It isn't so bad except he's stolen my food before. Oh, and on Thursday I went into our bathroom and my comb was missing. Again, not such a big deal if it wasn't the second comb that has gone missing in two/three months (of course he has "no idea" about any of that). And he was smoking inside today and had left shit crusted on to his dishes in the dishwasher and didn't clean up the bathroom once all of February, the month he was supposed to clean it, and his shitty girlfriend was over every morning this weekend.

14. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

My chemistry teacher. I swear this guy will take off points for ANYTHING. I have never seen anyone get a 100 on any of his tests/worksheets/labs/etc. I Could have everything right and still get an 80 wtf..

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have a friend who has caught the tri craze. Now he's like an evangelist when I talk to him, trying to convert me to do triathlons. I run and bike, but swimming is not my thing; yet, he persists.

16. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I consider myself well off even by SF standards; I work very hard. Anyway, my wife just gave me a real hard time about buying two suits and a briefcase in the same two-week period. Sure, I could have spaced these things out but to her if it's not on a Balenciaga bag for her, it's a waste of money. She thinks men's fashion is pointless. Why me?

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

This 50-something consultant working on our campaign was blatantly hitting on me today. My co-workers are giving me endless shit over it. Let;s just say even I would't hit that.

18. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

This is my mother-in-law, she also drinks wine.

19. gort

gort Senior member

You forgot to mention the people that put the sticker on their car with the number just to toot their own horn.

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

It appears that after 3.5 years, my LCD flat-screen TV has crapped out. Pixels all over the place. Oddly enough, some stations are okay.